Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Mrs Grundy visits SHAKES. (Tag-Team) Updated 1/6/04 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Mrs Grundy visits SHAKES. (Tag-Team) Updated 1/6/04
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
.....something really clever, I'm sure.

But meanwhile, in another solar system.....

"Anybody know where we are?" asked KP, surveying the alien landscape.

"Never been in these parts before", replied Shark Lad. "Miner?"

"Give me a minute to clear my head and I'll get us all back" said Outdoor Miner.

"We may not have a minute", said Faraway Lad. "Look!"

Turning towards Faraway, the LWMBers saw.....

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
A shimmering golden female. She hovered a few feet off ov the barren rocky soil of the desolated planet on which they stood. None of the LMBPers recognized her as her face was compleely hidden by the glowing golden light eminating from her form. They stood, transfixed by her radience, staring open mouthed at her.

"Well boys, I know I haven't seen you in a while, but you all look like you've never seen a girl before."

"Who Are You?" Shark Lad managed to ask in a low voice.

"Don't you recognize me Sharkey? We shared some wild adventures a while back. How could you forget me?"

Faraway Lad stared hard at the glowing, sparkling golden form. The voice was familiar but he couldn't quite place it.

"I shouldn't tease you guys. I've changed quite a bit since I last visited Legion World. It's not surprising that you don't know me any more."

She extended a hand and an energy bupple enclosed the LMBPers.

"I'll take you guys home, if you'll tell me where home is now. I've been searching for a long while, but I haven't been able to find it."

Meanwhile back at SHAKES

Cobalt Kid turned to Semi and said, "You really ought to think about taking down that painting."

He pointed at the six foot by ten foot painting which proudly adorned the wall above and behind the bar.

"The Lounging Lad" was painted by the great French artiste Lord Compt De Gayette in 1699. It depicted a stunningly beautiful young man reclining semi nude on a brightly colored divan. The smiling youth in the portrait held a glass of wine in one hand and extended the other towards an unseen lover. How and when Semi originally acquired the portrait had long been a matter of speculation among SHAKES guests.

"It's just so gay. The pastor mentioned to me yesterday that he would feel much better about removing SHAKES from the forbidden list if that disgusting thing was gone."

Semi looked up at the picture as if he was seeing it for the very first time, confusion covered his face. In the back of his mind a small voice began to make itself heard. "Jesus, No, not the portrait, don't take down the portrait." But before he could say anything Vee's voice broke through the gathering fog in his mind.

"Cobie, consider it gone. I've never understood what Semi sees in that blasphemous monstrosity any way."

A wave of Vee's hand caused the portrait to begin shrinking. Semi had to leap to catch it as it fell from the wall.

"No Vee, It's worth Millions." He cried out as he grabbed the portait out of mid air.

Semi knew exactly which buttons to push in order to get his greedy partner to listen. The portrait stopped shrinking.

"Millions? That's interesting." Vee's voice assumed a tone that only came out when his favorite subject, money, was involved.

Semi could see the wheels turning behind his partners eyes. "No you bastard, you won't sell this," he thought savagely. But with a supreme effort he kept his face neutral.

"I'll put it in a safe place," he said slowly. "We can decide what to do with it later."

But even as a massive headache begand to bulid in the back of his head, Semi was beginning to experience an emotion completely new to him, Hate...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The last LMBers continued along with the Golden girl who claimed to be an old friend. However, the more they tried, they just couldn't figure out who she was. "No doubt the doing of some magic" thought Grey Bird boy. "we'll just have to go with it. I don't know how long it'll be before we can come up with a plan. Just the six of us, against all of Legion World..."

On Legion World, Semi spent the next part of his day plotting the terrible murder of Vee. Hate had now consumed him, and he willingly gave in. Vee however had spent most of the day cutting costs by laying off most of the staff and trying to take over the Starfield lounge financially. He was stopped though when he learned that Cobalt Kid had turned it into an undergroud prison camp for "enemies of the state". Icefyre now roamed the streets attacking anyone he saw flirting or engaging in sexual innuendo. And Ms. Grundy waited for the return of the missing five...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
As Icefire roamd the stets his head began to clear "What the Hell just happened" he said aloud.

I just lost my job and my brother doesn't seem to know me!

Suddenly a bright light blinded him

"Icefire I need you."

"What" said Icefire

"Take my hand there are 4 others we must find"

I take her hand and we are gone!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

The next thing I remember is seeing Arachne and a voice saying "Arachne I need you"!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
*alright, Icey's here!*
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Meanwhile, back at SHAKES, an overweight man dressed in a loud go-go checks walked up to the bar.

"Hi guys! I'm Hi-Risk von Tingle and I'm the new manager here at SHAKES. Pastor Uptight told me to get this place into shape. We're gonna make it a real profit center, starting today!"

Vee looked at Semi, who was clutching his head and searching for Tylenol. "Hi-Risk who?" he asked. Semi just shook his head in confused frustration.

"Von Tingle, Von Tingle - haven't you seen my ads on late night holovision? I'm a marketing genius, if I do say so myself. Trust me lad, I've got what it takes to turn this place around. Of course, you'll have to step down from the bar. Maybe I could use you to polish the glasses. Now, what was this I've heard about a valuable painting you've got here?"

Just then, Cobalt walked in...

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
"Hi-Risk, nice to meet you. Why don't I get us some refreshment and we can sit down and talk about my duties," said Semi, thinking quickly.

"Well, I could use a forbidden libation, if you catch my drift," Hi-Risk drooled, as his jowls jiggled in anticipation.

Vee reddened, hate for for this grotesque carnival clown brimmed from every pore of his body. Semi shot him a warning glance. Vee still possessed sufficient memory of his real life, to know, "Don't go there."

"Take a seat over there in the corner," Semi said sweetly, all the time thinking, "where the light is dim so you don't scare the customers, pig." Semi busied himself behind the bar. He took two Christophle diamond cut highballs, filled them with ice, and poured in 2/3 rum and 1/3 Koko-cola. Into the left glass, he added a lavender powder.

"Here we go, Hi-Risk. Let's talk."

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

"Arachne what is going on?" said Icefire

"I have no Idea Icey"

"3 more will join you then all will be explained" said the cloaked figure!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

icefire
Just like old Times!

"They have arrived Stu, Fat Cramer and Outdoor Miner"

" The 5 of you will risk your lives to save Legion World"

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Icefire woke after a strange dream in his large four poster bed. The room looked a little blurry as he swung his legs over and searched for his slippers. He shook his head to clear the cobwebs and realized that his mouth tasted odd. Mumbling he stumbled to the bathroom off of his opulant bedroom and began running a hot shower.

He knew that the mansion's antiquated piping would take a few minutes to flush out the cold water enough to make his shower comfortable. But, once it reached the required temperature, he knew he could not stay in the shower long enough too cause the steam boiler fed system to lose enough heat to make his beloved Umber's shower cold. He grabbed a bottle of listerine and began to wash the odd taste out of his mouth.

He could hear her moving around in her bedroom. Privately he had been amazed when her parents had asked him to stay at the mansion until the wedding. And, Semi had been only too happy to say yes when he asked his older brother for permission. That still rankled him a little but he realized that Semi was only looking out for him. He knew that her well connected parents could provide Icefire with all sorts of the various social and political influences that a mere bar owner could never hope to match.

Icey smiled as he looked into the mirror. Not only was he destined to marry the girl of his dreams, but because of that marrage his dreams could now be vastly upgraded.

As he stepped out of the shower he heard a delicate knock on his door.

"Icey, Icey dearest, are you decent?"

Her voice sent a small chill up his spine. He almost answered, "No but come in anyway." But caught himself just in time. Umber was nothing if not prim and proper when it came to their relationship. She could be daring at times but wouldn't tolerate any shenanigans from him. One careless remark could change her mind. He wasn't willing to risk that. If things got too bad he'd sneak over to SHAKES. He knew a few tricks he could play with Babbette's programming that would help him take the edge off.

"Just a second Umber Dear," he answered, as he hastily threw on a pair of chino slacks and pulled on his robe.

He opened the door and was amazed to find not only Umber but Arachne, Homecoming Queen and Yugo Lass waiting for him. Oddly he had to think a minute to get the last girl's name straight, it seemed to him that she had recently undergone a small retcon. Her old name brought to mind a large gas guzzling vehicle. "Oh well," He thought.

All four girls were dressed in identical outfits. Frilly white high collared and long slieved loose fitting blouses, with Poodle Skirts. to his surprise the skirts were daringly short ahnging only to about mid calf, why if they weren't wearing knee socks, and of course, sensible shoes...

"Umber, what is your mother going to say if she sees you?" He asked, even as he turned away to fix his pants and cover up a potentially embarassing reaction.

Umber's musical laughter filled the room. "Thats where you're going to help us out Icey. We're going downtown to do some shopping and to check out the new sorority that a few of the Bob Jones girls are starting. If they're cool enough to accept us in these risque outfits we might join."

The other girls all tittered and hid their faces at that comment. Umber could be so daring. It was one of the things he loved best about her.

"But anyway Icey dear, I need you to go down to breakfast and distract mother while we slip out."

"Umm... Umber, if your mother ever caught on that I was helping you get away with something like this..."

"Don't worry Icey, if she catches us just pretend to be as shocked and outraged as she is. If you do this Lover Tonite you get a real good night kiss." She licked her lips at the last comment and Icefire melted. He was hers and she knew full well how to manage him.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Meanwhile, the mysterious golden girl thought to herself, "Well, I'm not surprised that they don't recognize who I really am, but I thought they'd pick up on the body I'm using. Don't these guys ever visit the LW Hall of the Dead? I mean, I did modify Robotwoman's basic design a bit before implanting my brain in her lifeless, golden machine body, but most of the basic design elements are still in place."

Back on Legion World, Deputy Ambassador Eryk Davis Ester was...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
In the fourth sub basement of the United Charlatan Church four guards watched curiously as Space ranger regained consciousness.

In the cell across the hallway the Emerald Empress ground her teeth in frustration as she tried vainly to control the Emerald Eye of Ekron. Curiously, while the eye resisted all attempts to separate it from the Empress, even to the extent of destroying two of the ultra powerful “Emma Grundy” androids which had attempted to remove it from the Empress’s cell by force; it would only obey certain commands. Her cell was now comfortably furnished, and the Ranger’s horrible injuries were healed, but the eye refused to do anything else.

In the hallway Dev-Em stood cracking his knuckles, beside him Kara and Harbinger looked into the cell where the Ranger was beginning to stir.

“I hope he doesn’t get all stupid again,” Harbinger muttered softly, “I don’t want to have to fight him again.” Something stirred in the back of her mind as she spoke. He was one of the first people I met when I came here, she thought, and he was always friendly and helpful, what happened to him? What’s happened to all of us?

“Dev-Em’s voice cut off her thoughts, “’Binger, just be ready. If he does have a go at us, I’ll be the target. You and Kara need to hit him hard & fast from the sides when he moves. I don’t want to hurt him again if we don’t have to.”

Both girls immediately nodded their agreement.

Off to one side, the fourth guard, the real Emma Grundy, the human one with no super powers, watched her pawns with growing concern. “They’re fighting the control nodes. I’m going to have to replace their implants with the stronger version. The pastor thought that the more powerful ones would only be needed on a few of the LMBPers.”

Emma reached down to the Father Box on her wrist and adjusted the signals it sent to the devices implanted in the base of the LMBPers necks. Instantly the tone of their conversation changed.

“Let him come,” Kara sneered, “We’ll just fuck him up again. Maybe if we kick his nads a few more times he’ll learn his lesson.”

On the floor above them Numf-El waited and watched for his chance. He didn’t know what had happened to his friends, but he did know that he was not going to stand by and watch. The Ranger and the Empress were going to have some unexpected help whenever they made their move.

--------------------

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

*Story Interlude*

Sentients, we have a small problem here.

In absolute defiance of Legion World Tradition, this story actually has an established plot and sequence of events. I will summarize for those who may have jumped in without fully reviewing the action so far.

Legion World has been invaded by the forces of the United Charlatan Church, under the command of Pastor Uptight N. Upright and his right hand henchwoman Emma Grundy. Almost All LMBPers have fallen under their absolute control because of the "Control Nodes" Installed in their necks by the android Candy. These control nodes cannot be deactivated without killing the person(s) they have been installed in.

The ONLY free willed LMBPers Left are:
1. Grey Bird Boy, Outdoor Miner, Shark Lad, Kid Prime, and Faraway Lad, who have escaped to a neighboring solar system where they met the mysterious Golden Girl. Golden Girl claims to be a figure from the LMBP's Past who has radically changed since their last encounter.
2. Furball, last seen leaving the security office to get some unspecified help.
3. Emerald Empress and Space Ranger, Currently Prisoners In the lower levels of the United Charlatan Church.
4. Numf-El, Who is trying to rescue EE and SR.

EVERYONE ELSE has undergone a RADICAL PERSONALITY SHIFT. They are currently stuck in Far Right Wing Religious HELL. Their morals and attitudes have been adjusted to the worst form of PURITANICAL Hypocracy, and or Money Grubbing Nastyness, Imaginable.

Icefire is currently at the mansion home of Umber's parents eagerly anticipating his upcoming wedding. Vee has become the Ken Lay of legion world, Cobalt has become the John Ascroft of Legion World. Princess Crujectra is MISSING.

Of the people under the UCC's control ONLY Semi is close to breaking free. And that is only because of what has been done to his Beloved SHAKES.

Press your reset buttons and begin from that Premise.

*End Interlude*

(the clues on how to defeat the UCC have been planted)

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A brief case toting figure enters Shakes. "Hi Semi!" He looks around, noticing the piano has been shunted to the corner and the removal of the Lounging Lad. "Don't tell me you have had that portrait of you and Vee finally painted. I still think that the Lounging Lad draws in most of the customers. Unless of course the portrait of you and Vee is au naturale! Is Icey around? I'd like to find out what his favorite color is so I can wear the right thong for the pagaent." The figure puts his briefcase down and sits at the end of the bar. "My usual Diet Coke please. I was tied up in court all day. Not much of a crowd right now."

Semi places the Diet Coke in front of Quislet, Esq. "That'll be $3!" "WHAT!! Since when do you charge for drinks?" QUislet reaches into his pocket and pulls out a $5. "Here. I've been thinking about Sweats the Gym add on. I think there are a few people who would like to be able to exercise totally naked and some who'll just want to watch." Quislet chuckled "I was thinking of making a special area for those LWMBers"

Semi's mind is a whirl with all that Quislet is saying. It sounds familiar but goes against everything he believes in. Right? But why does the thought of a picture of him and Vee naked together excite him? Something was going on, but what?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.