Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Most Popular Non Legion Superheroines (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Most Popular Non Legion Superheroines
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So, who are they?
Catwoman, Storm, Wonder Woman, She Hulk?

I'm beginning a new project and could use some advice on who is popular in comics aside from the Legion.

Help!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I would say the Wonder Woman, if not popular, is an icon.

Zatanna & Jean Grey have always had a good fan base.

She-Hulk has the advantage of having a series recently.

Catwoman and Storm have both bee around for a while and also have a fan base.

Supergirl & Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) are both recognizable to the general public.

Among others, I would say there is Black Canary, Scarlet Witch, Hawkgirl (Due to Justice League cartoon show).

I think Huntress and Power Girl were more popular when they were the Earth-2 Batgirl & Supergirl counterparts.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
My Fav is Fallen Angel

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Is Deena Pilgrim from Powers a superhero now? She's sassy... [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What about Frank Cho's Shenna? [Eek!] [Drool]

Babs is a favorite even though I don't read BoP.

She-Hulk definitely.

Raven of the Titans.

Blink and Nocturne of the Exiles.

Jean back before her first death as Phoenix.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Sue Storm - Invisible Girl/Woman
Ms. Marvel
Oh yeah, Rogue
-duh-
Storm
-second duh in a row-
Kitten (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents)
Daria [Big Grin]
Amethyst
Tigra
Dagger (of Cloak and...)
Wonder Girl (silver age)
Brandy (Liberty Meadows)
Zatanna
Death (Sandman)
Delerium (Sandman) -wasn't that her name?-
Powergirl (sometimes)
Star Sapphire

-2 pennies worth-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
In terms of who is most popular, I'd guess:
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Jean Grey
Storm
Rogue
Elektra
Invisible Woman
Batgirl (Gordon)
Supergirl (I guess she's Legion though hm?)
She-Hulk

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Yellow King]
{[...] Daria [Big Grin] }

-

[Wink] Courtesy of Outpost Daria

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you mean "never-in-the-Legion," Sketchy? "Non-Legion," to me, suggests those who aren't in the current version. That would include Dawnstar, Andromeda, Thunder, and others from the previous reboot.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Mary Marvel? She's almost as yummylicious as a Supergirl Robot.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
And lets not forget Wonder Girl DOnna Troy, who is rumored about to return to the DCU.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Not just rumoured, confirmed. There's a mini coming out in... June, something like that, written by Phil Jiminez, art by Jose Garcia-Lopez and George Perez. It's four issues I think, supposedly ties into the Inifinte Crisis gubbins and reintroduces Donna into the DCU. Muchly Yay!

As for *my* personal favourites:

Black Canary
Wonder Woman
Oracle (never really read much with Babs as Batgirl and not sure if she counts as a superhero as Oracle, but still...)
Scarlet Witch
Zatanna
Fallen Angel
Peter David's Supergirl
Wasp
Fire
Hawkwoman
Powergirl
Stargirl (aka Star Spnagled Kid II)
Huntress

And I'm very much liking Gail Simone's new version of Rose and Thorn as well, but i don't think she really counts as a hero.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
She-Ra: Princess of Power! (has she ever had a comic as opposed to a cartoon?)

As for public perception, I'd say the only heroines known outside of comic reading circles are:

Wonder Woman (mostly due to TV show)
Supergirl (old movie, JLU appearances)
Storm (X-Men films)
Rogue (ditto)
Jean Grey (ditto, but with most people ignorant of Marvel Girl or Phoenix incarnations)
Elektra (Daredevil & Elektra movies)
Batgirl (Pop-culture, Animated Bats & that awful Batman film)
Invisible Girl (on the edge, but bound to get more exposure with the FF movie)
Catwoman (despite the terrible, terrible movie)

Other than that, I suspect you have to be in the know to have heard of any others.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Jessica Alba.
Halle Berry.
Famke Jansen.
Rebecca Romainne-Stamos.
Charisma Carpenter.

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Magma (Amara Aquilla)
White Queen (Emma Frost)
Scarlet Witch
Rainmaker (Gen 13)
Storm
Moonstone (Thunderbolts)
Sersi
Psylocke
Riptide (Youngblood)
Farenheit (I spelled that wrong, from Stormwatch)
Catwoman
Raven (Teen Titans)
Snowbird (Alpha Flight)
Polaris (Lorna Dane)
Warbird (Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers)
Voodoo Zealot, and Void from WildCATs
Meggan and Cerise from Excalibur
And along with Star Boy, Frosta and Castaspella from Princess of Power

AND THE FREAKING ENTIRE CAST OF JEM

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.