Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Holo Model Anniversary Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Holo Model Anniversary Discussion Thread
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the response, Teeds!
I appreciated it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing these, Dean! There's some pretty awesome stuff there!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Dean, this stuff has been great! I love the personality you put into your work. It's amazing. [Smile] Thank you!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I must apologize for my slow response, Dean... I've been wracking my brain over in my "various eras" thread.

But the anniversary special has been a real treat!

I really like the guys in sweaters picture... can't wait for cooler weather myself.

I'll bet Tenz really enjoyed making use of the big kissing computer, heh!

I don't think Double-Header has ever looked prettier than in that one unsed photo!

I have a captioning idea for the XGF pic that I want to kick around my head for a bit.

I can't wait to win the lottery and put you on retainer as my artist (and EDE on retainer as my writer, and Teeds on retainer as my... Oh, hell, I'll just send her a monthly check)!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the comments, you guys!

I'm actually working on a grand finale, so check back soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, the Anniversary Special is concluded! Hope you like all the winners' new portraits.

I'll be taking a little breather from Holo Model stuff.

Let me know if you start itching for some new competitions to get going again!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
That Quake Kid! I've said it before and I'll say it again: yeah he's easy -- and he's easy on the eyes. Loose Lad turns in some fine holos.

Big Al -- yow!

See, I like Drura all done up and everything, but I like her with minimal (some basic eye stuff, lipstick) makeup too.

Damn, Iresa! Doing space-justice to a slightly darker palette.

Leung's holo makes me curious. Hey, girl, whatcha wearin'? Let us see! Beautiful background color, Sketchy!

[mean]I like that Persuader's photo obscures his face 'cause he's one of my least-favorite winners.[/mean]

Mekt, Mekt, Mekt. I'm not quite sure yet if I like it, but there's something intriguing going on here that has had me studying this one. Does anyone else see a bit of a manga style, maybe? Is it the color? Hmm.

Swoopy pirate hats, leafy hoodies, and nelly caps off to Sketch Lad for Year One of holo-y goodness. And here's to Year Two!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the commentary and the good cheer, Teeds. You are part of the Holo Model family!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I keep meaning to comment in more detail, but keep keep getting distracted by other things!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
"Loose Lad". Heh!

Wow, Dean.. you've outdone yourself with these new winners' holos. I thought the Persuader's leapt off the screen, Lu's was stunning, Drura is gorgeous. GREAT stuff!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Also, my thanks to all my fellow commentators*. The discussion threads make the whole shebang twice as fun. [Tornado Twins]

*although I am still nursing P-Pete and PCoV grudges

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Sketchy - Longtime Lurker to the Holo threads and I thought I'd best add my voice to the clamour of approval! Huzzah!

Now... where the h-bomb do you get all the time to draw these!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, Star Boy!

My sketches actually happen VERY quickly. I'm sure you've noticed that I don't often render nicely proportioned hands, for example. I'm sure my anatomy would be appalling to some. I'm not really trying to improve my skills. I'm just doing them for fun and relaxation. I get lucky when the faces end up being attractive.

The scanning and coloring takes more time, however, the colors are often done very quickly too.

I really don't care to slow down and do cleaner drawings. In the past, when I've inked my work and used more precise coloring techniques, I end up hating the art and having no fun at all. So, I'll remain Sketch Lad, thank you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I added one final picture....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
A round of applause for the final entry! Take a bow, Sketchy!

BTW, it just clicked with me today when I was doing something else that in Mekt's picture, the red/green are references to his old uniform - very nice to repeat the colours in his eyes. Spikey hair - yum! does give it a little manga air too.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.