Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Talkin' 'bout BAD Girls! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Talkin' 'bout BAD Girls!
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Es is simply great.

It's true that Sun Woman doesn't manage to overshadow her counterpart like the other two. I'm still voting against Bel; looking sporty simply isn't high on my personal list of things which give off a 'bad girl' vibe.

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
SW 4
Bel 4
Es 2

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Insomniac Girl:
Es is simply great.

It's true that Sun Woman doesn't manage to overshadow her counterpart like the other two. I'm still voting against Bel; looking sporty simply isn't high on my personal list of things which give off a 'bad girl' vibe.

Obviously you've never had your ass kicked by a girl in sports! [Wink]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Obviously you've never had your ass kicked by a girl in sports! [Wink]

Should something like that ever occur I shall revise my opinion accordingly. Would you in such a case advise to extract revenge, and if yes, with which sporting equipment of space ought I fight back to ensure maximum success?
Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Insomniac Girl:
Should something like that ever occur I shall revise my opinion accordingly. Would you in such a case advise to extract revenge, and if yes, with which sporting equipment of space ought I fight back to ensure maximum success?

Nah, skip revenge, and play the 'wounded pride' card (or possibly the 'actually hurt' card, if the situation warrants) to get free guilt coupons, which can often be redeemed for exciting prizes like sympathy backrubs. [Smile]
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from the fact that I like the holo, of course, I give points to Sun Woman for having a worthy opponent. The others don't. (In Bel's case it's not a matter of worth, really, it's appropriateness.)
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The "spotlight" challenge had a bit of an evolution.

One of my ideas for this competition was "Bad Baby Doll" or "Bad Prom Queen." Kind of a Courtney Love take on the concept. The thing is, when we got to the top three, I totally forgot. I lost my notes! So, I tried to think of a new idea. I thought of the Naughty School Girl, which made me think of Mean Girls (I've never seen that movie, btw). Mean Girls made me think about how Bad Girls hate Good Girls. So, I wanted a Bad Girls versus Good Girls challenge. Then, I thought about how in Legion comics, "scheming" seems to happen (or used to) a lot. Honestly, depicting three different schemes in single holos became too much of a challenge for me alone. So, I decided to keep it simple, and make it a fashion show walk off!

So... who to pit against the top three...

First of all, I happily broke the top 4 tie by rejecting Thora. The other three had more obvious rivals.

1. There was no doubt in my mind that Sun Woman would go up against Night Girl. To me, they were equal. Very pleased with that holo. (Even in all it's sketchiness, quick colors, etc. You all know that I dream that the *perfect* inker was out there, just waiting for some prolific penciller to come along and provide some sketches for him or her to finish... right?)
I was really looking forward to any comments you all would have about that. Thank you!

2. I love that we got to explore the plain-girl-with-the-hot-mom concept. What kind of mama would go up against her own daughter in a holo competition? In the books, Bel clearly loved her daughter, and would probably only do this for fun. Kono looks grumpy in the holo, but I bet she's actually proud of mama.

3. We don't know much about Es Roh, but I'm going with the idea that she' a Rimborian, legally or not. He has the Jo Nah, An Ryd, etc, naming convention. Anyway, she's a Rimborian bad girl, who'd be a good counterpart? A nice Rimborian lass.... oh yeah, I was just talking about using messed up An in the first challenge was fun and that I'd like to use the sweet, innocent An some other time... bingo! IMO, An won the walk-off between her and Es. She was prettier and sweeter. However, Es looks the part of the bad girl.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
So... who to pit against the top three...

Well, there are only three BAD Girls... [Smile]

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Es Roh looks like she's been spending a bit too much time on the 31st century equivalent of the Stairmaster. But she has that charming human dragonfly thing going on.

I like Sun Woman quite a bit, but Bel-in-Sun-Boy's shirt from the last round pulls her ahead.

So, I vote out Sun Woman (though I'd like to see her as a judge-- has she been in any of the competitions?)

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

SW 5
Bel 4
Es 2

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Aww... I'm a softie... all of the top three get to be in the finale....

NO REJECTION THIS ROUND!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Please name your winner:
BEL
ES
or
SUN WOMAN

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Es Roh for the win!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Queen, Catspaw and .... got-dang it, her name escapes me, the hot lawyer chick from LSH 11... for the WIN!

Seriously, the actual contestants cannot touch those 3!

But... since I know that isn't how this works... I'll vote Es Roh for the win! Her closeup was way cute!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Ms. Jakobi

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.