Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fresh Faces Discussion Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Fresh Faces Discussion Thread
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Kara: Did she get a cinder in her eye? I like how her cape mimics the shape and flow of the flame.

Chuck-El: A tad too 'wish you were here' touristy-- but good.

Nightwind: Should I recognize this outfit? It looks like maybe I should... Love the background and her '40s-ish hair.

Kantuu: Not his best, but his previous efforts could keep him in.

Chu: I can't stand this character, but that is one dazzling pic. I second Cramer's costuming comments. Well chosen color scheme.

Dvron Light: Hope he's not turning to the dark side. Nice, confident pose against a lovely background.

Emerald Eye-ful: Ha ha ha! Brilliant! And scary.

Winners: Dvron and Nightwind. I think Chu's is the best, but I'm pretty sure she'll win and I *don't* want to see Nightwind leave!

Losers: Kantuu and Kara. Not a good round for characters starting with 'K'.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for the comments and votes. Cramey, you didn't state your rejects. It's not too late.

Polls remain open.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I actually LIKED Kantuu. In fact, I think it was the best of the holos. I like his pensive pose, and the planets/meteors behing make for a very striking scene.

So, my comments in order of preference:

1. Kantuu. See above.

2. Dvron. Like that dark costume.

3. Chu. Lovely jewel mountain. And a very striking pose.

4. Chuck. Sorry, he's not doing it for me this time. The male reject.

5. Supergirl. I actually like how you portray the air movement because of the heat. Nice.

6. Nightwind. I've been such a supporter of her, until now. But in this holo her pose is too artificial. Did not like it.

So, Kantuu and Chu as winners, Chuck and Nightwind as rejects.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Sarya....giggled? The Emerald Empress giggled?? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
This was probably the funniest judge scene I've seen in all of Sketchy's contests!! I laughed literally to tears!

Emerald Ethel is....scary!

As usual the holos are great and in this case I have to admit I enjoyed some of the backgrounds a bit more than some of the contestants.

Anyways, my picks are:

Win: Nightwind (a perfect, fairytale-like scene)
Dvron (even though his costume seems a bit drab in comparison to the rainbow, the scene works and blends very well)

Reject: Chu (it's a beautiful scene but Kara's holo blends both the character and the background in a very powerful scene, so I couldn't reject Kara)
Kantuu (the blue seemed to me to clash with the rest of the holo)

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WINNERS: NIGHTWIND and KANTUU

LOSERS: CHUCK and CHU

LOVED Kara's holo, but Nightwind's retro-hairdo pushed her over the top for me. Chu's holo is nice and all but anyone would look nice in that setting.

Dvron's Dr. Light outfit pulled him out of the top and allowed Kantuu to win. Chuck hasn't been working for me as I hoped he would.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
RED SUN ALL ABOUT IT

Supergirl. While the general "shape" of the holo is quite good, this holo could be better. Kara Z, I'm waiting for you to break out, to really bring it! Get a little Satan Girl if need be, even super-good girls can tap into that diva energy.

Chuck. I like the pose: friendly, welcoming Chuck. Natural. But I think he's doing "big guy in tight outfit = funny" again, and I've already made my feelings on THAT clear.

Nightwind. I find this pose odd. What is she doing?

Kantuu. Whoa. In his previous holos, he's had such presence. Now he's a dude standing at the edge of a crater. Look at him, he looks like he's thinking I've had such presence in my previous holos, and now look at me, I'm standing at the edge of a crater. Director!!!!

Chu. Cheesy, over-the-top pose. WTF...of space!

Dvron. Smart choice in costuming: contrast, not compete with the scenery. Rather basic pose works nicely here. (Take note, Chu.)

Winners:
Supergirl
Dvron

Respond least to:
Chuck (I warned you!)
Chu

On notice: KANTUU. Dude. Don't let the admiration of the Emerald Whosits go to your head. Going from full-tilt space-boogie to Dryadian stroll-pace overnight? I almost -- and probably should have -- voted you out this round.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the reminder, Sketchy. I hate rejecting people, but here goes:

Nightwind and Kantuu - out!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

We were much more diplomatic for the Debutante Ball competition, but I think having eliminations works best for these competitions.

We don't have to use the term "reject" though. In fact, for this competition, we've had "farewells."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Here's the update:

Congrats go to which Female?
Chu 3
Nightwind 3
Kara 1

Farewell to which Female?
Chu 3
Nightwind 3
Kara 1

Wouldn't it be weird to win the challenge, but also lose?

Congrats to which male?
Dvron 4
Kantuu 2
Chuck 1

Farewell to which male?
Kantuu 4
Chuck 3
Dvron 0

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh, it looks like I might be breaking a few ties today... I'm going to ignore the results and comments for now so I don't get biased.

Comments:

Chu

Looks... Her body language suggests she might be dazzled, but the face says she's more bored. But she does look very graceful.

Dvron

Hm, he looks confident and all, but it's not really doing much for me. The scene is good, but Dvron kind of bores me.

Kantuu

Now this is what I'm talking about, Dvron. Kantuu also has a simple, relaxed pose, but it's more... striking, somehow.Maybe it's in the tilt of the head.

Nightwind

I like the outfit and 'do, but the pose struck me as odd at first. It would make more sense if she were using her powers (which doesn't seem to be the case) or if she were trying to claim Krypton for Earth or something. I half expected to see something jumping up at her from the ground. If the pose had had a "story" behind it I'd easily put her in #1 though.

Chuck

I like the pose and the smile. Chuck just looks so HAPPY and welcoming! Course, would be nice if he didn't show off the bully too much [Razz] because Chuck doesn't NEED to go skintight to get people's attention. The smile and the charm are enough.

Kara

I like the "surprised" look she gives off, but it's kinda artificial. Something's missing. I think if she were solemnly watching the falls instead, it'd all be perfect: Kara serenely enjoying home while her cape and skirt billow with the heat, but she doesn't mind 'em at all. Something like that.

Okay, this is really tough.

Girls:

It's tough, really. Kara's going home for me. I'm not sure who should win, though. On one hand, Chu is interesting and elegant. On the other hand, Nightwind has some more surprises for us, I'm sure. Ooooh this is tough. I'll give this round to Nightwind because the whole thing just seemed to come together more.

Boys:

I guess I'm the only one who didn't like Dvron, but I'm still going to bump him off. And I vote for Chuck to win.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for the reviews, IB. It's a really tight race this time, for sure.

I will give artist's notes after this elimination. I do have responses to some of the commentary and more general thoughts about this one.

Polls remain open.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Paging Quislet, Esq.! I won't close polls until you've voted. This scenery was your request.

Polls remain open still!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
To Win: Chuck & Chu.

To Lose: Kara & Kanntu

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

POLLS CLOSED! (Thanks, Quis!)

Chu 4
Nightwind 4
Kara 1

Chu 3
Nightwind 3
Kara 3

Congrats to which male?
Dvron 4
Kantuu 2
Chuck 3

Farewell to which male?
Kantuu 5
Chuck 3
Dvron 1

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

So, I must break some ties....

This might be weird, but I want Chu to both win and lose this round! So...

Chu 5
Nightwind 4
Kara 1

Chu 4
Nightwind 3
Kara 3

Congrats to which male?
Dvron 4
Kantuu 2
Chuck 3

Farewell to which male?
Kantuu 5
Chuck 3
Dvron 1

So, congratulatory holos will happen for Chu and Dvron. Farewell holos will happen for Chu and Kantuu.

The finale is coming soon!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.