Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Neo Holo Models Discussion Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Neo Holo Models Discussion Thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Mon and Shvaughn stood out as my favorites.

Stone Boy and Dawn, while very nice and all.... didn't.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
A little rhymey inspiration...

Mon and Shvaughn
Stone Boy and Dawn
did battle on the runway

We knew it was on
Two more would be gone
We were all having fun anyway!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry about my earlier typo! Current update:

Round winners:
Dawn 3 votes
Shvaughn 3 votes
Mystelor 1 vote
Cal 0 votes

Benn 4 votes
Mon 3 votes
Stone Boy 0
KQ 0

Rejects:
Dawn 3 votes
Shvaughn 2 votes
Mystelor 1 vote
Cal 1 vote

KQ 3 votes
Stone Boy 2 votes
Mon 2 votes
Benn 0 votes

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm picking up the pace on this competition...

POLLS CLOSED! Thank you to all the participants and apologies to those who missed the voting window. I need to move on in order to have a peaceful RL schedule. I need to break a few ties...

RESULTS....

Round winners: Dawn Allen and Benn Pares!

Rejected from the competition: Shvaughn Erin and Kid Quantum!

The next round is now in production.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Mind you, I'm pulling for Dawn this round, but didn't she not only win but lose?

I like the idea that the winner can't lose too (although Chu got the space-shaft for doing both a few rounds ago) because sentients feel strongly, one way or another, about the holo....

Sketch Lad
Advisor

You got it! I've decided that if a contestant wins a round, they cannot be rejected in that round, anymore. We can call it the Chu Clause! heh...

I try not to be the tie-breaker very often. I prefer the group generated majorities, but I really do need to push this contest through!

ho ho ho!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, Doctor One probably won't care for this round... duo tones! Also, somehow, way back, Lash mentioned something about the white tank tops. How'd he know? It was weird!

So, which male and female win this round?
Which male and female are rejected from the whole thang?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
WINNERS.

Cal. I appreciate the naturalness of her expression and pose. (Can't say I'm blown away, but this is a nice entry.)

Stone Boy. Ditto, to some degree, but to be honest, this win can chalk a lot up to default.

TANKS, BYE.

Mystelor.

I didn't like either of the other two guys. Lar, ya look space-weird! Benn, get a shirt and a space-shave! Benn.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Winners:

Mystelor

um... Stone Boy (tough choice)

Losers:

Benn Pares

um... really tough choice, but I'll have to go with Dawn.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners:
Dawn Allen-- I just love the waz she looks with her hair brushed to the side. Like she was running before she sat down. [Wink] And I love the color you chose for her. It really worked.
Stone Boy-- Great expression! I'm glad he broke the stony facade.

Losers:
Mon-El-- I really hate his hair. Like, whoa.
Mystelor-- The frizzy hair just isn't doing it for me. A bit too bohemian without enough expression.

Middlin':
Calorie Queen-- Actually, I really love this one. It was really hard for me to pick between her and Dawn.
Ben Pares-- I don't really like it, but I like it more than Mon-El.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Winners:
Mystelor - gypsy woman!
Benn Pares - a little hairy, but he doesn't care what we think.

Losers:
Stone Boy - looks like he's been up to something he's guilty about.
Dawn Allen - very tough choice, Cal looks more serene so she edged out Dawn.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Mystelor and Mon-El.

Bye-bye: Stone Boy and Dawn Allen.

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Favorites: Calorie Queen (though I'm now wondering if that blue mask/makeup/tattoo has been hiding some sort of weird birthmark or skin condition) and Stone Boy.

Least Favorite: Mystelor (a little too Anita from West Side Story "a boy like that-- who killed your brother...a boy like that-- choose another... stick to your own kind...") and Mon-el. He just didn't look like himself.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

It's still early and close, but currently, Mystelor has the most votes for female winner, and she ties with Dawn for female reject. By evoking the Chu Clause, she'd win the round and Dawn would be rejected, but as I said... it's early.

Stone Boy is currently a strong leader for the male winner. There's a 3 way tie for reject, but evoking the Chu Clause makes it a tie between Mon and Benn for reject.

It's so interesting now that we have round winners as well as rejects! As the artist, I'm confused, but I intend on continuing to to things the way I do them.

And just to clarify, I really only like to break ties when I gotta move on. I normally like to wait for group consensus.

So, the polls are still open. Things can (and usually do) change a lot!

Have fun!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Well, Doctor One probably won't care for this round... duo tones!

You're wrong! This was a great round!

Favourites: Cal and Stone Boy
For elimination: Dawn and Mon (and I really HATE to vote against them)

1. Cal. Lovely pose, looks very serene. Say, is she gaining a little weight around her hips? Probably all that eating...

2. Mystelor. Beautiful holo. I like that frizzy hair on her.

2. Stone Boy: A bit mischevious, but looking good

3. Benn Pares: A lot of hair. Looks good on him...

4. Dawn: Although I do like her picture, I can't imagine a situation in which she would get her hair up in a pile like that. It just looks weird.

5. Mon. He has been my favourite in this competition this far, and I really hate to be the one casting the deciding vote (as of now, hopefully someone will save him). But this is the only drawing in this round that I didn't like. The anatomy looks wrong.

Great round, Dean!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.