Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Legion meets Sim 2 (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Legion meets Sim 2
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
I dont think even 12th level intelligence could deal with that.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
another day another supergirl.

These are my versions of the alpha and the omega.

-
 -

--------------------

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
As usual, great work Polar Boy. What paint program are you using? Also, have you checked out olemantiker's new space set at Insimenator. Your Super Girls would feel at home in them digs. Oh yhea, and it's FREE. The Sims 2603 AD-The Space Center-InSIMenator.net
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great work. That's perfect hair for the golden age SG. (I used to own that dress, minus the insignia, of course.)

What's inSIMenator for, anyway? I see it mentioned, but I've never looked into it.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

thanks guys I use photoshop to do my recolours and what not. I dont know how to make meshes so I use other people unfortunetly Im not really sure where i have gotten most of my stuff from so I would hate to post and have somebody feel I have stolen there work or something. I dont know what simentor is either:)

--------------------

PolarBoy

i have looked at that site before and tried to download stuff but i cant get it to work. do you just move the files to your download folder or do you have to do something else?

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Are you registered at Insimenator Polar Boy? It's free, and once you are registered you should be able to download files just like at any other site. Arachne, the inSimenator itself is a game modifier that allows you to play around with different aspects of the games. I couldn't begin to list all of the things it can do. The InSimenator site was originally built around it and is now home to some very talented creators. Olemantiker for instance. He doesn't kick out a project very often but when he does...WOW. A lot of the background meshes in the Obscure Characters and the Sims 2 thread I started here, are from his factory set. Also worth checking out are Squinge's mods section, Marvine and Beosboxboy's athletic meshes, and SgoobySnacks section.

[ February 17, 2007, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Ram Boy ]

PolarBoy

yeah im registered and i download stuff unpack the zip file on my desk top. open the file and move everything but the instruction file to the sims dowload folder but they appear in the game.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

PB, are you saying only downloads from InSimenator.net aren't showing up or ALL downloads are not appearing? The most I can do without knowing a little more is give you some basic reasons why custom content won't appear in your game. Do you have the lastest version of CEP installed? Without it some content might not show up. Do you have the appropriate expansion packs installed for the items your downloading. If a creator based his or her mesh on, say an item from Pets, and you don't have that game installed, it won't show up. And this is real basic, but is your downloads folder named correctly and in the right folder? It should be \My documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\"Downloads" And last, I remember reading this somewhere, try deleting your Groups.cache file (the game generates a new one if it's missing). It's located in the same folder as your Downloads folder. Sometimes it gets "stuck" and you need to make a new one. Hope something here helps.

[ February 18, 2007, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Ram Boy ]

PolarBoy

thanks for that yeah its weird I have all the expansions except one (But i avoid downloads from it) stuff i download from mod the sims2 works fine its just some site i download as described above and they dont work. but i have got to admit i dont think i have ever gotten cep installed properly. does that just get stuck in the download folder like other stuff? sorry for being dumb [Smile]

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Dumb? Dumb is me driving down the street with my planner on top of the car...again. Anyway, they're up to version 5.0b. Just download the auto installer (it's the first .zip file) to your desktop, double click it and your done. Here's a link that I hope works. CEP auto installer at MTS2
PolarBoy

I did another one over in the dreamgirl thread if anybody is interested [Dream Girl - Re-Imagined]

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Just a couple-o-costumes I've been putting of doing for different reasons.
 -
First up, Lightning Lad Classic. There were so many elements going on with his costume I didn't even want to attempt it for the longest time. As it turned out, it wasn't all that difficult. The metalic lightning bolts need to be toned down a notch, but other than that he's looking pretty snazzy. I ran the arms through a couple different PhotoShop filters than blurred them a little bit. In game they almost look like velvet. In the screenshot not so much.
 -
Anything with cut-outs makes me cringe. But after working on Calorie Queen's outfit I was ready to take on Luornu's disco era costume. I changed the out and out yellow to a more golden hue and glossed it up quite a bit.
 -
I'm really digging the way she looks. Now I'm ALMOST ready to revisit Princess Projectra's outfit and try and tackle those arm cut-outs.

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking good. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

those are both great thats ll costume was one awful peice of design but you did a good job with it.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.