Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Singularity Art (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Singularity Art
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
Oh, your work is fantastic, Singularity! I particulary like the coloring and the costume designs!
I'm looking forward to seeing the Imperial Guard sketches soon!! [Big Grin]

Thanks! I'll post somethign as soon as I can.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero
Ad Astra-the comic strip- The stars are ours.

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Now how did I not see this thread before? Your stuff is awesome! I love the redesigns, and the Timberwolf pic was particularly gratifying. 'D love to see more.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Singularity   Author's Homepage   Email Singularity         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks.
I love the new pics you posted, too.
Your pencils really have "life".
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

From: Texas | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

Here's some more of my characters. I'm still working on the Imperial Guard pics, having a lot of fun with them.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Singularity
Wanderer

And here are a few more...

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -
 -

Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Joe! Great mix of heroes and looks. Some are self explanatory from their names or looks - but do you have bios to go with these?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serenity Doxien
Mimain

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serenity Doxien   Author's Homepage   Email Serenity Doxien         Edit/Delete Post     
pretty cool! awsome.

--------------------
~Serenity~

From: On Mimas (main palace) near Saturn. | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Brilliant. I especially like the designs for Rush (speedster obsession, what?) and Wildstar. They're very dynamic. [Big Grin] And I love the alien looks. Really fun!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Brilliant. I especially like the designs for Rush (speedster obsession, what?) and Wildstar. They're very dynamic. [Big Grin] And I love the alien looks. Really fun!

Believe it or not, Wildstar is one of my oldest characters. Created way back in the dim, dark days of high school. I delved into our high school creations in this Artistic License column.

I've always liked the Wildstar look and dip back into that well from time to time, for costume elements. A few months ago, I even revived some of our old characters for my "ongoing" (been on hold for a few months now, but I'll be back) online blog series, HeroBlog. I also plan to use them in Ad Astra, when I get it going. I will be posting my comic on WebComicsNation and I'll announce it here and in my monthly column.
Thanks for all the kind words!
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Singularity
Wanderer

And this, folks, is what all those characters were designed for... Ad Astra!
I put up a placeholder strip until I can get some strips done. I plan to update on Mondays and Fridays, more often if possible and maybe more than one page at a go, who knows...

I'm really feeling the fun, right now, and I want to get something done while it lasts.

If you're thinking of doing a web comic, I think you should take a look at WebComicsNation. It's an easy to use setup and it costs nothing to run as many strips as you want. They even have a setting so your site can host fan art!

Oh, and on a separate note, I'm still working on those Imperial Guard pics, I decided to use them for my next Artistic License column, so I'll post them there, first. It goes up on the 1st of Nov.

Well, that's all fer now!
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Singularity
Wanderer

OK, I had to do this, it was necessary.

I think its a crime that Kara didn't get her shot at the Legion cartoon. It was a great idea and it made sense that she'd feel more at home in the 31st Cent than in ours.

Anyway....I'd be happy if they brought in Andromeda, just to give us a Supergirl in the Legion, but I'd rather have Kara.

Here's my interpretation of both, sorta animated style...

-

Kara's eyes came out a little weird, I'll have to watch out for that.
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, I hadn't seen the latest characters! Very beautiful both as designs and paintings. I love their sleek futuristic look, especially Mega and Ragnar.
Ad Astra looks like my kind of comic. [Smile]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
Hey, I hadn't seen the latest characters! Very beautiful both as designs and paintings. I love their sleek futuristic look, especially Mega and Ragnar.
Ad Astra looks like my kind of comic. [Smile]

I'm glad you said that...I'm working on getting the comic up, but I've got the place all fixed up for it, now.

I'm doing it here: Ad Astra Web comic!

One of the things that sold me on WebComicsNation is that you have a spot to post bios of the characters, here: Character Bios

I haven't posted all the characters up there, yet. Mostly just those I'll need for the first story arc. Actually, the real first story arc is a bit of a history lesson, then I launch into the first Ad Astra story.

Take a look, I'll have more up soon.
Also, I posted a promo "cover" on the Collector Times, this month.
Ad Astra promo...

And, my last little bit of self-promotion, I promise! No, really....
The Imperial Guard in Artistic License!

Later!
Joe

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's make it official!
Ad astra begins on Nov 5, 2007.

JLS

[ November 03, 2007, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Singularity ]

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the site yesterday and read the characters' bios as well as some entris in your blog. I like it very much - it IS my kind of comic - I hope it will be online soon. [Smile]

The Imperial Guard pics are great and they *do* seem read to jump into the Legion cartoon!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Singularity
Wanderer

A few new illos for Ad Astra...

Aurora has the power to control light. She can produce impressive light shows, or create a a whiteout that blinds anyone using the visible spectrum. Her costume changes colors, so it'll never look quite the same, twice.

She hails from Nelvanna, where everyone has some kind of power in the electromagnetic range.

-

This is Electra, no, she's not in love with her daddy, she just moves electrons around to produce electrical effects.

-

And this is Polara, Electra's cousin. Her power is also to manipulate electrons, only she produces and shapes magnetic fields.

-

Electra and Polara are also from Nelvanna.

Another new character is Lustre, she's from Erisia and she's not human, though her people are very similar. She has the power to induce hallucinations in anything with a working cerebral cortex.

-

It's funny, I find myself creating more girls than boys. Guess I'm having more fun drawing them.

So, the launch of Ad Astra is scheduled for tomorrow, probably when I get home from work in the morning.

Laters!
Joe

--------------------
HeroBlog-Be a Hero

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.