Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Color My Legion? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Color My Legion?
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I awoke recently from a screaming nightmare in which Lantern-Spectrum-mania took over everything. It's far from impossible, you know. If there's one motto the Big Two have cleaved to in my vast lifetime like canine poop to a brand-new shoe, it's the one that goes,

"If we can claim this worked once, we can shove it up everyone's nose everywhere all the freakin' time!! Stupid fanboys!"

Brace yourselves for the following:

Rainbow-colored Durlans
Winathians who shoot "emotional spectrum" lightning
U.P. currency that looks like it blew in from downtown Toronto
Legion crossovers involving Gemworld, Color Kid and (of course) Dazzler-- but containing up to 25% actual Legion content, of course
Smallville Legion breakfast cereals and fruit "roll-ups"

[shrug] I'm just sayin'...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
I awoke recently from a screaming nightmare in which Lantern-Spectrum-mania took over everything. It's far from impossible, you know. If there's one motto the Big Two have cleaved to in my vast lifetime like canine poop to a brand-new shoe, it's the one that goes,

"If we can claim this worked once, we can shove it up everyone's nose everywhere all the freakin' time!! Stupid fanboys!"

I think the Rainbow Lanterns are a direct result of this:

-

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Smallville Legion breakfast cereals and fruit "roll-ups"

I couldn't wait for these from the cartoon! [Frown]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[resists making a joke about Bat-Rainbow Gatherings.] [Wink]

Seymour, I share your pain.
[Frown]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Look a batman in pink is spending a lot of time in a speedo.

Quickly I will convene the HUAC, you call Wertham as a friendly witness. /Nixon Lad

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Look a batman in pink is spending a lot of time in a speedo.

Quickly I will convene the HUAC, you call Wertham as a friendly witness. /Nixon Lad

It is not pink. It is red. OMG! Batman's a Commie!!!!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
A one-man Bat Pride Parade?
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No he is HUAC Batman.

Nixon Lad of course means that on Monday he wears Magenta that blend must make him both a commie and a homosexual.

On Tuesday he wears yellow. Only deviants wear yellow? He does spend time with an old English guy and a speedo-clad boy in a cave.

On Thursday he dons the Orange bat-suit and goes to Northern Ireland to oppress the catholic minority. Finally something Senator Kennedy and Nixon Lad can agree on. Stop Batman!!

On Friday he jets off to Lybia where he wraps himself in the green of the Lybian flag and has a tea with that enemy of Amerika.

On Saturday he wears purple. Seriously purple? That's just unAmerican.

And finally he wears the navy/black suit on Sunday when he should be resting with all the pious in Amerika.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Which is why Batman was never the inspiration for the Legion, he was blacklisted.

So maybe that's the big Ranzz family secret - Dad was really a (fill in your colour of choice here) Lantern. And Universo used to wear a magenta suit, and he was some sort of outcast Lantern... so the basis is there for Cleome's visionary nightmare.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

When you say "visionary nightmare," it sounds so much more like something that I should get paid for, even if it's only in Parisian macaroons. [Big Grin]

As a long-standing fan of the Espionage Squad, I despair of their success rate on missions if Durlans become sort of ambulatory mood rings. I mean, you're trying to convince your quarry that you're enraged enough to beat the tar out of him. Yet, your skin tone is a lovely shade of blue, which (as everyone who survived the 2970s knows) means you're not even remotely upset.

[sigh]

We are in so much trouble when this craze takes off... Let's not even discuss what'll happen to the poor Talokians. Like they haven't already been through enough...

[ June 17, 2009, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Those sneaky Espionagers would probably use fake colours to deceive evil-doers. Which could also explain the blue skin for Talokian barbarians...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Well, I remember that there were the "regular" blue Talokians, and the ones that were closer to Teal or something. I'm not sure how the extra green tint in your skin inclines you more towards evil than not, unless Colu figures in there somehow.

[Confused]

--------------------

Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There was this which I had forgotten all about and came across on Klordny's site. Thanks Mike and courtesy of The Fred Hembeck Files!
 -

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Notice that lavender -El is the only one determinedly not focusing on the Battle Lingerie By Grell...

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Notice that lavender -El is the only one determinedly not focusing on the Battle Lingerie By Grell...

Cos and his outfit of the same era must be just off panel. [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.