Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion fan art! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Legion fan art!
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
That sounds right. Nice.
I can't get the -thumb- tag to work either but if you can write the code for it instead of the shortcut then it'll work.

Lately I've gotten lazy let Image Shack supply the code and I just cut and paste it.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
The IMG and THUMB tags surround the URL of where you have the image stored. A blank line usually needs to precede the code for it to display properly. You also have to be calling up the graphic from a site that allows hot-linking. (See the stickied thread in Bits.)

The format is -- removing the spaces after "[" and before "]":

[ IMG ]your-URL-goes-here-without-spaces-before-and-after[ /IMG ]

or

[ THUMB ]your-URL-goes-here-without-spaces-before-and-after[ /THUMB ]

Do try using "Preview Post," if you aren't already, to be sure the graphic and text display as you want.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-boy   Author's Homepage   Email Nancy-boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ahhh got the thumb tags to work... per the suggestion of line space and typing it all out, cool! Also the original post had a space in the file name. I think that may have munged it.

Click for fullsize image

[ September 25, 2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Nancy-boy ]

From: brooklyn | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Sweet
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I chopped this out of that cover scan of #2 - I thought our new LMBP Prez might like an av off the pre-release cover ...or not but somebody might like to use it.

-

It's pretty low-rez but it ought to be the right size.

Yk
between boots

*Warning* Industrial coloring accident gone right

*no animals were harmed in the coloring of this graphic*

-

[ October 02, 2004, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Hawk ]

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Hawk:
*Warning* Industrial coloring accident gone right

*no animals were harmed in the coloring of this graphic*

-

you know if one of the girls had been drawn with wider hips i'd of thought that Destiny's child was a Legionnaire.(which ones' Beyoncé?) all in all not a bad coloring job and an awsome drawing btw.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I wanted to see how that Ferro Lad looked if Andrew was black like Shooter wanted him to be.

-

Yk
between boots

I just had to try the colors to see how she'd look.
[Big Grin]

-

This is the other variant I did on this one today.
Hey, the Legion maintains a 20th century connection through the Allen family right? Doesn't hurt for her to look the part does it?
[Big Grin]

-

[ October 04, 2004, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Yellow Hawk ]

Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
YH! Awesome! Will you do me a HUGE favor and make Xs white with bright red hair and red eyes? I need a picture of a character named Xl (sorta like the Zoom to Xs' flash) and that would look just like her!

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

lol

Sure.

-

That bright enough on the hair?
I hope you don't mind the Moy pic again. I just had that one in several pieces and it was easiest to just reassemble it that way.

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Not to steal your thunder YK, but you inspired me to recolor the Mike Weringo XS I did a while back. Here's the light-skinned/red-haired/red-eyed variation. The XS as Kid Flash version is in my gallery.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

OOooooo...smooth...
Lou, I just love your coloring technique. Heck, I throw a lot of stuff in here but the thread is really for any and everybody.

...and I discovered a neat thing with that XS so I'll be "tweaking" that XI that I did just a little bit.

Hope you enjoy those, G_L.

[ October 04, 2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Hawk ]

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks YK. My "technique" is really all just the result of a lot (and I do mean a lot) or trial and error. Don't be afraid to try new things, just make sure to "undo" the things you don't like and save frequently when you find something you do. If you screw something up (which I still do quite frequently) you can always go back to an earlier version and try again.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Yeah, you talked about using a palette and I'm dying to get one and try it out. Since I started this thread I've picked up a lot of tricks and I'm learning how to blend those tricks together into new compositions. It's pretty fun.

...and I know what you mean by trial and error..boy oh boy do I ever... [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.