Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Is my character bisexual? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Is my character bisexual?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh... I'm sure you've have plenty of experience with that, Orange. So you can get over it?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Imra could offer some advice here, EDE.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I appreciate the input, so far, though I could certainly use even MORE! Let me, however, tell you all a bit more about how I think the character and how I se him, then let you think about it some more:

You see, Lardy, as he is portrayed in our tagteams and individual fanfics, is quite obviously a hedonist. Honestly, I can't think of any other single LMB character who's an alter-ego of an actual person that is portrayed more consistently as having random sex in our stories. Obviously, this was started by me and has been picked up on by other contributors. Sex and Lardy are synonomous.

I think, in the past, the only character shown having sex about as often was Cobalt Kid. Obviously, with Des's decreased involvement in the group, Cobalt Kid's appearances in the stories have decreased as well. Therefore, Lardy has the lead in sexual references in stories by a large margin in my estimate.

What this says about the character is that he's really into pleasure as much as possible whenever possible. Certainly, he's not looking for a serious committed relationship. This is not to say he's necessarily incapable of loving, but definitely incapable of committing at present.

There's a kind of precedent for Lardy in LMB lore for thinking outside the hetero box. Remember Hermaphrodite Helen? She was the first girl Lardy showed some feeling for. Sure, Helen was serendipitously changed into Girl Girl to make her more acceptable, but he didn't reject her straight away. In my "future" ONEVISIONs, Lardy's duplicate, Pro-D, married her.

Basically, I'm not sure what story possibilities I'm thinking of for this theoretical twist for Lardy's character. When I brought it up, I mostly thought of occasionally portraying him as having sex with a man in some of those many scenes Lardy has showing his hedonism. As the character exists in the present, he's very unlikely to settle down and try to make it work with any person, male or female.

He's kinda like an exaggerated super-hero version of James Bond, sublimating all of the adrenaline from his adventures with sex...but he'd put ol' Jimmy to shame! Only, in addition, he also appears to be an alcoholic and a foodaholic. There's a story there, somewhere...

Undoubtedly, Lardy's a hedonist, but how far would his hedonism go? And if it went that far, would his interest turn him to all-out bisexuality? And if he ever gets ready for a relationship, to whom would he turn?

I'm not sure I know.....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.