Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Should Cos return? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should Cos return?
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. Pre-TMK, Rokk was the first leader and the one who swore in new leaders/presided over internal trials, but v.4 #1 really began the era when Cos was THE core of the group, a trend that has followed through in SW6, Reboot and Threeboot.

While it works, and works well, I still advocate that some time on the shelf would be good for Threeboot Rokk. If L3W needs a central leader, let it be Preboot Rokk.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
If L3W needs a central leader, let it be Preboot Rokk.

Oh, well sure. If you want someone, you know, good.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
you know i think rokk is the quintessential, responsible, put-upon Legion leader, but i think we've had other really good leaders that over shadowed because of he's so classic (i really liked Kid Quantum's run).

i want rokk to come back because he's one of those that are "core" legionnaires to me and i like seeing the founders interact.

...and early on, manapul drew a really awesome picture of the three founders and i want him to draw rokk so bad!!!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I really have to wonder if the disappearance of Rokk and the disappearance of Lu & Val in the most recent issue are tied into Lo3W. Yes, the people who took Rokk told him they were from the 41st century, and they may well have been, but I suspect they were actually beginning to recruit the initial army for the battle with the Time Trapper & Superboy Prime's LSV.

Heck, they could have been descendants of the Legion with knowledge of the Time Trappers ploy this time. It would all fit and lead right into Lo3W.

Of course it could have been an appearance by Rip Hunter and Booster Gold also in attempting to fix the Time Trappers manipulation of the Time Stream.

Either way, I suspect all three will play an integral part of the upcoming Lo3W.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
I really have to wonder if the disappearance of Rokk and the disappearance of Lu & Val in the most recent issue are tied into Lo3W. Yes, the people who took Rokk told him they were from the 41st century, and they may well have been, but I suspect they were actually beginning to recruit the initial army for the battle with the Time Trapper & Superboy Prime's LSV.

Heck, they could have been descendants of the Legion with knowledge of the Time Trappers ploy this time. It would all fit and lead right into Lo3W.

Of course it could have been an appearance by Rip Hunter and Booster Gold also in attempting to fix the Time Trappers manipulation of the Time Stream.

Either way, I suspect all three will play an integral part of the upcoming Lo3W.

I agree. In fact, all over DCU now there seems to be hints at time anomalies in a very fast pace. Since Time Trapper is the main villain in L3W and Cos was one of the Time Trappers at least in one of the Legion versions (a trick as lousy as Captain Atom as Monarch, IMHO).
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
... Come to think of it, it might as well be Cos, alive and well. Hopefully not. But taking one of Waid's last-minute sub-sub-plots and indirectly tying it into Lo3W? Unclassy.

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
He is a founder, what are ya gonna do.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.