Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Singularity Art (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Singularity Art
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
They are lovely designs. I think I like Aurora best. I'll make sure to read the comic when you upload it tomorrow, Singularity. [Smile]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's some of the bad guys I have planned for Ad Astra. Most are loners, but Krieger, Uurgu, Glamour, and Positron are my own "Fatal Four", called Sanction: Extreme.

-

New strip goes up Friday!
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and a legion pic. 'Toon version of Shady. Always had a soft spot for a blue-skinned brunette...well, any brunette, really.

-

Borrowed bits from several of her old costumes.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow Joe, these are all amazing!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff! I really like some of these original character designs. The Legion stuff is really good too [Smile]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Great stuff! I really like some of these original character designs. The Legion stuff is really good too [Smile]

Thanks, Drake, glad you like them. The Legion is my first love, when it comes to comics. I have an autographed copy of the first Legion comic I ever bought, Superboy and the LSH #217. Mike Grell signed it and it ended up in the back-issue bin at the comic shop I worked in, in the early 80s. If'n I believed in things like "fate", I'd say it was fated for me.

Ad Astra is my Legion, without the hassles. It seems no one can write a book set in the present, anymore, without screwing with the Legion. Ever since the ill-conceived CoIE, it's been a problem. This way, I write about the present, in my HeroBlog and about the future in Ad Astra. I don't have to satisfy anybody but me. And, hopefully, some readers. It'd be nice if I could get paid for it, but you can't have everything. I could take on some commissions, but that way lies complicated Wonder Woman bondage scenarios.

I'm having more fun with Ad Astra than with anything I've ever done. I think it's because it's the comic I've always wanted to do, but always told myself that other projects had more potential. Anyway, it's coming out, now and I'm having a blast with it. I'm even enjoying the inking, which is usually my least favorite part.

Check it out, just posted the latest strip. Oh, and for the artistical types here, there's a link on the site for Fan Art and I would LOVE to see someone take a crack at some of my characters >>>>Lurker Lass<<<< and post them there or here, or both, I don't care.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that I've checked out all the art here, and your strip. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Your characters are very interesting and I'd love to create some fanart sometime. My top three ladies are Galaxia, Aurora and Glamour.

I thought for sure I'd responded here before, but I guess not. Sorry about that. Maybe I began a response but didn't finish it? Anyway, it seems like you have lot of fun with your creativity and I really admire that.

Looking forward to more!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Joe,
I just wanted to let you know that I've checked out all the art here, and your strip. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Your characters are very interesting and I'd love to create some fanart sometime. My top three ladies are Galaxia, Aurora and Glamour.

I thought for sure I'd responded here before, but I guess not. Sorry about that. Maybe I began a response but didn't finish it? Anyway, it seems like you have lot of fun with your creativity and I really admire that.

Looking forward to more!

Cool!
I start typing responses all the time and get distracted and lose the thread of what I wanted to say, I know how it goes.

There's a link on Ad Astra to post fan art or you can email it to me and I'll post it.

I'm glad you like it, I think the series will appeal to Legion fans more than any others. We seem to be the only fans in comics who don't need our heroes to be "down to earth". We like them in a rainbow of colors and a plethora of abilities that other comics ignore or treat as insignificant.

I also invite you guys to check out my Heroblog series. It's the story of Amp, a young superhero who chronicles his adventures in the form of a blog. It includes a bit of art, in a different style than Ad Astra will be.

And, yes, you're right, I am having lots of fun. I cannot recommend it highly enough. If you have the inclination, give it a try. One of the things I liked when I checked out Webcomics Nation is that you set your own schedule, or no schedule at all. You can do one-shot comics, "graphic novels", regular series, whatever.

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
My current hobby is to create the art and the judges' stories for the Holo Model competitions here, so I haven't even attempted other writing or sequentials lately.

But if I ever do, maybe I'll check out Webcomic Nation. Thanks!

I'll let you know when/if I get that fan art done.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

I haven't posted and sketchup stuff, recently, but I had this idea, and had to work on it. Another Legion flight ring design. This one based on a design I like from the 70s.
There are 4 shots here. Just follow the link.

http://heroblog.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=8

Still needs work, but I'm on the right track.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.