Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Which character will Levitz dump first? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which character will Levitz dump first?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the founders?

Chuck and/or Lu?

Or... someone ELSE?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
He could pack Brainy off to Colu. It's been done before. That would free up a lot of space for everyone else.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope he sends Chuck and Lu go back to being teachers at the Academy.

And I agree with FC, Brainy should sequester himself on Colu for awhile.

I hope Paul has Garth disappear too.
Maybe he could go off on a quest for Mekt's twin (he's done things like that before, after all.)

Imra's been over used, really, but I still find her fascinating.

I just hope he doesn't drop Gates or send Lar and Shady off into the far reaches of space or something.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
He dumped Star Boy toward the beginning of the Baxter era didn't he? Looks like Geoff's already done that for him here.

If he dumps Chuck and Lu I will scream blue murder! I haven't waited this long to get Bouncing Boy back just to see him leave again so soon!

I'd love it if he sent the 3 founders and Brainy off on an extended sabbatical though. Imagine the character development we'd see nearly everyone else on the team get at last!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I'd love it if he sent the 3 founders and Brainy off on an extended sabbatical though. Imagine the character development we'd see nearly everyone else on the team get at last!

Heh, that would be nice to see, but I doubt they'd ever do it.

I've said the same thing about the Justice League and the 'Holy Trinity' who just suck up screentime that I'd rather see devoted to characters like Black Lightning and Vixen and Hawkwoman.

Getting rid of Brainy, in particular, would allow some of the other smart Legionnaires to show their stuff (Nura, Cham, Mon, etc.) while moving Garth and Rokk and Imra aside would allow us to see some leadership chops from the rest as well. We already know that Nura, Jan, Drake, etc. have what it takes to be leader.

My number one would be seeing *Ayla* as leader. She's been someone's sister or someone's girlfriend for too damn long. It's time to spotlight that young lady.

Or Tinya. Or, horrorshow, Tasmia, who would probably alienate half the team within the first two weeks... She has a wee bit of 'tude. [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Odds are that by the end of Levitz's run they still haven't found Tyroc.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
(snip)

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:

[grin] Well, he did send the founders away once before.

As for Brainy, I freely admit to doing just that in a fic I'm working on. Not because I hate the character. Far from it. I just wanted to see what everyone else would do to fill his shoes if he wasn't there.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^^^ I nominate you for the new writer if Levitz doesn't work out! [Big Grin]
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Embarrassed]

That's only because you haven't read my writing. If you think Legion fans are grumpy now, I could bring you grumpiness that would break the scale. Twice over.

[Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh please, MY writing can cause someone to bleed out of their eyes and their ears.

But anyway, I'd like to see him...

Do a story where Vi and Yera finally settle the whole "abduction/impersonation" business. I think it was handled a bit too flaccidly in that annual, although it was like five or six years after it happened, but I really don't think those two should keep any animosity. It should be like their told to stop acting like babies and suck it up, I'd want Imra say it, because even she should have limits. "Waa, I got abducted and replaced with a shapeshifter who seduced the man and kinda sorta had a crush on when we were younger and now they get married!" Like that's the worse thing anyone's ever gone through.

Then I'd want him to bring back Graym Ranzz, do a couple of stories showcasing Garth's old personality as the stay-at-home dad, but still have him as Legionnaire. I don't see a reason why he can't do both, Animal Man does it and he has two kids. Really try to work in a bit of the goofy cutesiness from the likes of shows like Rugrats while still showing him as kickass Legionnaire.

Reveal WHY and HOW Brin got back in Ayla's good grace.

More Subs. Lots more. Maybe an issue dedicated to Sub Tryouts, even featuring the likes of Polecat, X-Bomb Betty, and Try Again Lass, where we finally find out her power. Or not.

[ September 12, 2009, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Oh please, MY writing can cause someone to bleed out of their eyes and their ears...

But your writing is full of zombies and lakes of blood and exploding monster eggs. I thought you liked those kinds of reviews. Okay, sorry. I'll stop writing them then.

quote:

But anyway, I'd like to see him... Do a story where Vi and Yera finally settle the whole "abduction/impersonation" business...

If anything, I could see Violet blaming herself for what happened. Either because she was a seasoned team member who got captured without anyone knowing, or because she was such a retiring person that it took forever in comic book time for people to piece together what had happened. (I remember reading somebody's fic where this was sort of in the background.)

quote:
"Waa, I got abducted and replaced with a shapeshifter who seduced the man and kinda sorta had a crush on when we were younger and now they get married!" Like that's the worst thing anyone's ever gone through.

I thought it was more like she never reciprocated Gim's crush at all, which is why a lot of the people around "Violet" started to go "Buh?" when that changed. But it's been a long time since I got to read the stories.

If anything, the more disturbing aspects of the replacement were sort of brushed aside so they could get on with the next story. Nowadays, they'd probably dwell on it more. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on the writer's skill and on how much angst the reader likes sandwiching his/her action sequences.

I agree entirely that we should see the kids again, but I wouldn't count on it happening.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I"m pretty sure you're right; Gim's crush on Vi never seemed reciprocated.

I recall PL already having the Vi/Yera confrontation; Vi told her off and let it lie. I don't think it had to be more than that.

I'd really not see PL try to do v3#64, but rather slowly hint at what links from the past he reintros.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
[qb] Oh please, MY writing can cause someone to bleed out of their eyes and their ears...

But your writing is full of zombies and lakes of blood and exploding monster eggs. I thought you liked those kinds of reviews. Okay, sorry. I'll stop writing them then.

You forgot to mention the crack pairings and illicit crossovers with books no one cares about anymore. And I DO like those kinds of reviews.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
preferably that Levitz put away NONE. I want to see what kind of relationship Cos and Night Girl are having right now. Is Night Girl Tasmia s best friend now? What about Tinya?

I keep thinking that it will be Blok that Levitz will send away for recuperating...hmmm. [Brainiac 5]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
One of the founders?

Chuck and/or Lu?

Or... someone ELSE?

Hmm. I'll bet it's "someone else" first (namely Matter-Eater Lad, quickly followed by Chuck and Lu.

But I *DO* hope Mr. Levitz surprises me... a lot of great things were done with those 3 after he left.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.