Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » YGO Card Maker (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: YGO Card Maker
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't do demons, they're my enemies, but I can do angels for balance, if you like?
And if the site sends me my confirmation! [Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I made an ID card, simple first try I thought, but couldn't figure out how to save it so I could transfer it to here.
[Frown]
Guess I'll have to read some tutorials.
[Frown] [Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I right-click, go to Properties, and save the URLs of the cards I create onto a Notepad document. Nightcrawler has been saving the pictures to his computer, but that would be mute for me since I can't upload files to this site. You can create angel cards.

The second card is a fanfic character I came up with awhile back but never used. Maybe I'll fit him into LMB fun in some way. The previous tag-team thread died so maybe...

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

[ May 11, 2011, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Emily, I saw a note you left in the Shoutbox requesting my presence in this thread.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, because I remember sending the idea for Tartarus to you for a fanfiction. Somehow he came back into my head and there is now a card. What do you think?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have to check my old e-mails and get back to you later. Not too much later, I promise.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Thank you, Fanfic Lady. I think that site may be doing mantainance and that is why cards stopped showing all of a sudden.

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

[ May 13, 2011, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Emily, I just looked at the notes you sent me for Tartarus, and I think he'd be a great addition to the LMB. I especially love the origin that you came up with for him.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Okay.
First card made:
 -
I may have a few things out of wack, but I get the process, sort of.
I like it.
If I want to explain her powers or show what she can do, I make trap and spell cards, etc., right?

If I find art for your cards, angel ideas first of all, what size do I need to make them to fit the card space correctly?
Do you want me to post the pictures here and you use the ones you want for your cards?

--------------------

Come, join me!

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Yes, you could create different weapons and armor as Equip spell cards. I've made alot of Field spell cards, which effect the whole area. Spell cards typically help you/harm your opponent. Trap cards in general hurt your opponents and sometimes can hurt you in return. I would try to aim for medium size pictures. Huge images tend to get squashed or not show up, and I tried to use a small avatar image and that did not show up either. I try to get as close to the space alotted in the frame as possible. I've had tremendous luck with all the Dore images; he was an artist in the 1800s.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't have any idea what I was doing either, but it was fun.

-

uh ... this image is obviously from the LSH cartoon season 2. <i think> i altered it.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

That is pretty good! You might want to put serial numbers on your cards though, the site says an individual can't have unique cards with the same serial numbers.

Click for fullsize image

[ May 15, 2011, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Why are our cards showing up bigger than yours?

I used my avatar picture from here and it seems to fit pretty well, so is that the size?
It's pretty small, but I can find out the size on tinypic and resize everything else to that size; I can crop, too.

Do you use random serial numbers?
And what about set numbers?
Do you want a card for your set, like an angel card, with your set identity or do you just want the pictures?

I'll probably make a set for myself, too.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I am using thumb tabs. Are you using thumb tabs or image tabs?

Here is the image I used for Tartarus: http://images.wikia.com/ccs/images/2/24/Young_Syaoran_%3D3.jpg
So I think alot of it has to do with luck. Some pictures show up irregardless of size, others will not show up.

I have been using random serial numbers. I would appreciate you making a card for my set, and of course you can use some of mine.

[ May 15, 2011, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Alright everyone, this is a character that might join Tartarus in a story soon. I am not sure what origin to give him yet, there are so many possibilities.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.