Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Movies (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion Movies
joe mondo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe mondo   Author's Homepage   Email joe mondo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I believe Angels and Insect Queens is based on the movie Angels and Insects with Kristin Scott Thomas from 1996. It tells about the lives of naturalists and is set in England in 1864.

The movie, in turn, was based on a novella, Morpho Eugenia, by A.S.Byatt.

Kudos to Lightning Lad!

Angels & Insects it is (and in turn Morpho Eugenia!)! One of my favorite movies, and a dark little mystery. The original poster follows:

-

From: seattle | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
these are all brilliant !!!

you know you'll have to keep doing more !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the explanations. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Truly stellar stuff mondo! Keep it up! [Laugh Out Loud] [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Those were hilarious! I loved the costume designs on "Bismollian Pie," especially.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe mondo
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe mondo   Author's Homepage   Email joe mondo         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks everyone.

It was a fun project, and reminiscent of one of my favorite DC board threads about Legion movies.

I knew right off I wanted to do Bismollian Pie - but it was daunting. I just kepy putting it off. Then one night I made a pot of coffee and sat down and did it, one character at a time.

I really wanted to do a Silence of the Ranzz poster - about a science police cadet Imra Ardeen (Jodie Foster) involved in the search for a missing Winathian Senator's daughter who may have been kidnapped by her own mentally unstable brother. Imra is called on to interview Kivuun Roxaas (Anthony Hopkins) who may know something about the kidnapping, which leads her to trading secrets for clues.

Really I'd rather cast Jeremy Irons as Roxaas, but I'm such a sucker for keeping the original cast.

From: seattle | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for those Joe, you don't know how bad I needed a laugh.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by joe mondo:
I really wanted to do a Silence of the Ranzz poster - about a science police cadet Imra Ardeen (Jodie Foster) involved in the search for a missing Winathian Senator's daughter who may have been kidnapped by her own mentally unstable brother. Imra is called on to interview Kivuun Roxaas (Anthony Hopkins) who may know something about the kidnapping, which leads her to trading secrets for clues.

Really I'd rather cast Jeremy Irons as Roxaas, but I'm such a sucker for keeping the original cast.

Joe, you do this one and I'll have a new wallpaper for my PC!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
These posters are great, Mondo! They're so creative. The White Witch Project and I Know What You Did Next Summer were particular favorites, I couldn't help but laugh out loud. [Laugh Out Loud] Way to go!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe mondo
Applicant

There are 3 more posters I did that I didn't post. They were my least favorite, but since I posted all the others what the heck...

-

-

-

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
You da man, big daddy joe!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta bump this! Love this thread....hey, joe mondo, since we will have a movie called "Freddy vs. Jason" real soon....wondering if you can put legionnaires on "Nightmare on Elm Street part 3 - the DREAM master"? or even now - Freddy vs Jason (Ferro would look awesome on Jason...brrr..scary!)..is that possible?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
The posters look absolutely fantastic. I've been oohing and aahing since the Gay Legion Con. Any chance I could reproduce a couple in my APA?

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe mondo
Applicant

Hey guys - haven't checked into this thread for a while.

Of course, please use any of the images if you like.

And the Freddy v Jason idea is fun....I'd better get cracking.

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. I'm sure the APA-LSHers will get a hoot out of them.

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.