Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » This Should Have Been A Poster (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Should Have Been A Poster
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Got any images that you wish had been made into a poster? Well, for me, it would be this image by George Perez, from the History of the DC Universe.

-

It is, hands down, my alltime favorite Legion group shot. Of course, I love anything by Perez, but I would have LOVED to have this hanging on my bedroom wall as a teenager.

Click here for a larger scan of the above thumbnail

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That is nice! Though Tyroc seems a bit out of place among all those Levitz era versions of the characters...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
That is nice! Though Tyroc seems a bit out of place among all those Levitz era versions of the characters...

Clothing-wise, yeah... he was a little outdated. Come to think of it, Tyroc must have had the record for "shortest tenure as a Legion member." I can only really remember him being in a couple of issues, those being the ones when he left the team.

[ July 25, 2003, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Princess Crujectra ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Ferro Lad had him beat for least number of issues as an active member, not counting SW6 and reboot versions.

Funny how Matter-Eater Lad doesn't seem nearly as jarring in his Adventure-era costume, though...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for bring this one up Princess. Perez was always one of my favorites and I can't wait for his JLA/Avengers crossover.

A bigger image of the page, cleaned up by me for wallpaper purposes, can be found here.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Perez was always one of my favorites and I can't wait for his JLA/Avengers crossover.

Me either! I made sure I pre-ordered it at my comic shop last night. They probably would have pulled one for me anyway, but I figured that I've been waiting 20 years for this, and wasn't gonna take any chances! [Smile]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah! Perez Legion! Can't get enough of it. I have always longed for more. I think he'd do a great job with the current Legion.

As for other art that coulda shoulda woulda been a great poster, well, I can think of about a million Grell group shots worthy!

Hey, wouldn't a poster of Princess Crujectra, drawn by Adam Hughes be a great idea? [Saturn Girl]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
that is a great picture by PEREZ !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
did George actually draw any issues ???

i know he's done alot of covers, but can't think of any interior art ???

i wonder why he never drew any .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

the GIFFEN splash page from 'LSH' #300 should have been a poster too !!!

Matthew.

Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
did George actually draw any issues ???
Matthew.

Not that I'm aware of, which is a shame considering how nice he drew them in Crisis. I don't know why, but I want to say that he drew a scene in something, something that featured many different artists, but I suppose I could be thinking of a different team, like maybe the Titans or something.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Okay, since I'm such a Perez fan, and I seem to be on a roll today, I found three more images that I think would make cool posters.

The first is Sun Boy, which I think is a very good pose, very heroic. All it needs is the right background to finish it off.

-

Next comes Dawnstar. I used to have this pic in color, but lost it during a harddrive crash. I have yet to be able to find the colored version again [Frown] Anyhoo, I could see this pose with a nice tropical forest background to it, or maybe a Grand Canyon-esque thing, with birds and clouds.

-

And finally Star Boy. The original pic didn't have this background. The colorist added it later, I guess. I think this would look pretty cool up on the wall.

-

Well, that's all I got for today, at least [Smile]

--------------------

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

thanks for showing those pics !!!

the of SUNBOY is great, but i don't think i would have said it was by PEREZ, if i'd been asked !!!

it looks a little different in style ???

Matthew.

Spellbinder
Founder

I think what I love most about Perez is that his figures look so realistic. I mean, you will rarely see George draw someone in a pose where you think "No human could ever twist themselves into that shape", or see his people with limbs that are freakishly out of proportion (unless they are supposed to be).

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Great Perez pics! Regarding the pin-up and the Legion symbols underneath, I'm curious:
The one for Quislet (between Polar Boy and Saturn Girl - they're listed alphabetically), looks different than the one I'm familiar with. Was this symbol ever used? Same question for Tyroc -- I don't know if they even used those mission monitor board symbols when he was a member. And is the Tellus symbol the one they used in the book? It doesn't look familiar, but I don't recall what his symbol was anyway.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.