Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fresh Faces Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Fresh Faces Discussion Thread
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Great idea, Sketchy!! I recognized a bunch of those holo scenes, too. [Big Grin] Brilliant.

Winners: Chu & McCauley
Losers: Supergirl & Brek

Supergirl's pose was just a bit... dull to me. For some reason, she just didn't come off iconic. I know Kara can do better, though. Personally, I do hope she makes it through, so we can see her in those hot shorts!

Brek just didn't look... right. I can't quite put my finger on it but there was something there that felt... forced. It's a shame 'cause I love his hat!

On the other side, Chu really surprised me. But something about her being evil and in Tyroc's costume... I dunno. She was just.. sexy! It was strange. (I half expected the Emerald Empress to fall for her.)

McCauley is another one I wouldn't have expected to like. But there was something so blissfully arrogant about him that really struck me. Plus, the background with Starry Night was... inspired. He would be greedy like that, to own an ancient work instead of sharing it. Just spot on and absolutely fabulous.

Comments about the other competitors:
-- Ayla didn't do it for me but I liked her spunk. Hopefully the next challenge will highlight her assets more.
-- I love Jordana and hope to see more of her for sure. I think part of the reason her holo wasn't my favorite (it was a close second!) was because I couldn't see her distinctive hairstyle entirely. I just love her hair. However, the color contrast was brilliant and she looked positively radiant. Great job there.
-- Nightwind was just sort of "eh" for me. No real strong feelings either way. She's sexy but it's just kind of... there. I'd love to see more expression from her, y'know? Like Tyra says, you have to connect with the camera!
-- Chuck's was a little much for my tastes, though I absolutely adored the Empress' response to him. I really cracked up.
-- Dvron was inspired. Definitely a runner-up to McCauley. I loved the dynamic coloring and his expression and the devil horns... just wonderful! Really, really great.
-- Kantuu didn't do it for me, either. I can't quite explain why but it was just sort of there. I was unimpressed with his performance.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
AYLA: The retro space uniform is a good fit for her-- in fact, she'd look great with this style costume all the time. Her hair-do fits in perfectly. The stars on the gloves make her look like a bit of a Colossal Boy groupie-- or a good friend of his.

LELAND: Nice job on that lamp and the Van Gogh painting. I like the concept of the contrast between treasures and casual attire. Too bad Leland's so generally skeevy. Jeans and a crisp white T-shirt and long hair are sexy as all get out-- but when you're such a total jerk, the attire and hair become unsettling. Maybe it's the sunglasses. Was he going for drug dealer chic?

JORDANA : Picking her posed more of a challenge than I first would've thought. Since she debuted in the animated version of the comic, she's a much younger looking character than she'd be if she were introduced in the mainstream LSH comic.

BREK: Not hitting it for me. Not sure why-- I like the minimal blue/black color scheme... the blue suits Brek. Good expression, nice torso. Maybe it's the eyebrows?

NIGHTWIND: My favorite gal. I think the space-helmet and her face and hair within it are beautifully done. The costume isn't what we'd expect from her. Maybe that's the 'artificiality' that Hate-Face is going on about. I like the purple for the space background.

DVRON: Hmmm. What's he doing with his hands? I wouldn't have recognized him without him being ID'ed.

SUPERGIRL: Fresh face indeed. Innocence evident. (Or faked very well).

CHUCK: Oh my dear lord-- I did not expect *this*! Give the man the contest.

CHU: Ick. There should've been a snake crawling around somewhere. At least Jan wasn't tied up on a table somewhere. Is Tyroc the new Starfinger?

KANTUU: Close second to Chuck (but not *too* close...) You did a good job on his chest and the glow under his eyes gives him lots of expression. The image of him buddying up with the nebula is a great one.

The judges are such a great show unto themselves. You know what might be fun? If you did a future 'blind' competition... supplying judges drama, comedy and comments without naming names and we voted on who we think they're describing...

Empress in love with Kantuu?! Tee-hee! The Supergirl 'rapture'? Gotta be preboot, but cute.

Winners: CHUCK and NIGHTWIND
Losers: LELAND and CHU

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners: KANTUU - very bold and striking! and CHU - bold and a little creepy! It takes quite an attitude for an older woman to wear Tyroc's disco costume.

Losers: BREK and AYLA. They look sweet and wholesome and I guess I'm just not in a sweet and wholesome mood this morning.

It was a tough decision between Kantuu, McCauley (so unexpectedly casual!) and Dvron (hot!).

I'm amazed that Lester can calculate interest on his gazillions in his head. Maybe he's a mathematical genius?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll start with the girls, as this is an easier choice for me...

Winner: NIGHTWIND. Fab, just fab. She's fierce, she pops!

I liked SUPERGIRL too (I have this chicks-flying-through-space thing right now).

CHU doesn't do it for me (can't get past her villainy, I suppose) though I loved the connection to another former Earth President, Troy Stewart AKA Tyroc.

JORDANA deserves a pass through to next round.

AYLA was too "eh".

Loser: AYLA gets the nod barely over Chu.

In general, I liked the guys' holos a bit more more so this is a bit harder...

Winner: KANTUU. All he needs is a space-manicure and I'd be fighting the Empress for him. LOVE the addition of the Gorilla Nebula.

CHUCK's looking good!

BREK deserves a pass through.

McCAULEY's background made the picture for me. Well done!

Loser: DVRON looks very sexy yet I can't reconcile this with my Baptist roots! Out with Old Scratch!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I had a tie with my choices for winning pictures. I like Dvron and Brek and I liked Chu and Jordana. I'm going to go for Dvron (the little devil) and Jordana. I like the combo of the red hair and green mask. I did like Chu using Tyroc's costume.

Chuck looked a little awkward. more by the stubble than the feathers, I think.

But McCauley was the worse. Trying to impress us with his Van Gogh and Tiffany lamp (Nice touch Dean) I am split between Nightwind and Supergirl. I pick Nightwind as loser.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Loved the judges comments. Sarya: He's handsome enough. Maybe a bit skinny. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

It's difficult to choose just two. Too difficult. Sigh...

From the girls I liked Jordana and Nightwind the most. Jordana is a new and very interesting face and Nightwind is gorgeous and exotic and sexy!
Winner: Jordana.
Not winner: Ayla.

It's more difficult with the boys. I know who I'll vote for "not winner" (don't like the word loser) but choosing among Brek, Chuck, Kantuu and Dvron? Hmmm.

Brek is shiny and sleek and very handsome.
Chuck is very sexy and masculine and powerful-looking.
Dvron shows a side of him, the devilish one, I never thought he had.
And Kantuu's scene is just wonderful.

OK. Winner: Chuck
not winner: McCauley

(If I could pick a second one, it'd either be Dvron or Brek. Probably Dvron).

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Heh! Thanks for the votes, everyone. I'll post an update soon.

Yeah, Dain, I'm all jaded. I blame the Legion with the way they "REJECT" sentients. I believe in using terms like "most favorite" and "least favorite" but I suppose we're putting these Fresh Faces through the paces by saying winner and loser.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Okay, current standings...

Winners so far---

m: Kantuu and Chuck
f: Chu, Jordana and Nightwind

Losers so far:
m: McCauley
f: Ayla

Polls remain open....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners: McCauley and Ayla

Losers: Brek and Jordana

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Commentary later, votes now.

Winners: Chu and Kantuu

Least Favorite: Supergirl and Brek

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Commentary later, votes now.

Winners: Chu and Kantuu

Least Favorite: Supergirl and Brek

Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:

Yeah, Dain, I'm all jaded. I blame the Legion with the way they "REJECT" sentients. I believe in using terms like "most favorite" and "least favorite" but I suppose we're putting these Fresh Faces through the paces by saying winner and loser.

Oh, I know. I've used the word "loser" or "reject" a few times myself. [Razz]
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you. Votes are counted and polls are still open.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Maybe you're thinking to yourself, "But Sketch Lad, what about all those obscure characters I took my valuable timing scoping out for this thing?" Well, I have an answer! I will be organizing an ALL OBSCURE CHARCTERS Holo Model competition. You know how LW tends to make stars of the obscure....

Thank space! 'Cause I'm re-reading the Bierbaum's run of LEGIONNAIRES (1 & 2 done so far) and am already getting mucho ideas...

Mega... X-Bomb Betty... Cera Kesh... The "Hand" gangmember with the blonde soul-patch (let's call him "Lefty")... Plaid Lad....

poor Sketchy!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Comments in order of preference:

1. Chuck. What a surprise! Chuck has never been a favourite of mine, but I think his bold choice of attire works for him. Like the stubby face.

2. McCauley. LOVE the background, this is exactly where he should be. And he looks surprisingly good in plain clothes. Loose hair also works for him.

3. Devlin. I wouldn't have recognized him if his name hadn't been mentioned, but it doesn't matter, the picture is wonderful.

4. Kantuu. Love those fiery eyes. A very good setting for him.

5. Nightwind. Like that haughty pose. But in this round I much, much prefered the men.

6. Chu. Lovely as well, I like the dark mood of the scene. She's really pulling this off...

7. Jordana. Meh. I guess I'd like to see more of her.

8. Ayla. Nah, her retro-attire is not doing it for me. It just looks boring. She can do SO much better!

9. Brek. The proportions are all wrong, the chest is too big, the head too small. Too bad, because I'd really like to see more of this contestant.

10. Supergirl. Too bad she's my loser this round, I'd like to see her in subsequent challenges. But she just looks frozen in flight.

Excellent choice on the type of competition (i.e. putting them in situations from previous contests). I think you should use this device again.

I much, much liked the men this time around, so I'm afraid of the consequences that this vote are going to have. Anyway, here are my votes:

Best: Chuck and Nightwind
Worst: Polar Boy and Supergirl

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.