Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Sketches from Archive Edition #2! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sketches from Archive Edition #2!
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, that Jungle King's a cutie. [Wink]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Sunnovva...! Jungle King'll make a guy dump Lester Spiffany! VA-VA-HOT DAMN!!! Tarzan Boy, indeed!

Rainbow Girl ain't bad either.

BEEHIVE ALERT!!!! Luv the Subs portrait!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
These look great as usual, Dean!

May I borrow your Jungle King for my Legion APA? He's one of the topics of our next mailing. What perfect timing!

Eric

Sure!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks Lash, EDE and Arachne!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I bet I'll have the best Jungle King picture in the bunch!

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 14 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
Once again, some tryly great sketches, Dean. Very nicely done. This thread gets a big thumbs up!

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I keep going back to that Jungle King pic...

Dean, I realize you might perhaps be better known for your hot-babes artwork, but MAN!

That's gotta be one of the sexiest guy drawings ever ANYwhere!

The face, the hair, the HANDS.... *fans self*

Anyway, you have certainly proven that you are equally skilled at drawing guys, aliens, etc.!

Your sketches from the ARCHIVES threads are a favorite of mine!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks guys! This project is a lot of fun for me. I'm drawing things I never would have considered drawing before, which really adds to my experience. It's so great to do this stuff and post it, and get responses. Before the internet, I didn't have ANY contact with other Legion fans. It's really cool to share this stuff with people who get it.

Lash, we've "known" each other online for years now, but not in real life, but I feel like you're a great friend. I really appreciate it when you take the time to respond to an image (or 20) that I post. Thank you very much.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

COLOR!
 -

[ November 24, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: deanlegion ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd be his dog.....
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I wouldn't go that far, but great work again Dean. The colour really brings out the muscle structure. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
He's BEEFY!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Glad you guys like him! I'm getting a kick out of how these minor players from the deep past are now so popular at Legion World. They're characters I never would have thought about drawing otherwise. LLL!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so excited by this thread, I've pulled out my archive in anticipation of what we're going to see next!!

Things I'm looking forward to: Satan Girl! Alaktor! Sun Woman! The Puppet Planetoid!! Mystery Raiders! The Mount Rushmore of Space!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! He's almost got a Neal Adams influence on him. And the colour looks fantastic. Great job! Mind if I use this thread as reference material for some of the Legion's more obscure characters?

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.