Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMBP: Revealing Shades (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LMBP: Revealing Shades
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Chapter Fifteen: The Cocoon

-

The Legionnaires stare at the cocoon, but Loser Lad quickly puts his eyes on Morgause. He remembers how she used him, how she placed a demon within him. Cobalt Kid’s head turns from the cocoon to High Priestess Viviane, she stands before him as he remembers her, tall and regal, more graceful than beautiful.

Abin Quank: What is this thing? It’s magic in nature, but besides that my ring can’t make sense of it.

Morgaine: We are not sure.

Igraine: We can feel the Mother Goddess inside of it.

Loser Lad looks at Morgause intensely.

Loser Lad: And what are you planning to do to her?

Morgause: What are you insinuating?

High Priestess Viviane: Bill. Please. Morgause is here because she too has a connection with the Goddess. At times it has been to the Goddess’ dark side, but it is a connection.

Morgause: One that I mean to protect.

Morgaine: We can feel her dying. Darkness seems to be suffocating her.

Lard Lad: Then let’s get her out if this thing.

Igraine: We can’t. This shell may be her defense against the evil that is attacking her.

Morgause: We can’t be sure if destroying it would cause more danger to her.

Cobalt Kid: Viv?

High Priestess Viviane: Yes?

Cobalt Kid: There is this woman that---is it really you?

High Priestess Viviane: Yes, Desmond. It’s really me.

Cobalt Kid: Where have you been?

High Priestess Viviane: I couldn’t stay. A darkness was taking over me. I could feel it. It was strong, too strong for me to handle. I was scared.

Cobalt Kid: You defeated the dark with our help before.

High Priestess Viviane: It was something more this time, it was…

Cobalt Kid: What, Viv?

Voice: Me.

Kent Shakespeare: No.

Spellbinder: How is she---

The shadows that fill the grotto have lifted while the Legionnaires have been talking. They have taken form. The form of a beautiful woman, with pale skin, red lips and hair as black as night. She is covered in a tight black dress that shows off all of her curves. Cobalt Kid looks at her, than looks back at High Priestess Viviane to make sure she’s still there.

Cobalt Kid: Dark Priestess.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Nice to see that you still remember me.

Spellbinder: You’re the reason Legion World is under siege!

Dark Priestess: Oh, caught on did we? Well, I thought you all might be missing my little War Planet.

High Priestess Viviane: What do you want?

Dark Priestess Viviane: Have a backbone now, do we? Not going to run, not as long as your little friends are here to help you?

High Priestess Viviane: My faith in the Goddess gives me all the courage I need.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Oh yes, speaking of which…

She looks at the cocoon.

Dark Priestess Viviane: I’m going to need you all to get away from that.

Morgaine, Morgause, Igraine, Spellbinder and Loser Lad surround the cocoon.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Have it your way.

Dark Priestess Viviane snaps her fingers and darkness takes over the grotto.

Notes:

- Click for fullsize image

Dark Priestess Viviane-HPV was getting married to Cobalt Kid and she turned evil.

Of course, this idea was brought on by my fandom with Anjelica Huston. I was using her as an avatar and I was watching "The Addams Family" movie and thought how that dark look would go over well as an evil version of Viv, hence DPV.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Chapter Sixteen: Spiral

The grotto is filled with darkness, nothing can be seen, but all can be heard. The sounds of pain and agony as the current inhabitants of the grotto experience the intense pain brought on by Dark Priestess Viviane’s attack. Then, four lights shine through the darkness, High Priestess Viviane, Igraine, Morgaine and Morgause unite their power and push away the dark attack of their enemy.

Dark Priestess Viviane: I see we are going to make this mildly entertaining.

High Priestess Viviane: I will not let you destroy all that we hold dear.

Dark Priestess Viviane: You speak as if you have choice.

Kent Shakespeare: I don’t understand, don’t you both gain you power from the Goddess, why would you destroy her?

Dark Priestess Viviane: When we were one we shared a power source, but now I see the power that the dark has to offer. No longer am I a slave to what lies in that cocoon!

Dev Em: Then just leave, be free of it.

Dark Priestess Viviane: AHAHAHAHA!! Idiot!

A violet and black blast of magic hits Dev Em, his eyes and mouth leak shadow as he falls to the ground in agony.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Do you honestly think these devotees would let me live? No, the only way to gain my freedom is to be done with that thing once and for all.

Morgaine: NO!!! We will not let you harm her.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Niece, sister…remember when you two joined my ranks, let’s recreate those family moments.

Dark Priestess Viviane brings her hands to her face, as she does so, Igraine and Morgaine scream as shadows are ripped from their bodies. The shadows glide to Dark Priestess Viviane, taking on the forms of the evil versions of Igraine and Morgaine, while the real ones are lying on the ground, unconscious from the pain, Morgause rushes to their sides.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Youngest sister, come. Know the freedom that I have to offer.

Morgause: You can’t pull the darkness from me, I have always embraced it.

High Priestess Viviane: You offer nothing but death.

Dark Priestess Viviane: Yes, and as I grow more and more powerful, you seem to be waning.

High Priestess Viviane looks to her former Legionnaires, her eyes lower.

High Priestess Viviane: She’s right.

She then shines a blue light from her hand over Dev Em, the shadows release him.

High Priestess Viviane: But that changes nothing, we fight!

Morgause: All of us!

Cobalt Kid: We’re the Legion!

Dark Priestess Viviane: Quaint.

Dark Priestess Viviane and her shadow copies engage in free for all battle with the Legionnaires. Spellbinder and Loser Lad stay behind to guard the cocoon. The Legion try their best, but the dark powers of their enemies is too strong, the combined magic of Morgause and High Priestess Viviane can not help undo the power that Dark Priestess Viviane seems to be wielding. By the cocoon, the light grows dimmer, the darkness begins to envelope the cocoon. Dark Priestess Viviane laughs maniacally.

Loser Lad: We’re losing.

Spellbinder: They’re so strong.

Loser Lad: The cocoon, it’s losing its’ light.

Spellbinder puts her hand on the cocoon, her eyes glow and her hair stands on end, she releases her touch, returning to normal.

Loser Lad: Princess!

Spellbinder: It’s dying.

Loser Lad: No, NO! We can’t let that happen!

Spellbinder: It’s so sad and scared. Bill, it wants out!

Loser Lad: What’d we do?

Spellbinder: I do nothing. This is why you’re here. Free it, Bill.

Loser Lad: How?

Spellbinder: With magic, with what Viviane taught you, with what Opal showed you.

Loser Lad puts his hand on the cocoon, his hand glows purple. The cocoon becomes erratic, it begins to shake and jolt, the light inside begins to glow brighter and the shadows swirl around it. Dark Priestess Viviane’s face drops.

Dark Priestess Viviane: No! Not like this!!! NOOOOO!!!!

She attacks Loser Lad with a destructive blast of magic, but a mystic shield stops it from hitting him. He looks and sees that Igraine and Morgaine are using what little energy they have left to protect him.

Igraine: Please, hurry.

Morgaine: We will try to hold her off.

High Priestess Viviane and Morgause try to attack Dark Priestess Viviane, but her powers are too strong, the shield is again pounded with dark power. Loser Lad places his other hand on the cocoon, he closes his eyes and releases a bright purple glow.

Then cocoon cracks open, Dark Priestess Viviane screams in utter agony. A swirl of darkness and light forms over the cocoon throwing Spellbinder and Loser Lad away from it. Light and darkness poor into the grotto from the outside and add to the twister. High Priestess Viviane and her family’s bodies begin to get pulled into the vortex, all four becoming part of the light. The screaming Dark Priestess Viviane has fallen to her knees and has punctured the ground with her hands holding on as her body begins to be pulled into the darkness.

Dark Priestess Viviane: NOOO!!!! NOT YET, I’M NOT READY!!!!!

She is swept up into the dark. The vortex of light and dark grows larger and larger as more and more is added to it from the outside, the Legionnaires can do nothing as their enemies and allies are swept up.

The energy finally stops coming in, by now, the vortex has blasted a hole into the roof of the grotto. The darkness swirls upward into the hole and leaves the grotto, while the light flows down into the cocoon. When the vortex is gone, light from the sky shines down from the opening on to the cocoon.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Chapter Seventeen: Shades Revealed

The cocoon was glowing brightly from the light that has rushed into it. From out of the passage, the mystic five women enter the grotto. The Legionnaires look back to them. Power Boy approaches Viviane.

Power Boy: You’re here? But you were there, and then another you was there…

Viviane: Stop babbling, boy. What has happened?

Magi Lune: We came in and tried to find you the moment the darkness was gone?

Fin Raziel: I hope that means you won, yes?

Sketch Lad: To be honest, we’re not sure what happened.

Shark Lad: We where fighting this evil, young version of you and then---

Dev Em: Lou! Loser Lad touched the cocoon.

Titania: Cocoon, that thing?

She points to the cocoon as its’ bright light begins to dim. They all slowly make their way to the cocoon, but as they get closer, Leota’s face shows intense distress.

Leota: No!

She runs past the others and to the other side of the cocoon so she is behind it, she sticks her hand in the cocoon.

Leota: Now I know why.

She looks to Viviane and the other mystic women.

Leota: She’s one of ours.

Inside the cocoon is what is left of the body of a human woman, she is withered and drained of almost all her life.

Fin Raziel: Theresa.

Loser Lad: You know the Mother Goddess.

Viviane: It is not the Goddess, this girl was one of our pupils.

Lard Lad: Why is she in that thing?

Leota: WHO CARES!? SHE’S DYING!!!

The next few moments are silent, Abin Quank create a gurney with his ring which Spellbinder telekinetically places the body of Theresa on. Viviane and Raziel quickly tend to her, doing what they can with magic. Dedman opens a portal, they enter, with Kent the last to enter, carrying the cocoon.

Notes:

Not really a note, I just wanted to post a micro of what Theresa would look like in the cocoon.

-

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Chapter Seventeen: Shades Revealed (Continued)

A few weeks later…

The Legionnaires are back in their headquarters, they are accompanied by the five women who have aided them during the latest crisis. The young woman is in stable condition at Medicus Two, though no Legionnaires have been allowed to see her by the request of Leota. After a few weeks to assess what has transpired, they are holding a meeting.

Lard Lad: All right, we need to discuss the status of Legion World.

Lash Lad: We’ve got power back on world wide.

Caliente: Construction crews are working around the clock to repair the structural damage.

Abin Quank: Casualties are high, Medicus is filled with injured citizens.

Spellbinder: The death toll worldwide is relatively small, I suppose.

Cobalt Kid: 1,027 isn’t small, Princess.

Spellbinder: I know…

Viviane: It could have been worse.

Lard Lad: We don’t even know what caused all of this.

Dev Em: All we do know is that it stopped when Loser Lad opened that cocoon.

Lard Lad: Kent, you’ve been analyzing the cocoon with the others, correct?

Kent Shakespeare: Yes, and all we can tell you is that the cocoon has been on our planet for about seven years. We can tell from the way that the moss had grown around it. Besides that, all science can tell is that some how this cocoon generated, absorbed and stored energy simultaneously. But luckily, we had others with us who found out a bit more.

Titania stood up, the four other mystic women sat behind her.

Titania: Through my years, I have become interested in mortal science, so I was quite fortunate that you allowed us in to study this cocoon beside you. As Mr. Shakespeare has said, science only took us so far, with my companions, we have been able to delve into this mystery with our magic.

The cocoon was indeed mystic in origin, but from where or from whom or from what, we do not know. It is an old form of death magic, we believe.

Spellbinder: Like as in necromancy?

Fin Raziel: No, I live in Tir Asleen, where keeps a great library of mystic studies, very few can compare to it. I have never seen anything like this even mentioned. None of us have.

Titania: I believe this is a very old form of magic. We have been able to decipher it’s purpose. The cocoon traps a victim inside, then it slowly collects that victim’s magic.

Magi Lune: In doing so, the cocoon grows in dark power. When the cocoon is done the darkness kills the victim, contains his or her magic and takes it back to whomever created the cocoon.

Viviane: That is only our best guess, of course.

Fin Raziel: An educated guess.

Cobalt Kid: That’s a very time consuming way to steal someone’s magic, isn‘t it?

Titania: Yes, whomever cast this spell, must have needed time before collecting. For what we can only surmise.

Lard Lad: So why the attack?

Viviane: Leota can answer that best.

Leota: It was Theresa.

Shark Lad: That girl?

Leota: Yes, she has been too weak to speak, but I have communicated with her spirit, though very slowly, that too is in poor condition. She was sleeping. Whoever put her in there, put a powerful sleeping charm on her, and a very dark one, it took me great effort to break it. I believe that the prolonged sleep caused her magic to lash out. She dreamed up people, some of whom she knew.

Viviane: Like myself.

Titania: The Banshee and the Weird Sisters both helped train her when she studied on Avalon.

Sketch Lad: All this time, we’ve only known some girl’s fantasies?

Spellbinder: And when she went evil, that was what, her nightmare?

Titania: No. We believe that after time, the cocoon was draining too much magic from her body for her to continue on as normal, so she started tapping into the darkness. Essentially, overtime, she would use her magic, the darkness or sometimes both, all unconsciously.

Cobalt Kid: She has the power to do all of this?

Viviane: She has potential, but no, the darkness amplified her gifts exponentially. How we are not completely sure.

Fin Raziel: Even so, she was not able to maintain it all with the power of the darkness. That is why the attacked halted with the Weird Sisters battled us, both could not be fully sustained.

Lash Lad: Again, why the attack?

Viviane: Death.

Leota: Her death was looming, she was trying to send a message for help. I received bits and fragments of it, which eventually led us here.

Spellbinder: And was in the minds of those that she had dreamt up.

Magi Lune: When she reached out for help, she allowed the darkness an even greater measure of freedom.

Leota: Which must have warped into some of her darkest dreams and sent on you.

Power Boy: Some girl’s dream did all this, killed all those people?!

The five women looked at each other.

Fin Raziel: We will leave you alone to discuss this, it is now a matter for your world.

The five women left, the conversation was becoming heated now that they Legionnaires knew that one woman had caused so much turmoil. The women left the LMBP’s headquarters, but stopped right outside.

Leota: We can’t leave her here, what if they decide to kill her? What if they blame her and have her executed?

Magi Lune: I don’t know if they are that harsh, perhaps as penitence they will imprison her.

Titania: That will be just as horrible for her, Theresa has always been a free spirit.

Leota: To go from years in that husk to a life in a cell, she would die, just as slow, but more aware of it.

Fin Raziel: Then we protect her, the best way that we can.

As the Legionnaires discuss what has been explained to them, a bright green light explodes from the ground outside. Spellbinder barely senses it, she reaches for Cobalt Kid as he is nearest to her and tries places a shield over them, both physical and psychic, but the energy sweeps over them, it sweeps over the entire team, the city, and soon the world.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Chapter Seventeen: Shades Revealed (Concluded)

Hours later, the five women walk into Medicus, which is no more busy than it would be from any other normal day. They walk right into a room that the entire staff seems to be ignoring, a room housing a woman named Theresa. Leota enables a spell so that they may all speak with their thoughts as Theresa, who is awake, but unable to use her vocal chords yet.
The women explain to her all that has happened to her for the last seven years.

Theresa: No…no, it can’t be, those couldn’t have been real, they were just dreams. I was just dreaming… Oh Goddess, all those people killed by Dark Viviane and that insane War Planet…how could it be real?

Leota: It’s not your fault, you didn’t know.

Theresa: I knew them! They weren’t dreams, they were all my friends, right? And I slaughtered them.

Titania: I know the guilt must be strong, child---

Theresa: What are they going to do to me? Now that they know I’m a murder! A mass murder!

Fin Raziel: Enough!

Magi Lune: You are speaking nonsense, those were but shades.

Viviane: You know very well that the darkest of arts are responsible here.

Fin Raziel: And the horrid excuse for life that tried to kill you by putting you in that cocoon, that is the one responsible.

Theresa: No, I felt their blood, I enjoyed it.

Leota: We all have a dark side. Dreams are suppose to be health place to let them out.

Theresa: I deserve any punishment they give me.

Fin Raziel: They won’t be giving you one.

Theresa: What do you mean?

Viviane: We’ve fixed what we could.

Theresa: What did you do?

Leota: What was best for you.

Titania: We cast a spell.

Fin Raziel: Every building is fixed.

Magi Lune: Every wound is healed.

Theresa: And the dead?

Viviane: They have been gone too long and there were too many.

Theresa: Then they will---

Leota: No. We fixed that, too.

Titania: We have blocked these past few events from their memories.

Fin Raziel: Even teleported Loser Lad back to where he came from so that his reappearance wouldn’t cause any suspicion.

Theresa: I don’t know what to say. I don’t know what to feel.

Magi Lune: We understand that this is a lot for you to take in, but what we did, it is for the best.

Theresa: You tampered with a world’s mind!

Leota: I knew you would be angry. So we are giving you this.

The five women point up and create a shining green light, which floats down and lands in Theresa’s hand.

Theresa: What is this?

Titania: The key to unblocking their memories, you can choose to use it whenever you wish.

Viviane: But when you do, they will remember all these past few weeks with clarity.

Fin Raziel: And a memory spell of this caliber may not be completely perfect, people may begin to recall aspects of what we blocked.

Theresa sat there, thinking, how she had hurt so many, and how disappointed her friends would be in her. Though they were only dreams, she found herself caring for them. She closed her fist and the spell went into her palm. Leota smiled, approving of Theresa not using it. Titania clapped her hands and the group disappeared in a flash of green light.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Epilogue:

Theresa remembers the last time she was on Legion World, she was frail and weak. A year later, she has regained her strength and vigor, and while it would be easy for her to stay away from Legion World, the life she has dreamt here was constantly calling her and she had to return. She was overwhelmed by her return here, she would call herself Tempest, as she didn’t want anyone to remember her real name. She knew which building to start looking for familiar faces, the Office of Security.

Dressed in an all black gown, cinched with a corset. Her cleavage exposed, with a large moonstone pendant resting just above her chest's curves. Her arms covered with fingerless long cocktails gloves, the dress has white accents at the edges. Her deepest dark blond hair is straightened sleek and down to enhance her long image. Tempest walks in the building know as the Security Office.

She walks around a bit...confused.)

Not at all what I thought it would be like…..

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.