Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Singularity Art (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Singularity Art
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Heyo!
My name is Joe Singleton and I go by Singularity over here, and elsewhere....I'm an artist and do my Artistic License column for the Collector Times Online, where most of us are Legion fans. Over the millennia, I've done a bit Legion art and will, likely, do more.
Right now, here's a few very, very dated pieces.
 -
This was done around 2000. The font for the logo I had to modify, slightly, the "Y" was wrong, but otherwise, almost perfect.
 -
Just for fun.
 -
This one's not strictly Legion, but since the Imperial Guard is a Legion analog, here's Gladiatrix, the Supergirl of the Legion.
Always enjoy the Empress...
 -
 -
 -
Supergirl is another favorite of mine. Always thought she belonged in the 30th Cent with Brainy.
 -
One of my redesigns for Supergirl.

My inks are not always as flattering to my pencils as I'd like, but I'm getting better.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Here are a couple more salvaged from my backup CDs...

-
A redesign for Mordru...
And this is an evil Legion, in the style of JLA:Earth 2.
 -
I started writing it, but my skills are not up to it.

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Joe - that's a terrific Evil Legion! Saturn Girl - scary!!! And RJ looks good - we just don't get enough RJ sketches. The Mordru redesign is great - so are the others.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, great stuff Joe!

Mordru looks awesome! Very dynamic Empress/Superboy pic too! I'm very impressed with your artistic skills.

I like the Evil Legion a lot. Like FC says, very scary Saturn Girl! And I also like seeing RJ included.

[LOL] to the Brin/Wolverine sketch [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Joe, these are great! Thanks for posting them. The evil Legion looks perfect and I really enjoyed your Empress pics. Would love to see them in full color. And the Mordru redesign is terrific.

I particularly enjoyed the Brin/Wolverine pic. Outstanding! [Big Grin]

Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Joe, your stuff is great! I really enjoyed it, particularly the Emerald Empress. Love her. [Big Grin] Both group shots were fantastic too-- dynamic and interesting with personalities and relationships coming through beautifully.

Oh, and I agree. Supergirl did belong in the 30th century with Brainy. Ah well, at least JLU got it right. [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Very, very neat. The first group shot reminded me of why I became a Legion fan in the first place. Mordru is awesome and I really like Evil Legion (hee) as well.

Thanks for sharing your talant and please, keep'em coming.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Thank ye!

It's sad how little Legion stuff I've done over the years. When I started doing commissions online, a few years back, I hoped I'd get a bunch of Legion jobs, but I only got a few.

Here's one I had fun with.
 -
Supergirl and She-Hulk in the late reboot era...

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Singularity
Wanderer

This is not a Legion piece, but it's an example of me trying to borrow some of the animated series art style. This is for something I'm working on, if I can get all the elements to come together, she will be starring in it.

For now, here's Galaxia!
 -

She's basically the Supergirl of this outfit, so I borrowed elements from my favorite Supergirl costume. The color scheme and other elements are based on an older version of the character dating all the way back to the dim, nearly-forgotten days of high school.

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

A couple more, done in an animated style. Not trying to mimic the Legion animated style perfectly, just finding a look that I like and that feels natural to me.

These characters are part of the previously mentioned project, along with Galaxia. These two originate from the same homeworld, called Atlas.

Ajax is your basic "brick" or "tank", super-strong, hard to hurt, but ground-bound without the flypod on his belt.
 -

Starwind is a bit different. On a planet where almost everyone is in the Superman class, she is considered physically weak and a poor flyer. Something changes when she leaves Atlas and she learns she can ride the tachyon winds that pass between the stars.
 -

Also, I had the idea to do some animated-style sketches of the Imperial Guard, I'll post those when I get some inked.

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, your work is fantastic, Singularity! I particulary like the coloring and the costume designs!
I'm looking forward to seeing the Imperial Guard sketches soon!! [Big Grin]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

This one is Legion. I had it in a different folder on Photobucket and had forgotten about it.

-

I guess you can tell I like the Emerald Empress, eh?

And heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Mano!
 -

And I quite like this Persuader fellow.
 -
Tharok....not so much...
 -

And, finally, everyone's favorite monster baby, Validus.

-

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Singularity
Wanderer

Oh, and here's some variations on the standard Legion logo I came up with, awhile back.

-

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.