Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Isn't it about time the Li'L Legion got a thread? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Isn't it about time the Li'L Legion got a thread?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, I'm surprised there aren't at least a dozen devoted to Spnge.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
**LOVED** the usage of Colossal Boy's original costume on Grayam in that issue.

It's possibly my favorite post-Tom and Mary issue just before things got all Legion on the Runny.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Must re-read! I recall thinking it was fun.

I can't recall if I liked Ivy or if she was too annoying. She was really mean to Kent Shakespeare, but she is just a kid.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved it at the time but I don't know that I have it anymore.
I'll have to look see.

Is there a place on the net to find it
Wouldn't it be fun to find a place where ALL of the past Legion comics could be found?
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
In addition to Ivy and Garridan, there was:

Spnge: I believe he absorbed energy but became increasingly giddy the more energy he absorbed.

Lynk: Was he just a telepath?

Scales: A dragon-like kid who breathed fire.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ivy was portrayed as being a little annoying toward Kent due to her abandonment issues with him, but I think they made up and she became less annoying.

Was it Garridan or Grayam? I really need to reread the issue.

Also, there was a speedster girl.

The absorbing-energy and becoming giddy thing was really cute. I recall he was hesitant to use his power because of the giddiness it caused.

I could actually see him being a total 'stoner' type as a teen, becoming addicted to the giddiness... or would he outgrow it?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

Mara Williams was the adult speedster. She later popped up in the U.P. Academy.

It was definitely Garridan. He used his "mental lightning".

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
that was a cute group. The only action I recall, wasn't it Stargrave that attacked the station? or was it the composite guy? BION?
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

It was Grimbor.
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I must be thinking of a totally different thing.
There was a special where the Legionnaires were portrayed as children and part of a childrens story, the Wizard of Oz or something.

I DO remember Ivy and company on Quarantine.
Oh, well.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

This was issue... I'm wanting to say 51 or 52 of the 5 Years Later LSH. IIRC, Grimbor was attempting to rescue Cocheta Drisden (his daughter by Charma, one assumes) from Quarantine.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I love this issue and am actually shocked we've never talked about it before! Like Lash, I loved Garridian in the Gim costume and thats what sticks out to me the most.

As the years have developed, I've come to really like Ivy a lot. I wish they'd reuse her in some way.

I admit I don't recall Spnge very clearly without having the issue in front of me, but Eryk's description of him gives me reason to believe he could carry his own ongoing series if it was co-written by Lash Lad and Keith Giffen, with art by Chris Sprouse. Collecter's Edition covers by Liefield. You know you'd buy 'em.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I was actually kind of shocked when I searched for threads on these guys, and they hadn't really been discussed at all.

I really came to like Ivy when I was writing her in a fanfic a few years back.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the art. A bit toony, but acceptable.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Mara Williams was the adult speedster. She later popped up in the U.P. Academy.

I always wondered, given DC's "connect all the dots" trend with regard to characters with the same last name, whether the intention had been to make Mara Williams somehow the inheritor of Jay Garrick's legacy via Joan Williams. I dunno.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.