Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Siren Speak (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Siren Speak
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
The results so far...

Jeyra and Meta 2 votes each
Eve and Nara 1 vote each
Delya 0 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, if I absolutely *must* vote...

Nara seems to work with the background the least, so I'll vote her off on those grounds.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the colors for Eve and 'her' Saturn! Like her expression, too. I think she's my favorite of this round.

I like Meta's color choice, too. Something about those shoes and the white surface she's on make me think she's about to 'go into her dance'. A slinky Broadway star.

Delya-- is it yellow or chartreuse? Her hair's like a windswept 1940's movie star-- Betty Grable in space.

Jeyra-- though there are problems (her dress clashes with the planet, to me... what is her right hand *doing* down there?), that *face* against the purple Saturn... *beautiful* hair! No way I could vote her out.

Nara-- I admire that she went for a completely different 'backdrop' and chose the orbital path of Saturn's rings on acid. She furthered the image with a dance-step pose, wild hair and the tattoo. (Did Nara wear that in her 'real' story?) Here, it's indistinct. I can sort of tell it's Saturn, but not fully. I at first glance thought it was a microphone-thingie, to go with the girl-singer look.

With five great pics, it's the little things that count against the contestants. So, it's that little Saturn tattoo thing that makes me vote Nara out.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Nara's tatoo of Saturn is supposed to be kind of indistinct. She was forcibly tatooed (part of the whole "Titanians being forced to wear Saturn symbols" of the post-ZH), and presumably had partially removed it.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Nara 3
Meta and Jeyra 2 each
Eve 1
Delya 0

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Eve is stunning. If this was to pick the winnner, I'd say Eve.

Jeyra also looks stunning, but seems too much of a camera hog, blocking out the picture of Saturn.

Nara Minsork looks great in the Spider-girl inspired outfit.

I didn't like Meta's outfit, but she looked great.

So my pick for losing contestant is Delya. She just seems so plain. She neither compliments Saturn nor does Saturn help her. In fact she looks a little anorexic.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Nara 3
Meta 2
Jeyra 2
Eve 1
Delya 1

POLLS CLOSED!

Cya Nara!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

The top four hypnotists are posted! Who has compelled you to reject them?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
EVE. That hair. Those "shoulder pads". It's Joan Crawford...of Space!

DELYA. Takes the space-cake.

JEYRA. A fine pic, but not ultra like the above two.

OUT:
META

Eryk Davis Ester

I'm voting Meta, but I think it's because I found her background the least hypnotizing.

Poor Nara!

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta vote out Jeyra again. She's just not doin' it for me!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Vote out Eve. I think she's using her cleavage as a supplemental control.

Sorry I missed the first round. I always liked Nara. At least you got a good joke out of her farewell!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Eve looks regally beautiful. I can see why she is Saturn QUEEN.

Jeyra looked haughty.

Delya looked pretty and came closest to the challenge criteria.

Meta looks like she just stepped out of the shower after killing somebody.

Reject Meta (who should be used to rejection. What kind of name is "Legion of Super-Rejects"? The L in their costumes didn't stand for Legion.)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Who should go?
So far:
Meta 3 votes
Jeyra and Eve 1 each
Delya 0

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I also think that Meta should go next...
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.