Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » This Should Have Been A Poster (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: This Should Have Been A Poster
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
the GIFFEN splash page from 'LSH' #300 should have been a poster too !!!

Matthew.

You mean this one?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Great Perez pics! Regarding the pin-up and the Legion symbols underneath, I'm curious:
The one for Quislet (between Polar Boy and Saturn Girl - they're listed alphabetically), looks different than the one I'm familiar with. Was this symbol ever used? Same question for Tyroc -- I don't know if they even used those mission monitor board symbols when he was a member. And is the Tellus symbol the one they used in the book? It doesn't look familiar, but I don't recall what his symbol was anyway.

This was the Quislet used in the book, I believe:

-

This was the only one for Tellus that I remember:

-

As for Tyroc this symbol:

-

is the only one I've seen and I can only recall seeing it on this Perez piece.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Perez has a stint on Legion at some point. Not right now, but someday.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Princess Crujectra]
{[...] I have yet to be able to find the colored version again :( }

{/Lurch ON} You rang? {/Lurch OFF} {g} ... good taste all around on your part with Perez, and some color adept at LegionPics (I think) shares it for Dawny. Click for a larger, uncropped version.

-

I'd also like to see Perez's take on her against a canyon or lush valley setting. It'd be easier to see her hair, certainly (a frequent loss against starscapes), and it would have a greater feeling of flight in some ways, with a terrestrial scale for what's behind her.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
This is my own choice for an overlooked source of poster art. It's largely missed as a group portrait because it appeared in the middle of "Who's Who in the LSH" 2, at the end of a two-part narrative history of the Legion. Dave Hoover probably drew this -- the credits aren't clear -- and it suffers from the newsprint reproduction. This is the only place where Dawny carries the Legion flag ...

-

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
[QB] {/Lurch ON} You rang? {/Lurch OFF} {g} ... good taste all around on your part with Perez, and some color adept at LegionPics (I think) shares it for Dawny. Click for a larger, uncropped version.

You are handy sometimes, Grey [Wink]

Thanks! (The colored version that I used to have didn't have a background, so that starfield was a nice surprise [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:

Matthew.

You mean this one?
you always have the GOODS to hand, Scott !!! [Lightning Lad]

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:

Matthew.

You mean this one?
you always have the GOODS to hand, Scott !!! [Lightning Lad]

Matthew.

Thanks Matthew, I try. But I don't have the one Grey mentioned above. Guess I'll have to add it to my 'to do' list for wallpapers. If I could only get paid for being here and running my website and collecting Legion paraphernalia, there just might be enough time in the day.
Legion Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
That Giffen picture really would make a nice poster. I wonder who has the original art? Bet it's hanging on somebody's wall.

Tellus did have a different symbol, it's in Who's Who # 1 along with the rest of the Legion in the back. Pretty much the same thing, except instead of eyebrows it has bubbles drifting upward.

--------------------
My powers are Legion!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.