Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Most Popular Non Legion Superheroines (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Most Popular Non Legion Superheroines
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay everyone, thank you very much for the input on this list. I've added up all the votes and have compiled the top 12. Note--some characters have combined identities, like Batgirl/Barbara Gordon/Oracle, like Jean Grey/Phoenix/Marvel Girl, like Wonder Girl/Donna Troy. My decision on characters like that is to just include them on the list as I will, and depict them in my project as I will...

So, here's the top 12, from least votes to most. Thank you for nominating all those dozens of other characters, I've been intrigued, but feel like I must focus on most favorite.

12. Wonder Girl
11. Catwoman
10. Scarlet Witch
9. Powergirl
8. Rogue
7. Black Canary
6. Batgirl
5. Invisible Woman
4. Jean Grey
3. Supergirl
2. Wonder Woman
1. Storm

I must say that I totally agree with this list, though I wish Starfire was on there. Still, I wouldn't know who to bump off in order to include her.

I find it interesting that at a Legion forum, the most voted for character is Storm. A Dave Cockrum thing?

Curious about this project I'm working on? Sorry! Not gonna tell yet! [Smile] However, I will say that even though the Legion isn't included on this list, they will be included in the project.

Stay tuned, and thanks again. (Oh, btw... polls closed!)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Dean-- whatever became of this project? Did I miss it?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
ML! Wow, thanks for reminding me...

Okay, here it is... I was going to go ahead and publish a sketch book filled with drawings of the most popular female comic book characters. I either did new sketches or gathered ones that I'd already done, and scanned them, and organized them to be laid out in comic book format.

Then, I even used photoshop to add grey tones (this would all be done in black and white). I was very happy with the project, even with my typical sketchy finishes. I even asked a couple of printers what they'd need from me in order to get this thing printed, and I got some decent input.

Then, when it became less fun, because of the technicalities, I guess I sorta lost interest and let the project slip away from me....

Sigh.

I suppose the right thing for me to do would be to a *least* post the sketches here....

That'll take a bit of digging....

Thanks for asking!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.