Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The long history of MiddleFinger and the LMB (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The long history of MiddleFinger and the LMB
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Short story:

-In EDE's thread about Starfinger, I came up with the idea that there should be many Starfingers, as kind of an ongoing joke. Starfinger III kills number two, Starfinger IV is a woman, Starfinger V is a push-over that's defeated in two pages, Starfinger VI is a major thread, Starfinger VII is an alien that leads to an invasion a la Earthwar. Part of the fun would be that each new Starfinger kills the previous one!

-In my thread about LMB stories of the past, EDE came up with "The Bride of MiddleFinger!", by far the most funny!

We thought it would be funny to retro-actively insert Middle Finger into LMB lore, as an ongoing villian that has fought the LMB through the years. Part of the fun is that Middlefinger I was in year one, only to be killed in year two by Middlefinger II, who then fought the LMB!

So, that means there should be five great Middlefinger tales over the years that chronicle the various villians who have held the mantle fighting the LMB!

What happened in those tales?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Here's Year One:

"The Bride of Middlefinger!"

Space Tart is captured by Middlefinger aka Shoc Kerr of the planet Kisom. After being hypnotized by him, he steals her off, but not before using his middle finger to shoot a hideous death ray at LMBers Grey Birdboy and Crusader! He plans on keeping this LMB beauty to himself, to make her his bride...before he conquers the whole universe!

Cobalt Kid, Lash Lad, Loser Lad, Beagle Boy, Shady and Lardy fly off to her rescue, planning to take down Middlefinger! After facing a series of obstacles at Middlefinger's Mansion of Mayhem, the LMBers finally get the chance to take him down.

However, Middlefinger is able to use his ray gun to steal away the powers of Beagz, Loser, Lardy, Lash and Cobalt and then has his minions beat them up! Only Shady is able to keep her powers, and she rescues Spacey by using her 'feel good power' to get rid of the hypnotism. With both the LMB femme fatales together, Space Tart and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass are able to give Middlefinger a walloping!

Special appearance by JWB Boy, Kbern Kid and Blok the pet Rock!

And so ends the first tale of Middlefinger!

What happened in Year Two? Who was Middlefinger II? What LMBers did he fight?

Ideas? I know the continuity pretty well, so I can fill in the details (which LMBers were there, etc.).

I'm dying to hear what EDE comes with next...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Was Year Two the year when Starfinger was actually two people? You know... when Lash was kidnapped and placed under mind-control by his then boyfriend Large Handsome, who turned out to be the criminal mastermind who had killed Middlefinger I?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie if you're doing Year One then Crusader would have to be called Newcru King, complete with his original super-cleaning powers!

Good job remembering JWB Boy too! Wonder whatever happened to him? I remember he posted, saying he needed money to either buy comics or impress a girl. I suggested he get a job (at Burger King?) so he'd have the cash to do both. I don't think I ever saw him around after that.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[LOL] Large Handsome! I'm literally laughing out loud right now, my brother's are looking at me funny!

I'm pretty sure that's what that story occured!

We had to split into two teams to battle them, and try and figure out who was the real Middlefinger! Loser Lad, Princess Crujectra, Dev-Em, Faraway Lad and Shark Lad ended up battling Lash, while LardLad, Kid Therod, Kid Psychout, Lucien Lad and Ample Man fought the real Middlefinger!

During this mission, Space Tart, myself, Mightfanboy Lad and Seahorse had to find and destroy the bomb that Middlefinger had been hidden in the statue of Liberty. Naturally, it was in her middle-finger!

Jeepers! What happened in year three?!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lou, it's been retconned that Newcru was 'Crusader' all along, complete with telekinetic powers. Thus, the sani-fresh, super-cleaning powers have been retconned to have never existed!

Both Newcru and Bellbookcandle Kid have retroactively been named Crusader and Seahorse! Only those of us who have access to the time-stream and the alternate realities are aware of this!

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah. See what happens when you miss a couple retcons?!?

I'm still trying to figure out why I woke up this morning with tusks and a power mullet. [Confused]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I thought you'd always looked like that! Gasp! I must not remember the recton! Have I always been a girl?
Loser Lad
Stressed

I sure as hell hope so! [Eek!]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I'm a guy again. Weird.

*Ahem*, EDE, do you remember what happened when the LMB encountered Middlefinger III?

Loser Lad
Stressed

$#!&! I lost the tusks but I still have the mullet. What's up with that?!?

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

I look like the Super Billy Ray Cyrus of Space!!!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... I remember the battle with Middlefinger IV. He was that one with the ring that contained the two female clones of me, so Middlefinger III must have been that fat guy who Dev-Em had once imprisoned on a secret mission for the Anti-Intelligence Corps, and who came back seeking revenge on him, right?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Absolutely! I wasn't around for Middlefinger IV, so you'll have to fill me in on what happened there. I'm sure it occured when clones of you seemed to be running rampant!

Middlefinger III was a bald fat guy named Har Pooperton, a former weapons manufacturer that Dev had imprisoned before he was an LMBer.

Seeking revenge on Dev, he supplied a race of gigantic female Super Moby Dicks of Space with laser beams on their foreheads. After killing Middlefinger II in prison, he assumed the Middlefinger name and attacked! He even captured Dev in a lead prison.

During Iron Rat's term as leader, it took the combined might of LardLad, myself, Lash Lad, Faraway Lad, Lucien Lad, Ultra Matt, Looks that Kill Lad, a newly reformed Yellow Kid, Iron Rat, Seahorse and LMB newcomer Poverty Lad to fend off the Super Moby Dicks!

I had just rejoined the LMB after a lengthy absence, and was forced to sit on monitor duty with Grey Birdboy for the duration of the battle! What a bummer!

Shady and Spacey, old enemies of the first Middlefinger, were joined by Homecoming Queen and Crujeckie to break Dev-Em out of the lead prison he was being held in, so Dev could finish off Middlefinger!

Unfortunately, Middlefinger III died in the middle of battle, when he choked on the sun-flower seeds he was eating! We never really found out why he chewed sun-flower seeds...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Middlefinger IV must have occured while I was missing in action and presumed dead!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.