Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: Cockrum Hall (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: Cockrum Hall
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This one fits, too....
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great selection! I'm not too sure which costumes are dave's so don't know which else to post. Which characters debuted during Dave's run?

-

-

[ February 02, 2007, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Disco-era costumes by Dave:

STAR BOY, SHADOW LASS, KARATE KID, CHAMELEON BOY, SHRINKING VIOLET, LIGHTNING LAD, COLOSSAL BOY, PRINCESS PROJECTRA, ELEMENT LAD, DREAM GIRL, PHANTOM GIRL, WILDFIRE, PORCUPINE PETE, INFECTIOUS LASS.

Cos' mankini was a Grell creation, as was Tyroc's outfit and Colossal Boy's bare-legged look. Lu's split-atard, Imra's bikini and Ayla's blue/white side-stripe outfit were all derived from readers' designs, IIRC.

[ January 18, 2007, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
TIMBER WOLF also benefitted from a Cockrum redesign.

(Dave's outfit for Light Lass may have been his own idea; at least, it's not based on the outfit Ayla wore in the reader-design piece reprinted at the beginning of LSH Archive # 10, which included the Saturn Girl pink bikini and the Duo Damsel orange/purple "split-atard")

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
HOW could I have forgotten Brin? S/LSH 197 was so awesome!

I remember reading shomewhere that Ayla's disco-era outfit was a prominent female LSH-fan design... maybe Mercy Van Vlack? Actually, I think it was one of the others. I'll have to look around for the info.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I remember reading shomewhere that Ayla's disco-era outfit was a prominent female LSH-fan design... maybe Mercy Van Vlack? Actually, I think it was one of the others. I'll have to look around for the info. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I think it was Carol Strickland that came up with Alya's 70's Light Lass costume.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Drake,
Not surprisingly, your style is perfect for depicting Cockrum's characters!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
. . . I think it was Carol Strickland that came up with Alya's 70's Light Lass costume.

That's right!
She used to talk about it on the DC/Wonder Woman boards.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Just found this on James Sherman's FB page.
Since they're Cockrum designs, I put it here.
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's The Imperial Guard, By Dave.

-

--------------------
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Cockrum's Timber Wolf by Joe Phillips
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Dave Cockrum's Legion characters.

-

--------------------
But they won't.

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Classic!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.