Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts : Alternative Body Types/Dance (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts : Alternative Body Types/Dance
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This one's from the MoLA Disco exhibit...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

For more dancing fun, there's the entire thread -
Quislet's Dance Party

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
First off those pics are amazing. Who knew Gym'll could bust a move?

Ahem. Now I offer you one Legion Music Video based on the song Feel Like Makin Love, and it has a part for all you Mon lovers of him in a thong... and JUST a thong. If I may be bold to ask for a Grunge LL pic messer Sketch Lad. I realize I don't have it in me to hold something for ransom. I don't blackmail. I simply manipulate.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5022608/1/Legion_Music_Video_Feel_Like_Makin_Love

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyblue
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyblue   Author's Homepage   Email Boyblue         Edit/Delete Post     
That's all really great artwork, Sketch Lad! I like especially those Disco-pictures!!
Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
BEFORE!!!

Before he learned how harsh life was!

Before he was wrongly prosecuted for time-traveling to fix ancient earth baseball games!

Before his parents said "When are you gonna DO something with your life?" one too many times!

He was known as... BEACH BLANKET NARDO!

-

(and yes, the tri-nips and tri-bellybuttons are pure pure speculation. The tri-eyes, however, are canon!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Three niples and three belly button! [LOL]

And Dean, LOVING those pics!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

It's mid-month! Time to switch our theme over to the exploration of different body types for Legion characters. Who do you imagine being short and stocky? Who is extra muscular? Who is taller and thinner than normal? Post it here!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
A super-slender, fey and ethereal White Witch would work well, I think. Aeon Flux-level thin, as her metabolism has become fueled more by magic than by traditional food and drink.

Making Shrinking Violet actually short and stocky, almost like the Alpha Flight member Puck, could be amusing.

Projectra with just a dash of Snakejectra would be neat, combining her classic humanoid appearance with delicate scales patterned in red and gold, and replacing her hair with a 'headdress' of feathery reptilian frills like the brightly colored (and deadly) spines of a lionfish. Perhaps this version of Jeckie delivers a hallucinogenic toxin via her touch?

An ultra-buff Ultra Boy, with Jed Rikane-esque guns, would be neat.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try, Set...

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Can he move!?
[LOL]

He looks more like Bouncing Boy!
[LOL]

He's sooooooo cute, Michael!
Sort of like he BECAME the whale!
[Hug]
[LOL]

He's almost as adorable as Nardo Toddler!
I would have had so much fun raspberrying Nardo Infant!
[Tizzles]

Ahhhhh, thanks MLLASH, these are so good!

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, well I mentioned these ideas in the Discussion Thread.

*Colossal Boy being much more shorter when he's not using his powers, his height almost boarding on midget proportions?
*Garth being a bit husky, what with the stereotypes they have of farm boys. He'd basically look like Cornfed from Adam Warren's Livewires miniseries from Marvel.
*Jeckie being a bit rounder, considering she's a princess and used to being spoiled. Voluptuous.
*Nura looking thinner than she does, since her power basically means she has to sleep most of the time.
*Lyle and Thom looking more like geeks, with 3B Thom looking like Urkel, or just having the glasses.
*Brin having a more wolf life appearance, like an extended jaw and a dog nose.
*What if Cham looked like an ACTUAL chameleon? With big bulging eyes that look around the room all the time.
*Chuck actually looking like a ball with arms, legs, and a head. Not just when he's inflated but ALL the time. He'd look like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
*Brainy, while not looking like a geek, is thin and lanky, considering he has to work in a lab. And he should be pale.
*Dirk should be perpetually tanned since he has radiant powers. Or having to deal with liverspots or skin cancer because of it.
*Spider Girl should have more traits like a spider rather than just her hair. Like a seductive glane and long, manicured fingers.
*Tenzil should have REALLY big teeth since he can bite through anything. I mean, his symbol IS a tooth.
*What if Imra had like a big head, because she's an alien telepath. With veins that throb and she makes that humming sound when she uses her powers, like in those drive-in sci-fi movies in the fifties and sixties. Or maybe a mark on her throat because she can't speak.
*Phantom Girl looking LIKE a phantom. Hollow eyes and sunken cheeks. Pale skin. Or maybe she'd just look like Wednesday Addams or Morticia.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful disco dances! Mon in a thong... probably too hot for visuals.... and Beach Blanket Nardo: I wept, to think we could have had Nardo instead of Superboy Prime in Lo3W, and his redemption would involve restoring his Beach Blanket personality.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
(snip)

Sarky:

quote:
*What if Cham looked like an ACTUAL chameleon?...

I think the cartoon version's eyes are an obvious nod in this direction, even if they're still front-set; so the association could be as much feline as reptilian.

I'm still trying to decide if the ridge marks at the character's midsection are just the costume or actual ridges in the form. I'm leaning towards the latter.

[Confused]

I have no life.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Wait, if you have no life, yet you are alive, then...

OH MY GOD THE ANTI-LIFE EQUATION!!! SHUT DOWN THE INTERNET! NOW!

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Step away from the refined sugar, Kid. Jeez. It's just comics (or animation).

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.