Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fresh Faces Discussion Thread (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Fresh Faces Discussion Thread
Insomniac Girl
Super-Space-Ditz

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insomniac Girl   Email Insomniac Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners: Chuck & Nightwind
Losers: McCauley & Jordana

The guys were relatively unproblematic to decide on. McCauley's holo's sporting two so thoroughly unpleasant individuals wearing thoroughly unpleasant expressions that it was easy to pick him. Likewise with Chuck, because of whose entry we're probably going to face an international brilliance crisis very soon since all of it was used up during the creation of his holo!

The girls, though, were much harder. I picked Jordana over Kara for the last place because I like Kara's fresh facial expression and the fun-at-the-beach-vibe her holo gives off, whereas Jordana somehow doesn't leave me with much of an impression at all. Chu vs. Nightwind for first place was very very hard. The warm colours in Chu's holo, the intimate atmosphere between her and her conversation partner and her half-lidded expression are really beautiful. Nightwing though is maybe a smidgen more striking - mainly because of her holo's overall composition and her very impressive co-star (and the floaty candles, one can never have enough floaty candles).

I'd say the Empress looks totally cute in her guest-starring role if I needn't fear that a comment like that would get me fried.

Erm... Quicksand's really scary-looking now. All that blonde and pink.. she's like Attack Barbie. [Gasp]

Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW, fun stuff...

MALE WINNER: Kantuu.

That holo is fabulous.

FEMALE WINNER: Kara.

I checked the last page first so this was the last holo I saw. And I believe I saved best for last.

Poop. I gotta pick last-placers too? that's hard to do.

Can't pick Dvron... his and Monstress' sweet-- and strangely erotic-- holo was almost my selected male winner. I was also drawn to the McCauley/Tangleweb image.

OUT: Chuck.

Though I detest Chu, I have to admit that is one amazing holo. Jordana was my chosen femme winner until I saw Kara, so not her. I also like the goth-Nightwind shot. Curses!! this is too hard!

Fine, I'll vote for the one I can't stand personally...

OUT: Chu.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Woderful stuff! Let's see...

1. Nightwind. She wins it this time, hands down. Love the strange, but serene atmosphere.

2. Supergirl. I think you draw her better than the guy doing the comic book. She is very muscular, but looks great. Good job.

3. Dvron. A difficult decision for male winner. In both Dvron's and Kantuu's holos, the guest star steals the show. But I so love Monstress' expression in Dvron's holo that I have to give him the win.

4. Kantuu. The Empress is amazing, Kantuu looks a bit flat. I really like the concept of the whole thing. It feels like the genie convention just got into town.

5. Chu. Nice holo, but I object to Gates' size. He is just not that big! Or is this a matter of perspective?

6. Chuck. I had him right at the bottom of the pile, but I have to agree that the idea of doing Laurel and Hardy was brilliant. It's just that the final product doesn't grab me. Chuck looks like... well, Hardy, not himself. I would never have recognized him.

7. McCauley. Meh. Not much to comment here. I think I like McCauley better with loose hair, at least for this competition.

8. Jordana. There just isn't very much going on in her holo. Too bad, she seems like an interesting character to draw.

So, winners: Nightwind and Dvron; loosers: Jordana and McCauley.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorites: Chuck and Kara, and I swear it isn't because of the bikini, it's her sweet expression. Jordana was a close second.

Least favorites: CHu didn't do much for me, though it was fun to see gates. It was a toss up between Dvron and McCauley, so...
Dvron.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for all the votes and comments! Here's the update...

WINNER ROUND UP:
Chuck 5 votes!
Dvron 1 vote
Kantuu 1 vote
McCauley 0 votes
Kara 3 votes
Nightwind 2 votes
Chu 2 votes
Jordana 0 votes

REJECT ROUND UP:
McCauley 3 votes
Dvron 3 votes
Chuck 1 vote
Kantuu 0 votes
Jordana 3 votes
Chu 2 votes
Nightwind 1 vote
Kara 1 vote

Polls remain open....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Chu and Gates: Strangely sensual.

Chuck and Flederweb: Funny and original.

Jordana and Tellus: Intriguing yet "familiar".

Kantuu and the Empress: Exotic, dreamy and exquisite holo.

Kara and Devilfish: Fantasy sports? Nice!

Dvron and Monstress: Bizarre and "warm".

Nightwind and Animal Lad: Haunting and melodious. Yes it reminded me of organ music, not sad though.

McCauley and Tangleweb: The allure of dark dangers?

Male Winner: Kantuu (but I'd choose Chuck as a close second).
Female Winner: Nightwind.

Male Reject: McCauley
Female Reject: Jordana

Quicksand looks fantastic in that hair color!

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
THE BUG-EYED MONSTERS ARE US! (AND OUR GUEST STARS)

Chu. Well damn, Madam President!

Chuck. An undeniably fun holo, but a)you're imitating someone and b) Flederweb's funnier.

Jordana. Unfortunately, there's just not much going here. Unless she's giving Tellus the finger there.

Kantuu. Space-dude's on a roll!

Kara. I like this, but I think Kara would wear a more substantial bikini bottom.

Dvron. This one makes me wonder more than the others. What happened directly before and after this holo? This one sticks with you.

Nightwind. Is she happy? Sad? Is Animal Lad comforting or courting her? Also, see above.

McCauley. It takes a very confident man to turn his back on Tangleweb. Just look at him there.

Winners:
CHU
KANTUU

I respond least to:
JORDANA
CHUCK

Note to Quicksand: girl, if you're gonna be blond, you gotta re-think the facepaint. Try silver around the eyes and a nude lipcolor or gloss, maybe.

The judges are becoming legion!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Update...

WINNER ROUND UP:
Chuck 5 votes!
Kantuu 3 votes
Dvron 1 vote
McCauley 0 votes
Kara 3 votes
Nightwind 3 votes
Chu 3 votes
Jordana 0 votes

REJECT ROUND UP:
McCauley 4 votes
Dvron 3 votes
Chuck 2 vote
Kantuu 0 votes
Jordana 5 votes
Chu 2 votes
Nightwind 1 vote
Kara 1 vote

Polls remain open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I did some farewell holos for our guest judges. Couldn't help myself!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
CHU: I get the feeling that Chu's humoring Gates and is about to lower the boom.

CHUCK: This is cute. B&W is turning out to be a bit of a Chuck theme.

JORDANA: Tellus gets more of my attention.

KANTUU: (Can *not*!) Empress steals the show.

KARA: I like her face and the pose. Devilfish is always fun to see. This makes me want to see how they interacted.

DVRON: There *is* a touch of reboot Element Lad (at least after Mordru's transformation of him) about Dvron. It does have a certain eroticism.

NIGHTWIND: Nice to see m'boy, AL. I like them together. There is a touch of rehearsing for community theater about it. And I'm calling that a good thing.

MCCAULEY: I wish Tangleweb's leg (tentacle?) were peeking into/out of McCauley's jacket. Like the monster villain was 'in McCauley's pocket'. That'd be appropriate.

WINNERS: NIGHTWIND and DVRON (with Kara and Chuck close seconds)
LOSERS: JORDANA and MCCAULEY (with our limited experience of her, she's gone about as far as she can go- and McCauley-- well, he's McCauley).

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Update...

WINNER ROUND UP:
Chuck 5 votes!
Kantuu 3 votes
Dvron 2 votes
McCauley 0 votes
Nightwind 4 votes
Kara 3 votes
Chu 3 votes
Jordana 0 votes

REJECT ROUND UP:
McCauley 5 votes
Dvron 3 votes
Chuck 2 vote
Kantuu 0 votes
Jordana 6 votes
Chu 2 votes
Nightwind 1 vote
Kara 1 vote

Polls remain open...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Teeds wins for best Headline Captioning of Her Comments!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I *love* Teeds' captions for her reviews!

Also, I have to thank those who commented on Quicksand. I hope it's obvious that the pastels and blonde hair with her beautiful dark skin was done on purpose.

Polls remain open, though it's really becoming clear who will win and lose!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac 4 said:
quote:
This wasn't a total waste of time...I'll try a few of the things I saw here. Who knows? Maybe I'll even try and steal that genie from that empress. Might be interesting for a minute.
Well!! And they say Coluans are cold! [Wink] [Razz] [LOL]

(OK. Sometimes, the dirty part of my mind shows up...)

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

POLLS ARE CLOSED!!

RESULTS...

Round Winners... Nightwind and Chuck

Rejects...Jordana and McCauley

Bonus holos will be done soon, and the next round will commence later.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.