Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Luornu Durgo Collection (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Luornu Durgo Collection
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still working on it. Promise. Usually, as soon as I start sketching, something else comes up. But I promise to have an entry by the end of the month.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
For my third and final submission, a slightly naughty Triplicate Girl Haiku:
Two's company, three's
a crowd, four adds a bouncing
boy crying out loud.

Cobe, where's your other two!?!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Me too DrakeB, maybe folks just weren't sure which of three to chose? Still, I think more people voted might have voted this time around so hopefully interest and museum attendance will be up again this next round.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
In the Spotlight Again

The end of Zero Hour left me quite sad
I was hesitant of the reboot before I got glad
Stupid, I was, to think I'd stay mad,
once I got a glimpse of the spanking new Triad!

Always a favorite, Luornu made me smile,
but her preboot appearances occured just once in awhile,
now the new continuity allows her to shine,
so that everyone loves this old favorite of mine

Although I lost Dirk, Gim and Drake for a bit,
Seeing Lyle, Gates and others made up for it,
But the best part of the reboot, and this there's no doubt,
is seeing the spotlight on Luornu in the reboot throughout!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
This is nothing fancy, but I had drawn this a few years back while doing laundry. Laundry time used to be very productive for me sometimes [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Noble Survivor

First came Computo, which ended a life
the first moment of grief and her endless strife
Death seemed to be a thing that Luornu would know
Luck was rough for many Legionnaires, for some moreso

Next came the day that she conspired to kill
And once again she tasted death's cold icey chill
another body was gone, another moment of pain,
yet Luornu pressed on, her spirit did not wane

Grief and sadness tested her enough to make anyone blue
But Luornu had something that few did: a love that was true
An arguement can be made for Luornu's bad luck
But I'd like to think she ended life happy with Chuck

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Fine work all! I especially like Mines' action figures and Cruey's costume design in his first pic which seems to combine several elements of past Lu costumes. Lovely!

Interest isn't lagging, but there's usually a "summer lull" in posting. Don't let that phase you!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Found this while browsing around, and thought it was worth posting [Smile]

-

From here

[ October 01, 2004, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and the Jeff Moy pic I coloured the other day [Smile]

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
How's this conceptually? I thought I'd play with it just a little bit and see what it might look like before putting any real time into it.

-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Micros I designed of the 21st Century Legion version of Lu , who someone else chose to name "Trinity" [Smile]

-
 -

I wrote a bio of her here, and the posts where I've used her significantly are here. here (not a big part for Trinity in and of itself, but significant for the next couple), a small bit here, and another small bit here which leads into a long Trinity-centric post here

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my 3boot doll thang...
 -

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Here's my 3boot doll thang...
 -

Awesomeness!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Aww [Hug] thanks!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems to me I've got some Lu stuff kicking around out there...

Jeff Moy

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Phil Moy

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Shawn VanBriessen

Click for fullsize image

Infectious Drura

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.