Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Substitute-Heroes Collection (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Substitute-Heroes Collection
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I *had* to post this one...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
BWAhahaha! Hysterical!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, here's my idea for the Legion of Substitute Heroes... somehow, they find themselves individually pitted against one of the dastardly BAT VILLAINS!!!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Leading things off, we have the Subs um, leader, POLAR BOY. Seems he's just had quite a tussle with some henchmen, but now it's time for him to face....DR. FREEZE!!!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Next, STONE BOY against CLAYFACE!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

CHLOROPHYL KID faces POISON IVY!

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

"How 'bout a little FIRE, Scarecrow!"

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Night Girl

Catwoman

[Cool]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Frog Kid:
http://frogkid.free.fr/pics/LSH/subs.jpg

Uh...WOW! Thanks FK! Awesome!

The rest of you rock as well. [Smile]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Something sappy! I always imagined that the Subs would be more sympathetic to different points of view than the legionnaires - once they got over being rejected and gained some confidence.

"I guess Brek stayed behind after all," Pete said, looking around.

"Oh, never mind, it's always Our Legion Right or Wrong with him," Drura replied, rolling her eyes. "Chlor, you okay with this?"

"Y-y-yes..." Ral fingered the vines that always seemed to burst from the ground whenever he was nervous. "I guess we did the right thing."

"You guess?" exclaimed Pete. "Of course we did! We can think for ourselves, can't we? We're not the Legion's lackeys. There'll probably be hell to pay for this, though... Dag? Dag? Ah, wouldn't you know..."

"Never mind him, turning to stone is his way of avoiding things," Drura sighed.

"I still can't believe this," she continued. "We get an urgent call to help end a riot, subversive and dangerous elements are storming Earthgov offices - and what do we see when we get there? Kids, younger than us, waving signs and chanting. They weren't even near the gates. And there's the Legion, rounding them up for the SPs. We did do the right thing, refusing to participate in that."

"But what did they mean, shouting "No Deals with Dominators?" What Dominators?" asked Ral.

"Grife! You're more dead to the world than Dag sometimes" Pete snapped at him.

Ulu arrived with two of the young protesters. "I can certainly vouch for these two," he explained. "This is my younger brother, Varn, and his roomate. They're both students at the University."

"We just wanted to tell our side of the story," pleaded Varn. "Alert people to what Wellington is up to. We just wanted to make some speeches."

"Well, we're an audience for lost causes if there ever was one," laughed Pete. "Let's hear it."

"Excusez-moi." The group turned, startled, as Jacques Foccart materialized and approached them. "I saw you withdraw and..."

"Stop right there, Invisible Kid!" Drura interrupted. "Before you start chewing us out...."

"Ah, no. No, I did not follow you for that. It was what the Legion was asked to do today..."

"Asked to do? What you were doing!" Drura glared at him.

"Please, let me continue. We were told that a very volatile situation had developed - but it seemed to me those young people were no threat. When I saw you leave, with those two, I thought I could follow... I, too, have been growing concerned with Dominator interference in Earthgov. If you have information, I, for one, would very much like to hear it."

Jacues spoke to the two students, but his eyes never left Drura.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Haven't had much time lately, so all I've got to bring to the party are these lame Legion of Subs lymerics. I couldn't think of a good one for Polar Boy, so if anyone can come up with anything feel free to post away!

[Night Girl]
There once was a girl from Kathoon
Whose powers were thought a great boon!
She could lift up space cars
Or bend iron bars,
Just don't ask her to do it at noon!

[Stone Boy]
He could turn into stone, and for that alone
Our Noble Dag Wentim from Zwen
Could have been a great hero
Instead of a zero,
If he'd remember to turn back again!

[Fire Lad]
Staq Mavlen was called Fire Lad,
Because of the power he had.
He could spit balls of flame,
That was his claim to fame,
Which was kind of pathetic and sad.

[Chlorophyll Kid]
Chlorophyll Kid tried hard you know,
He just wanted to be a hero.
But with Ral Benem's luck,
He got powers that suck,
From a big tub of Miracle-Gro!

[Color Kid]
Color Kid was the lamest of these,
He's the one even Stone Boy would tease.
'Cuz his powers were silly,
And he once lost his Willy
To a Gender Reversing Disease!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

(and chibi-brek)

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More, more, more! How do you like it? I wanna see more submissions in the Sub-Heroes Collection! I've got a drawing to two to finish and scan in - how about the rest of you? deantitan, your Chlorophyll Kid/Poison Ivy is my fav. I think he sprung a woody little tree from the ground.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry this is a little more unfinished than usual, but I've been having some trouble focusing on my art lately. This is something that just kinda came together at lunchtime today, hence the pencils rather than inks.

I'm working on a Night Girl sketch, too, but that's at home. We'll see if I can at least get it inked this week.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.