Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Which character will Levitz dump first? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which character will Levitz dump first?
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
[Embarrassed]

That's only because you haven't read my writing. If you think Legion fans are grumpy now, I could bring you grumpiness that would break the scale. Twice over.

[Wink]

Some people here are not going to like some of the things I have planned.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately, I was not surprised.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Odds are that by the end of Levitz's run they still haven't found Tyroc.

Boy... I was wrong!

Honestly, I don't mind him cutting, but I wish it wasn't in such a (mostly) predictable way.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I wish he'd played around with the whOOOOOle big group for at least a little while before making cuts.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like you were right about ME-Lad ... he was indeed the first to go.

If Levitz cuts Chuck and Lu next though, I quit!
[Razz]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
I found that throwaway line VERY disappointing, but I am optimistic that this will be precursor to an amazing grand re-entrance by M-E Lad!

Either way, for M-E Lad things are kinda Bismoll right now...

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Chuck and Lu were probably cut first weren't they?

I thought their one-panel appearance at Montauk Point in issue #1 was probably a clue that they'd gone back to the Academy. And their logo's absence from the board in issue #4 all but confirms it.

Boo to Levitz ditching all these interesting and little-seen Legionnaires! I could name four members I'd much rather see him ditch! (Though I'm sure I probably don't need to. [Big Grin] )

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer07
Interstellar Man of Mystery.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer07   Email Lucifer07         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm curious, why give Lu a upgrade in power only to shuffle her off panel? Ah well at least we got XS.
Or Do we?

--------------------
I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)

From: Webers World | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer07:
I'm curious, why give Lu a upgrade in power only to shuffle her off panel? Ah well at least we got XS.
Or Do we?

It was Geoff Johns who gave Lu the upgrade... and what seemed to be an upgrade to Night Girl, converted the White Witch to the Black Witch, changed Blok's appearance and turned Star Boy Schizophrenic.

There is a pattern here!

Add that Johns brought back Matter-Eater Lad and included XS and Yera and you can see what Levitz is up to.

Gates and Quislet should be next to go.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I am honestly still surprised he's using Tyroc. And that's one character Johns DIDN'T put back on the team.

--------------------

Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I am honestly still surprised he's using Tyroc. And that's one character Johns DIDN'T put back on the team.

But it was Johns who listed him as MIA rather than 'back on Marzal and cut off', so I suspect it is a bring him back to dump him exercise.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope you're wrong about that ... Tyroc has real strong potential IF his character and powers are fleshed out properly. That would be the key for any writer (c'mon Paul!) to take this little known hero to the next level.

Oh, plus PLEEEZ lose that fugly red & white costume first!
It hurts my eyes.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
We may still see some of the dismissed characters again, just not as full-fledged team members. At least, I hope so. It's certainly happened before.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Anyone else been ditched lately? Issues 3-6 await my reading but I just don't wanna.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

But it was Johns who listed him as MIA rather than 'back on Marzal and cut off', so I suspect it is a bring him back to dump him exercise.
Jeepers! Who'd have guessed he'd be dumped in the 21st century?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.