Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Legion meets Sim 2 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion meets Sim 2
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey gang, Just thought I'd share something I've been working on over the holidays (I have ALOT of downtime this time of year). I've introduced the Legion into my Sims 2 game and was so tickled with (and yhea, kinda proud of) the results I'd thought I'd share. First off let me say that if you are unfamiliar with EA Games The Sims 2 you should be aware of the limitations of simming the Legion. The main drawback is their total lack of super powers. The closest you can get is being able to stretch Colossal Boy using cheats.On the other hand, shrinking Violet using the cheats results in a very dwarfed Digby (not pretty). However, with EA kicking out an expansion pack seemingly every six months or so (the last allowed allowed users to add pets to their sim households), and with the recent popularity of super heroes in movies and on television ,I'm hoping that EA will jump on the bandwagon and introduce a super hero themed expansion pack before they abandon the Sims 2 format entirely and move on to Sims 3. If so, and with the very talanted modders the sims 2 community has, it then shouldn't be too long before one is able to create a pretty realistic "working" Legion. Another big stumbling block is the games household size limitation of eight sims per lot( 10 to 12 with the various hacks available). Because of this one is unable to create a headquarters where ALL the Legion can live at any one given time. A work around is to create one Legion headquarters (that's clubhouse to you diehard Silver Agers) and several "outposts". And even then, as the game has restrictions and rules about who can visit lots, you'll need hacks to summon the remaining Legion members to whatever lot your playing. Right now I have a total of 32 regular legion members residing on 4 lots. I just finished up simming the Subs and the following in game snapshots are from a sort of welcome to the neighborhood party in their honor.  -
The above shot shows that some liberties were taken in creating some of the costumes. In some cases this was because as I was using micro heroes as guides and they only show the front of costume (this whole thing was started before I discovered this site) so I just invented the back. In other cases it was because I could not find an appropriate mesh. (Invisible Kid's shirt should be bloused while Dawnstar's costume needs fringe,and neither mesh exists to my knowledge). And yet in other cases I was just too frusrated, or not talanted enough, to pull it off. (once again, with Invisible Kid, there should be a vertical stripe on the front panel of his shirt which I could not get to display right, and don't even get me started on the cutouts on Princess Projectras sleeves, getting an even straight line on her boots took several hours!)  -
Now to clarify, the extent of my work up to this point has been to create the costumes the teens are wearing. Alot of the other cool stuff in the snaps like some of the hair and some of the furniture are from the REALLY talanted community members who can actually create meshes. I believe Saturn Girls hair comes from a pay site(most sims sites are free but there are some pay) called Peggy Sims 2. And as regular sim males are a bit on the scrawny side I never would have bothered starting the whole thing if it weren't for the incredible slimmer body builder mesh by Marvine and beosboxboy at InSimenator.net(free site)The rest of the custom meshes used in creating my sim Legion were Chameleon Boy's ears and feelers, Dawnstar's wings, and the capes. All of which were downloaded and recolored. And all of which came from various creators at the mother-of-all Sims 2 sites ModtheSims2
 -  -  -
It's been frustrating at times but overall I really enjoyed working on this little project as it reawakened my interest in my favorite comic book title, which has been dormant since about the mid-eighties. And I'll probably continue to refine some of the costumes as time permits .Since these snapshots were taken, for instance, I've redone Shadow Lass's costume and she's lost the six pack (MUCH less butch). I also look foward to adding different costumes from different eras. Element Lad has the most outfits right now with 3 different eras represented (Classic ,Disco, and Eighties). Also as newer meshes are created and show up on the web, I imagine it will be easier to nail down certain looks. For instance, to create an authentic Chameleon Boy or Colossal Boy would require those little shoulder shrugging pads(?). Until then they'll have to do without.
 -
Not pictured but also present at the blowout for the subs were; Star Boy, who after he caught Dream Girl flirting with Mon-el, smacked her (typical sim reaction to an unfaithful partner) and left early, Chemical King, who once he discovered the upstairs bar decided that drinking was the answer to all his problems(the being dead thing I would imagine), and Super Girl (soaking alone in a hot tub all night).
 -
Next up the Legion Academy. Shadow Lad, or a rough version of him, is already present. He's the other blue skinned Mallorian(?) floating around the room. I made him when I made Shadow Lass and from memory(Boy, was I off). Then after the Academy I hope to recreate a more accurate version of the Legion HQ using floor plans if they exist. Then the Legion of Super Villians, then the Heroes of Xanthu, then Mordru, then......This could really go on a while before I get bored. So if anyone would like to have a copy of the textures and alphas I made for my Legion of Sims (to either use or improve on) let me know and I'll see if I can get them to you. Getting the meshes would be up to you as their creators are VERY particular (and rightly so) about that type of thing. Last of all, thanks a million Nightcrawler.

[ January 02, 2007, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Awww,Lyle ]

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great job! Looks great.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
These are fantastic -- far beyond what I was able to do back in Sims 1. I'm so jealous.

I have Sims 2, but got hooked on City of Heroes and haven't played it much. And it didn't help that there weren't many Legion skins out there for it.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
These are great! I'm totally obsessed with Sims 2 right now. (see sig warning) I haven't played around much with the Legion yet, though I've got a rough version of threeboot Vi and T-Wolf. I like keeping them in "civilian" clothes so they fit in with the rest of the game, but I try to get as close as I can. I haven't done much moding yet. I tried doing realistic Kate and Sawyer (from Lost) sims, but they were a lot of work and I wasn't happy with the results.

I love modthesims2.com; lately I've spent a bit of time every night drooling over the stuff they've got there. (I can't download the big stuff yet because I'm on lo-speed (makes even surfing hard), but it looks like that'll change by the end of the month. Yeah!) Have you tried the Saphire Sims site? They've got some good fantasy stuff there. you might find some meshes that'll be useful for costumes. The link's on the Mod the Sims frontpage.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. This is awesome.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, fun! I'm so tempted to get get Sims now [Smile]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's addicting. Especially since you can shop and shop online for things for them and you don't have to pay a thing.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
feh, faint praise, y'all.

Those are fantastic! I love 'em!

Sure, I've seen Sims plenty of times and sometimes wondered about superhero costumes for them. I even did some searching for stuff like that a few years ago and found plenty of Marvel skins all around the web but few DC characters (other than the big guns). it's about darned tootin' time there was a huge set of good looking Legion skins for the "great unwashed masses" to discover.
Really really nice work.

..of course..

Shadow Kid's killin' me. I love that character but I have a pretty tough time looking at him without sniggering.

-he he-

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are great. Have you posted them for download anywhere?

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Hey, thanks for the kind words folks. Polar Boy, not yet. I'm still fiddling around with most of them. For example, I'm on my sixth version of Invisible Kids costume. I finally managed to get the stripe on the front of his shirt to look straight by distorting it. It's little things like that that suck up huge amounts of time. Also, the two eras I'm concentrating on, classic and disco, are both incomplete as of now. The classic era is missing both Star Boy and Colossal Boy's costume. While the disco era is the closest one to being complete with only Phantom Girl's bell bottomed costume left to finish (and I did find a mesh that might do the trick a few days ago). When complete what site do you thing they would fit in at? Yellow Kid (as I hang my head in shame), I STILL have no idea where I came up with Shadow Kids costume. Maybe I confused him with Pole Dancing Boy.
PolarBoy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
well there great. I saw on mod the sims a hack that allows unlimited house members however I havent tried it so maybe it doesnt work. Have you done Kara I can't for love nor money find a decent supergirl. Do you actually play the game with them all that would be pretty difficult although legion generation 2 would be interesting. There are a set of legion at mod the sims 2 but they arent as good as yours.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=145996

--------------------

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Color me impressed. I don't understand anything about the Sims or... whatever but dag. That must've taken a lot of time and effort and you can really tell. [Smile] Great work Awww,Lyle. I hope we'll see more in the future, too!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

you inspired me I made a supergirl sim now i just have to work out how to acess a screen shot and i will show yall

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling, I think.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

If not there try MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00?\Storytelling. That's where I found all mine. Looking forward to seeing her.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.