Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Starsearchers (and Legion crossover) fan art - (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Starsearchers (and Legion crossover) fan art -
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm glad you like it, guys.

In Starsearchers you had them be friends.
I wanted to show how long ago in their lives that the friendships started, especially since they were all still young when your story of their deaths and recruitment happened.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Original photo used for the Mharva piece below:
 -
CW

[ May 16, 2011, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This one is ready before the Mharva transformation work, so I can't wait.
sigh

-
Origninal photo is from a fashion shoot, the model is Carmen Dell'Orefice, a or 'THE' Megamodel at 76.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
love!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
It amuses me to no end, Candlelight, how you are able to make such excellent and fitting 31st century character portraits by using 21st century fashion shoots, often with hardly any manipping.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm pretty sure if there was ever any Starsearchers fan art done by Suncat, I'd lose my mind! (subtle hint?)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
I need to read it first. I am so behind in my reading.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Sometimes, when I use something like Ink Stamp, which I seem to love recently, the process works quickly and doesn't need much else, sometimes it does.
For Starlette, I used the afore mentioned Ink Stamp, then, since the process changed her gloves from black to white, which was great, but I had to fill in finger line and finish areas were the lines didn't connect.
The harshness of the inking, meant I had to go into the face and neckline and get rid of some of the cheekbone lines, fill out the mouth while making it slightly smaller, working on her chin/neck and lightening her eyes and underbrows.
The background needed a slight amount of work on oneside and after putting her through the poster process, twice, I floffed her hair out of the originial photo borders.
And ta-da.

But, you're right on some of them, that's for sure.
Rain Forest required nothing but erasing some type in the photo and posterizing.
Catspaw got some pupil extensions and fangs but that's all.
Kestrel had writing and flames to fill.

It's amazing what's possible on tinypics and paint.

Mharva is pretty involved though.
I'm on my second try with her, extending her wings, removing the hands and closing her limbs.
Then, I'll do a little coloring, I think.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a scanner soon.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Suncat
Field Researcher

I wasn't denigrating the work you put in, truly. And appreciate your process notes. I was simply commenting on the ... oddity ... of some high fashion images.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks!
Some images ARE incredibly odd.
The McQueen and Chinese shows are really amazing!

The Tom and Lorenzo Fashion site has dozens of shows from all over the world, and fashion shoots, too.
They're a huge source of incredible images, as is ANTM.

The internet is so fun!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Finished!
I hope ya'll like it.
I tried coloring and found it didn't really add to the image, so I took the drawing back to black and white.
(I'll post the original photo in the 'work in progress' slot above for reference if you care to compare. [Smile] )
 -
original photo of Ann Ward, ANTM winner, cycle 15
Edit: Last Wed. of June - I've updated the image, removing a few glitches that happened when I saved in paint and I tweeked the wings some, too.

[ June 29, 2011, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
VERY cool!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Something I never ever thought I would see in a million years... my characters in custom-made action figure form!!

Based of course on the designs of the brilliant Dean Lee, these action figures were custom-made by Dean's son (and Starsearchers design consultant) Jake Lee!

JOHNNY COMET

Click for fullsize image

DR. BATTLE

Click for fullsize image

OVERTHINK

Click for fullsize image

OVERTHINK (closeup)

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Wow!
Those are AMAZING!
How wonderful!
Give him a [Hug] !

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are totally awesome. Talent totally runs in your family!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.