Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Onevision: "Journeys and Destinies" (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LMB Onevision: "Journeys and Destinies"
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Grey Birdboy flew fast with Elag in his arms, and Arachne on his shoulder. His speed was unmatched by other LMBers or even man-made cruisers. His tracking sense was equally so, with the lone exception of his sister.

Arachne clutched tight to Grey’s shoulder and watched Elagabolus. The boy was smiling and was enjoying the feeling of flying through the air and having the wind hit his face. It was a feeling that she knew Grey Birdboy enjoyed immensely.

Grey looked to his far left and saw the Zythian army that was mobilizing. It was definitely a squid-like race with tentacles, and from what Cobalt Kid had said, was very dangerous. He wondered if there were any armies around that they should know about. He knew that each army held a specific deadliness. His own army consisted mainly of Starhavenites, while Cobalt Kid’s was made up of various people’s and followed the traditionally Roman system, complete with Roman furnishings.

Suddenly, Grey’s keen sense picked something up to his far left. And that’s when he saw it. Another large army, barely visible, making it’s way toward the Zythian army, probably springing an ambush. And then the thought occurred to him that the LMB was walking right in between the two armies! Damn their luck, the first world they step into, and now stuck between two armies that hated each other.

From the looks of it, they weren’t the scientifically oriented Grrggians that Cobalt had described, so they had to be the Karressians. Although they were still far away, his senses allowed him to see bright colored banners and costumes on them. He knew little of the Karressians, and didn’t care to find out now.

“Arachne,” he said in a low voice. “There is another army coming.”

“What?” she whispered back, “From where?”

“From the right, leaving our fellow LMBers stuck between the two.”

“Damn…and it’s too late to turn back” she said, confident in her assessment.

“Agreed. And it would only endanger Elagabolus, our main reason for this quest. They’re powerful, and they’ll have to deal on their own. We should be careful not to alarm Elag though,” he whispered, making sure Elag could hear little with the wind blowing in his ears.

“As much as I hate being stuck on the sidelines,” she replied, “you’re right. It’s not going to be fun for them though…”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
more more more Cobie!

[Love] your work

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cobalt was the first to sense that something was wrong, as he felt an increasingly familiar pain in his head. His new powers kicked in, and the spiritual essence that he had absorbed from Elagabolus less than two weeks earlier flared up to alarm him to a large presence coming his way.

“Something is wrong,” he said aloud, looking to LardLad, Lash Lad, Iron Rat and Invisible Brainiac. Immediately, IB went invisible, a natural reaction that he did automatically whenever he felt there would be trouble.

“I sense it too now,” said Lardy, “the Lardforce is alerting me to an army making it’s way here.”

“We know that already,” said IB from somewhere.

“No, another army. We’re stuck in between them.”

“The Karessians,” said Lash, “well, that’s about right for our luck,” he smiled. “Chances are, we’re in the exact point between the two armies, and will be crushed by them!” he added with a laugh.

“That’s not really that funny,” said Stu half-serious. “Look,” he continued, and suddenly a small orb appeared in front of him, as he was able to project an image of what was occurring in less than a few leagues away. “There,” he said, “the Karessians,”

“That’s them,” said Cobalt, “I recognize the banner.”

“Who’s the hottie?” said Lard Lad suddenly, as the heroes looked to see what he was referring to. They saw the large Karessian army, with vibrant colors of gold and orange, their skin color being a mix of light tan to dark brown, and their height being the average of a Terran race. Leading them was a young woman, who wore a white-ish green outfit with a purple sash across her waist, and purple scattered throughout her costume. Her colors marked her as being important and different from the rest of the army.

“That’s Princess Tarina,” replied Cobalt Kid, “the Princess of the Karessians, and subsequently a military commander. I’ve never meant her (which is too bad, cuz she is pretty hot), but I’ve heard of her. She’s supposed to be very powerful, with some sort of sun-powers.”

“Like me?” said IB.

“No, not so much light powers like you, IB, I don’t think she’s that powerful. But powerful nonetheless. And she’s supposed to be a brilliant military mind despite her youth. But we should be weary, not admiring her. That’s a large army and the Zynthians are getting closer. This is going to be bad, and we’re stuck in the middle.”

“Agreed,” said Stu, “that’s two large armies, one with mental powers, the other with a powerhouse like Princess Tarina”

“Guys…” said Lardy suddenly, “…she’s hot!”

Lash laughed, “she is pretty hot though…”

“I’d do her!” said IB

“Ah, the LMB!” said Stu aloud with a smile. “You do realize we’ll be crushed and killed?”

“Ah, we’ll be OK,” said Lardy, “although it’s too bad that all this land is going to be destroyed. Look at the two farms over there, they’ll be ruined!” The heroes could see the truth in Lardy’s words, as two small homes were on the western end of the battle field and would assuredly be crushed.

“Alright, here’s what we’ll do,” said Lash, “IB and I will make our way across, and if anyone gets in our way, we’ll nail ‘em. Lardy, take out the Zynthians for a bit, Stu you get the Karessians. Cobalt, if this Princess attacks, you attack back.”

“So I get the squid guys?” asked Lardy

“Yup. Maybe they’ll make you hungry?” replied Lash.

“I see where you’re going with this Lash,” said Stu, “obviously, this battle is going to happen one way or another. And we’re going to be stuck in it. But we could get out with no problems if we tried…”

“…so, let’s let it be known that we don’t want wars between two imperialist armies going on on planets that don’t want either one on it. And we can save those two farms from being destroyed by kick-starting this battle into chaos to the point where both sides will pull out and go home to get out of the confusion.”

“Alright, let’s do it then,” said Stu.

[ April 07, 2004, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

IB watched as Lardy suddenly flew into the air with his massive frame and descended on the Zynthian army. “Lardy is going against them all by himself?” he asked.

Lash smiled. “IB, I forgot! You’ve never seen Lardy unleashed. This should be fun. Stick by me and move forward, but watch what you can!”

The Zynthians were quick in there reaction, despite having no idea what they faced. Some type of laser weapon similar to a spear shot at Lard Lad immediately, as a scout force prepared to come in for the final kill, expecting a short victory. They were shocked to see Lard Lad easily blast the laser-spear into atoms, and then rip the ground up in front of the scouts, sending them backwards off of their hover-cruisers. Lard Lad was a Lard-Knight, dedicated to establishing peace in the universe, and Imperialist wars like this one were anathema to all he stood for. He felt no guilt in immersing himself in their business.

Moving forward at a sudden quickened pace, Lardy blasted his way with strong pure blasts of Lard-force, splitting the central armies apart like a sea. He was careful not to kill anyone, but was not gentle. The army responded with more laser-spears, and blasts, although they had little effect on penetrating his shield.

”Whoa! Easy there with those limp tentacles! No penetration!” he yelled, laughing it up. Then, he felt a pain in his mind, as intense headaches erupted quickly, causing him to bend over in pain. His Lardforce was protected him from what would have been a certain death, as hundreds of Zynthians concentrated on telepathically destroying his mind. As a drop of sweat went down his cheek, he looked up to see a large spear blast coming his way until it nailed him in the chest!

Looking up, he felt his anger rise…and the Lardforce erupted. He exploded it at them in every direction, so that they were knocked backwards with a force they had never imagined possible. Power cascaded forth, and Lardy found himself laughing aloud as he felt the release of the Lardforce causing chaos among the Zynthian army.

Far away, Greybird and Arachne wondered what this blast was, not thinking that Lardy could cause something so extreme.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

IB looked back in surprise, but Lash yelled “C’mon IB! Move!” as the two ran ahead. Up ahead, Zynthians and Karessians were coming close to each other, having both prepared to outflank the other, only resulting in the northern front coming closer to conflict quicker than any other place.

Lash pulled his whip out, and ran ahead, watching as shocked soldiers wondered who was coming their way. “Clear me a path!” he yelled to IB, who suddenly let loose a blast of light-energy, knocking back both sides. In truth, he could have done exactly the same as Lardy or Stu, but they felt that his control was not quite strong enough yet. He could have killed people by accident—he was far too powerful for such a display of cutting loose with raw power.

Lash lept ahead, landing on a Karessian’s head, while whipping the weapons out of a handful of Zynthians hands. “Scuse us boys, just passin’ through!” he yelled, deciding to kick a Karessian to the ground, as he ran across their heads and backs. His agility was amazing to IB, as he watched the experienced LMBer do a somersault so that his hands landed on a Karessian’s shoulders, leap forwards in a flip so that he landed on a Zynthian, and then flip forward again to deliver two kicks to more soldiers. And the whole time, he laughed and joked.

Back at the middle, Iron Rat turned to the Karessian army, who were approaching at a quicker speed, increasing to a full charge, with long rifles in their hands that obviously shot some type of energy. He noticed that they held some type of grenade weapon as well, and were looking to make this a brutal battle.

Rising up into the sky above them, Stu began chanting an ancient chant. Symbols began to appear above his head in a brown light, as he began radiating an aqua-green type color. To the Karessian’s below, he seemed to grow larger and more imposing, and many felt a sudden twinge of fear in the back of their spine. Stu’s eyes appeared to be pale white with no eye-balls, and everything suddenly grew disturbingly silent, until he finally looked at them.

Stu opened his mouth slowly, but it felt frighteningly sudden, as the words he spoke rushed out like a thunderous roar, making those directly in front of him fall to the ground holding their ears with both hands. The ground seemed to shake, and the soldiers in front of him felt as if a minor earthquake had knocked them off their feet. The soldiers to his sides watched in terror, until two bolts of lightning emerged from either hand, spraying the soldiers with cackling energy, knocking them backwards. The whole army it seemed was focused on the mage LMBer.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

After the thunderous roar, Princess Tarina rose into the air above the mage, and decided that she would deal with him one on one, to allow her army to pass. She looked at the burning sun overhead, and enjoyed the feeling of soaking in the power it gave her, as she readied herself to unleashing a potent blast as this unfamiliar mage.

She flew at him at top speed, easily passing her army, as she had done before, until she was mere meters away from the mage. She pointed her hands at him, and prepared to blast when—suddenly, she was knocked backwards by an unseen force!

The force knocked the wind out of her, as she lost her balance, and thus her control of flight, and began to fall from the ground. However, she suddenly found herself going farther into the air, as a man in a red and blue uniform appeared out of nowhere and grabbed her by the belt, pushing her in a direction towards the trees, away from the armies.

“Sorry Princess, but no fair play today,” the figure said, until she recognized him. And suddenly, she realized who they were dealing with. This was Cobalt Kid, the Grrggian who left his homeworld and joined the heroic group the LMB, so that the mage must be another famous LMBer. She knew little about Cobalt Kid in particular, but he was a Grrggian, and she hated them, so she would probably hate him too.

“You’ll regret that then Grrggian,” she said, as she blasted a massive blast of sun-energy at him, as he held her perpendicularly to him. It seemed to hit him at first, but she realized that he let her go when she tensed up, so that she was falling again.

“You caught me at a bad time Tarina,” he smiled, “I’d love to have the chance to really give you a go, but I’m in a rush. Maybe another time,” he said, using his magnetism to control the metal in her uniform so that he held her still.
“What right do you have immersing yourself in this war!” she screamed. “Is this some sort of Grrggian plot?!”

“Sorry, but I think you’re confused. Grrggian I may be, but I’m not proud of it. I’m LMB now, and all my loyalty goes to Legion World and the pursuit of justice. And I just don’t see how this little battle between you and the Zynthians is anything but unjust to the people of this planet.”

“Fool!” she screamed, blasting at the ground to shake herself loose. “This is none of your business then! This is a matter between the governments of this region!” She blasted at him again, this time coming dangerously close to burning him badly. She flew at him with a quick burst of speed as he ducked, and swung a punch at his face.

Quickly he caught it in his hand, and used magnetism to pull her feet backwards, so that she was falling over in the air. “Debate all you want…but I just kept you away from your army while my friend Stuey left them helpless. Nice talking with you though—we started out rough, but we really seemed to get to know each other as the date went on. Call me,” he added with a smile, and then suddenly placed a kiss on the mouth of the Princess, shocking her to the point where she stopped paying attention, as he magnetically hurled into the forest below. She fell into the trees in a furious anger, screaming obscenities.

“That bastard!” she yelled, “how dare he?!”

Cobalt flew ahead at super-speed, using his magnetism to move quickly across the magnetic fields. He saw both the Zynthians and the Karessians in total disarray, realizing that the chaos made them easy targets so that both sides were opting for a strategic withdrawal. He smiled, noticing Stu teleport to where Lash and IB joined the others, as Lardy soon did the same.

A success in their own way, Cobalt thought, since they had accomplished little, but did at least prevent a battle for that day. Still, Elag was across safely, and they’d be gone soon enough to not have to worry about this for a time.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Things moved quickly after the skirmish. Elagabolus was elated to see his heroes in action, and couldn’t stop talking to them about their good deeds. Greybird and Arachne were a little surprised to see the five of them cut loose like that, but they recognized what they were trying to accomplish. Elag had each one tell the story over and over again about what was going on through their heads, so that by the end of another three days, it appeared that Lardy was considering frying the Zythians into calamari, Stu almost turned the army into frogs, Princess Tarina was in love with Cobalt Kid and Lash was almost captured for his good looks by horny soldiers. Greybird could only shake his head and say something to the effect of “not too different from how history is really recorded…”

After another day through farmlands, the planet opened up into a series of roads, and they followed one that eventually took them to a fairly large town that acted as the planets main home to merchants and traders. They heard nothing more from either the Zynthians or the Karessians after the episode, although they were sure that once they figured out who they were, the five LMBers would forever be considered enemies in this area of the universe. “Such is the price we pay…” said Lash to IB with a smile, and IB was surprised to see that was pretty much the end of the discussion.

The continued to eat the rations they had brought with them, and sleep by means of camping with the tents and blankets that Lucien had provided them with back at home. When the saw someone approaching they did not know, they used the special cloaks they’d received to hide amongst the brush, and were continually unnoticed by those passing by. They stayed at the town for one night for the sole purpose of being able to sleep in a comfortable bed, and then restocked on rations before making the next logical step in the journey.

The plan all along had been to use the Green to get as far away from Septimus’ emissaries as possible, and then to find a cruiser or another outlet into space, so that they could begin making their way to their real destination: the Castle of Septimus, which they hoped the Ancient Library of Antonioch could help them discover. Now, in this town, they were able to find a merchant who was able to sell cruisers that could travel easily in space.

Although not the biggest or best equipped cruiser, the one that the LMBers eventually decided on was good because it was fast and in good condition, so that they could trade it for a better cruiser when they had the opportunity. Using money that they took out of the Legion World treasury (which was never of any use, since most things on Legion World were free to its inhabitants), Stu an Grey Birdboy paid the merchant (a gruff alcoholic old man) and gained their first cruiser on the journey.

“Cool!” said Elag, getting into it, although Lardy stopped himself from saying “I wonder how long before this blows up?”, since he had been in countless cruiser crashes over the years.

Now set with provisions and transportation, the company decided to take an extra day to rest, eat, and enjoy themselves to a drink, before leaving.

Finally, they left the small town and backwater farm world, and headed off into space.

End Act II

[ April 07, 2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

“Silverale,” said Grey Birdboy ruefully, “and don’t get cheap on the pour,” he added with a smile. Grey turned to see Lash and Cobalt drinking dark ales, as Arachne sipped on an Opal Nura. Next to her, Stu enjoyed a very dry liquor that he’d never heard of before, as Invisible Brainiac watched on with Elag.

They’d journeyed through space for three strait days, until it appeared that the quest would be even more tedious and boring than they’d ever imagined. Finally, when the time came to refuel the ship, they decided unanimously that not only would they stop off to re-fuel, they’d also go in for a few drinks. Under much protest, Invisible Brainiac and Elag would come with them, but would not be able to drink—both were too young. “A good sentiment,” smiled Grey to himself, as he watched Cobalt sneak Invisible Brainiac a large green drink that looked to be close to pure alcohol. “Didn’t see that one coming…” he said sarcastically.

“Got anything bigger?!” said Lardy voraciously suddenly, drawing the eyes of much of the crowd in the audience, as he slammed down an empty glass. “Or should I just have you line up whatever you got?”

“Go for it Lardy!” yelled Lash.

“Remember,” said Stu, “we’re only here for a quick drink. We can’t stay too long.”

“Aw…” said Elag, “it’s so boring in the crusier.”

“Be thankful it’s boring,” said Arachne to the boy, “anything but boring will probably be bad.”

“Aren’t you Lard Lad?” said a voice suddenly, as they all turned to see what was going on. A small man, about five foot, with yellow skin and a giant head stared at him. “Son of a bitch! You sent me to prison about three years ago! Bastard!”

“Prison? What for?” said Lardy

“You know what for! It’s pay back time!” replied the little alien.

“Ain’t you the guy that stole Venturian walking money, but then let it get away from you?”

“What? Of course not! What are you talking about? I robbed a monetary building-“

“Nope! I remember now! You walked right into the mouth of a Super Moby Dick of Space and I had to rescue you out of it! You puked on my shoes!”

“Liar! You know who I am!”

“Damn right! You owe me new shoes!”

“Bastard!” screamed the little man, as it jumped at Lardy. Suddenly, IB laughed so hard that he fell over drunk into the little man’s path. The little alien bumped into IB, fell backwards and landed in Lardy’s giant mug of ale.

“Now it’s war.”

-----------------------
Minutes, later, Grey Birdboy rushed Lardy out of the tavern flying at top speed to the cruiser, as Stu teleported the rest back.

“Wow, we can’t go anywhere with you guys!” said Arachne, half-joking.

“Who was that guy?” said Elag to Lardy.

“I don’t know,” shrugged Lardy, “He must have confused me for Eryk Davis Ester.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

ACT III

Slavery, Spartans and Magic

“Elves, wars and barfights,” said Grey to Stu, as the rest of the crew slept. “So far, we’re three for three.”

“Yeah, and we still have to make it to the library. We must be close by now, don’t you think, Grey?”

“We are. We may know what Septimus is, but once we know how to find him, we can start trying to end this thing.”

“Elag has been quiet lately, have you noticed?” said the Rat-Mage.

“I have. I had thought it was because of the monotony of space travel, but now I think it might be something else. He’s getting scared again.”

“With good reason. We saw what Septimus’ minions could do. That Bard thing…it’ll give me nightmares for some time. Who knows what else we have in store for us?”

“He isn’t sleeping again,” they heard suddenly. It was Cobalt, standing next to them, wearing the dark grey cloak that Lucien Lad had given them. “I can’t sleep either, but I know it’s because of him. I could control it before, us myself to calm him down, but now he’s keeping me awake.”

“Is he awake right now?” asked Stu.

“He must be, that’s why I can’t sleep. He sees Septimus in his dreams, he’s afraid to sleep. He thinks that if he falls asleep, he’ll start listening to Septimus. That makes me worried.”

Stu looked at him for a moment. “You look like hell, Cobie. You really haven’t been sleeping.”

Suddenly, Grey Birdboy turned to the others. “Do you guys feel something? I feel strange suddenly.”

Cobalt and Stu looked at each other. Neither felt anything for a minute. Stu immediately cast a spell of detect magic. “There is no magic here.”

“No…not magic…something else…” said Grey, as he fell forward from the chair. Cobalt suddenly dropped next to him. Stu looked around. What was this? And then he realized that there was a strange smell in his nose. Like a sulfurous gas. And then he felt his eyelids shutting. “Should have just stayed in owl-form…” he muttered to himself. He too fell over, as he heard a large ‘KLANG’ on top of the ship.

[ April 14, 2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It was Lard Lad’s massive body falling off his bed that made Arachne jump awake quickly. She turned to see Lash, IB and Elag all asleep, with no sign of Cobalt. And then she too felt like she was dozing back off, but this time in a different way from her seconds earlier slumber. She was being poisoned.

Immediately, instinct kicked in and she shrank down to the form of a spider. Crawling into a dark corner of her loft, she watched to see what was happening. Moments later, she watched as a group of figures in black uniforms began walking around the main deck. They spoke to each other in a strange language, although it seemed reasonably close to the Interlac tongue spoken in this galaxy.

“Fine slaves these will make,” said one soldier to another.

“A fine profit they will bring. We have done well, the Ostrogots will be proud of this new batch of slaves.”

“Slavers?” thought Arachne to herself. Evidently, Grey and Stu didn’t know this section of the galaxy as well as she had been led to believe, if there were slavers wandering about, capturing fresh meat for whatever the “Ostrogots” were. Slavery was one of the most deplorable crimes imaginable, and Arachne felt anger flare up inside of her, but knew she should hold it back.

She watched, as Cobalt, Iron Rat and Grey Birdboy were loaded onto the Slavers ship, and knew that it must be on top of this little ship they were traveling in. These slavers were not agents of Septimus, that was certain, otherwise there would be some type of undead beast with them. Septimus was too thorough for that. She knew it’d be wiser to play along for a moment and see what developed.

She quietly slipped into Elag’s pocket, still in spider-form, and watched as they carried the remaining LMBers into the ship. When it came to Lard Lad’s massive frame, two androids were called down and forced to do the labor for them. Arachne was also pleased to see the Slavers stealing all the items that the group had brought with them, they would be easily retrievable if the Slavers had them too.

“I’ll wait,” she said to herself, “but not too long. The second I have a fair idea of what I’m facing, or if they so much as harm a hair on that boy’s head, I’ll unleash a venom that’ll they will never forget.”

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It was over before it began.

As the LMB males were loaded into a containment facility, one slaver took notice of Elagabolus’s age, and wondered what a boy was doing with such a group of men. On further inspection, they became enamored with Grey Birdboy’s wings, until what appeared to be there commander informed them that Grey was a hero, part of the legendary LMB.

Consequently, that meant that they were all LMBers, and they soon discovered that it was Lard Lad, Lash Lad, Cobalt Kid, Grey Birdboy, Iron Rat and Invisible Brainiac they were dealing with. According to the commander, they had no choice but to kill them all immediately, otherwise they risked the retribution of fifty of their comrades, who were legendary for the power they held.

Arachne had been waiting for a chance to flex her muscles since the Three Way War, and now she had it. Shooting webs along the sides of the room and the ceiling, she quickly ensured that the Commander and his close guards were all securely taken out of the action. The LMBers were still in their containment facility, but Elag was on the ground. As new slavers ran in, she waited above the door, unseen by those entering, and fired vicious venom into each of them, so that it felt like they just been shot with a bullet.

As the venom spread, paralysis ensued, until a host of slavers littered the hallway and the floors, paralyzed but aware that they were being attacked.

“Hahahahaha!” she heard. It was Lash, and he was awake. “You’ve done it now! You’re all dead, all of you! Release us immediately, or going to die slow and painfully! I can’t call off this demon, so I’d get us out of here!”

To say that they were horrified was an under-statement, and Arachne knew that no others would approach the room for a few moments. Turning back into human form, she ran to Elag.

“Nice moves!” said Lash to her.

“Thanks,” she smiled back.

“I hear more!” said Lash.

Arachne ran over, and the first slaver to enter received a kick in the chin than knocked him right out. The second had no time to block the elbow that came after, and soon Arachne began plowing through them relentlessly. She was silent the whole time, except only to stop to say “You like subjecting others to your will? Now I will show you what it is like to be owned by another human being.”

And then Elagabolus woke up.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

He woke up screaming and crying, and knew that he wasn’t where he was supposed to be. In a panic, Elag looked around, and heard the sounds of Arachne beating the slavers into submission. He saw bodies all around him, paralyzed on the floor and stuck to the walls. One man looked like he would break free.

“Elag!” he heard, and turned to see Lash, “it’s ok! C’mere, help get us out of here!” Elag could see that the others were asleep—he panicked—or were they dead?

He felt a rage building up in him. Who had taken them? Was it Septimus, the dark man from his dreams? Why would they hurt his friends? A man stuck to the wall looked like he was going to break free. He reached his hand to his belt, fumbling with a weapon of some sort. It was a blaster, and Elagabolus knew that this man wanted to kill him, even though he had done nothing to him. He felt the rage, and it burned like fire.

He unleashed it, pointing his hand at the man, as he fumbled for his weapon, and felt the red flow of energy emerge forth from him. It felt great, like a giant release of all the stress that was making him so scared. He flared out of him, and it looked like fire, dark crimson with yellow in the middle, as it spread onto the man. He heard screaming, although he didn’t care, and felt better knowing that he was saving his friends.

Cobalt sprang awake immediately and began calling Elag’s name. The blue aura that surrounded Cobalt began humming, and Elag felt like crying suddenly for no reason. He had just killed a man, burnt him to death. But the man was evil. So he killed him. The man would have killed him.

Arachne ran back into the room and stared at Elagabolus, who now began crying uncontrollably. She looked to see the charred body of a slaver. The others slavers looked wide-eyed in horror. She kicked the door lose, and freed Lash and the others and then knelt down to hug the little boy.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Things moved silently after that. Lash rounded up the slavers and imprisoned them in their own prison. They had no ship of their own now and had nowhere to place them without jeopardizing their mission.

Arachne and Stu spoke to Elag for a time, trying to make him feel better. The boy was scared and they could see the guilt in his eyes. Cobalt joined them, and spoke to him at length about what had happened, and about how Elag had to learn to control his powers. In Elag’s mind, he was becoming evil.

They all felt it though. He had murdered a man. And while he was doing it, he was enjoying it, until Cobalt yelled for him to stop. Was this boy, who they had hoped had a chance, really doomed to become evil? Without his ‘aura of life’, was he now truly an agent of destruction?

“You’re not.” Said Cobalt Sternly. “You’re not evil. You have to see that. Elag…we are who we make ourselves, not what we’re destined to be. Ok?” he added softely.

The boy nodded, silently. “I’m so scared Cobie.”

“I know. Things have gone wrong. This was our fault, we should have never allowed ourselves to be captured. We screwed up, not you. But we have a mission, remember? We’ll stick with it. It’ll be ok, I promised, rember?”

“I remember,” replied the boy.

“It’s not ok,” said Stu to Lardy softly. “I hope that if we take care of Septimus, we can get the chance to help this boy…”

“He’s too young to have a dark side to him…” whispered the Lard Knight to himself.

“The library of Antonioch,” said Grey Birdboy loudly, purposely interrupting all their thoughts. We’re close now. We can leave this ship and get started again, on foot.”

Once again, things moved quickly. They departed with the ship and left a large supply of prisoners in it, about sixty in total, secured with a spell so they could not leave the ship. Stu used his new item that he had created to speak with Spellbinder for the first time to tell her about them.

“Crujeckie…” he whispered.

“Stu? Are you alright? What’s happened?”

“Send word. A large group of slave-pirates are imprisoned in their ship, at this coordinate,” he whispered, creating magic symbols in the air that she could see through it. “Make sure they are brought to justice.”

“And Elagabolus?” she said, aware that he had not answered her.

He was too grim after the recent events to talk about it, however. “He is good. There is nothing to report now, but I promise to talk to you soon. Magic is too dangerous to use now. We are in danger constantly. Good bye.”

Crujectra was surprised at his brevity, and what seemed like rudeness. But she knew they were in constant danger, and said nothing about the conversation to anyone. Still…she wondered what was wrong.

Iron Rat felt guilty about his rudeness, but they had to be quick. Things were moving quickly and Elag was acting strange. He didn’t have it in him to go over everything with the Princess. He quickly turned himself back into an owl, and flew to Elag’s shoulder. The boy would need him now—more than ever.

“We’re landing,” said Grey.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Silent skeletons continued to move in the direction they were drawn too, as hideously deformed abominations of undead joined them. The horde of Sulla grew larger and larger, led by the large Death Knight on his flaming nightmare horse that had previously led an invasion into Legion World. The same Death Maiden that had accompanied it there was now beside it, cackling with delight at being surrounded by so many of her hideous brethren.

The Arch-liche Sulla walked as a Lord among the undead, moving forward with sickening grace, as his decaying flesh and broken bones made thick noises. He neither smiled nor scorned, and looked ahead, preparing to begin his reign of terror.

His magic abilities had detected magic earlier, as his massive power could scry the conversation between Spellbinder, the LMBer on Legion World, and the Rat-Mage, the LMBer with the boy. Now, he knew where he could find them. And he would soon, and would unleash the full fury of one of the greatest mages who ever lived, now ironically transformed into an Arch-liche, the most menacing and most evil of all forms of undead.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Antonioch:

As Iron Rat flew through the air as an owl, he looked ahead and noticed that their journey was approaching an end. Or at least, the end of the first part. A large mountain stood towering above the surrounding trees in the distance, standing alone, as if it was there for a specific reason. Stu knew that it was—it was the ancient library of Antonioch. Here must be where this ancient library remained hidden, concealing a millennia’s worth of secrets. Both he and Grey Birdboy had heard of it before, although neither had given it much thought. Between both their knowledge, they had found it somehow. He smiled to his owl self, wondering how many other great secrets could be uncovered with the LMBers various degrees of knowledge.

In this library, there was an ancient knowledge that detailed the origins of Septimus, the evil wizard that had started this whole thing. Septimus, who supposedly feared the world so much that he would see it end. Septimus, who refused to leave his castle anymore because of this fear. The castle was impossible to find through any means, unless it was detailed here in this library as they suspected.

Stu reflected on what their plan of action was to be. What would happen to Elag once they learned where Septimus was? The LMB, fearless and confident, believed they could go to Septimus and defeat him, and end the thread he posed to Elag. This, in itself, would end the need to hide Elag. Or would it? The boy was extremely powerful, and very threatening. With his recent display of power, and the subsequent killing it caused, it was now apparent that Elag did indeed have the dark side that they all feared, and that he might one day be the thread that Esk dreamed he would be. The foundation was set: this boy could be their greatest achievement or greatest failure.

Only as a fellow mage was Stu able to truly comprehend the danger that Septimus represented. Still, the LMB did not run from problems. Ever.

Realizing that he was lost in thoughts, Stu continued to scout the area, hoping that there was nothing blocking them from their path. He quickly saw that there was. It seemed that once again, things would not be easy. A large army, once again, was blocking their way.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.