Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Dedman's Art - Shrinking Violet manip (page 3) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Dedman's Art - Shrinking Violet manip (page 3)
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
WAYYY to long since I've posted anything here.
Anyways, here's a couple of manips for now, both have already appeared in Klordny.

First up, Action Legion Dawnstar.
Click for fullsize image

Next, everyone's favorite walking pandemic, Infectious Lass
Click for fullsize image

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice. The model for Dawny looks familiar.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Those look really good.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that the clothes look substancial and not 'painted' on a nude body!

Do you use nude models like most of the artists use?
I think it's hard to find faces that aren't 'hard' or too mature or something.
I've drawn nudes from life, and the faces weren't like that, but photo nudes are rare that way, I think.

Your Dawnstar has a softness in her expression that I like.

Drura is haunting.
The face almost looks like she's a victim in a slasher movie or something.
She looks very young to me, too.
The image takes Drura into a whole new angst, so to speak.
Very effecting.

(Gear is my all time favorite of yours. He's just astounding!)

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with Shady on the clothes, they look really THERE, y'know?

Shady, love your analysis of the Dru manip!

Now I've got to check the whole thread out!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the comments folks!

Candle, I use either nudes or bikini models for my manips, these two in particular were nudes. I know what you mean about 'hard' faces, but I have accumulated a decent collection of source pic of ladies with nice faces (and in 'sensible' poses) to work with.

The Dawnstar model actually looks quite different in the original photo, I had to mess with her features a bit to get her looking more like Dawny.

The Drura model was quite popular on the internet a few years back. She mostly done 'Art' nudes, had some very striking poses. For the life of me though I cannot remember what her name is.

Candle and Lash, I happy you like my clothing treatment. Although I don't do manips as often as I used to, I still take it seriously. To that end I also have a large stockpile of photos of normal people wearing cloths in motion. These photos let me see how diffenrent materials react to bending and twisting around the human form. Of course with most superhero costumes being tight, my speedskater and wetsuit collections are the most useful here.

Hope this helps shed some light on how I work.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
wow. just wow.
From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They're even more impressive after your comments on them.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Photomanip of Marina from Alpha Flight
 -

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Emerald Empress drawing, this one is a bit old now.
Click for fullsize image

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Old drawing, still very awesome!!!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

New Violet Manip I just finished.

-

Not exactly my best work, but I'm out of practice.
Working on a new Sensor Girl now too.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Good casting, but I'm not gonna lie... her chest looks funny. Still, great to see some new work from you deddy - and totally looking forward to the Jecky!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.