Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB One(ish)Vision: Charting a Course

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LMB One(ish)Vision: Charting a Course
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
NOTE:

The following events happened 4200 years ago...
But they haven't happened yet...
Except for Shark Lad, for whom they happened five years ago...
Just go with it...

1204 BC

A small island off the coast of Asia Minor

Across the sand, the two small creatures chased each other about in delight.

The first bore down on the second at full speed, and then... mere moments before he could grasp him... the second suddenly transformed his shape into one slightly larger and more menacing. Affecting mock horror, the first turned tail and ran in the opposite direction, as now the second gave chase. This time, just as the second creature was at the point of capturing his comrade, the first shifted... and onward as the game continued.

Though the pair were royalty in their home dimension, it was these times that they truly relished - when the veil between worlds would soften enough for them to pierce through onto this plane, and they could actually enjoy themselves. In this world, everything seemed so bright... so new... so fun.

The pair continued on with their playful chase, unaware that just over the next dune, the men were approaching.

"... and that guy, Castor? He said he would totally hook me up with his sister after this is over."

At the sound of the approaching human voices, the two creatures suddenly froze. Shooting his companion a frightened look, the first nodded his head toward the tree-line. Pausing only to grab the crowns that they had removed to play, the pair darted toward the trees, each transforming their shape into that of a small shrubbery. As they took up their positions, two humans crested the horizon. The one with the strange hat spoke first.

"What?! No... you are not hooking up with Helen. You have no idea what kind of trouble that could cause the timeline. We're doing enough damage as it is just by being here."

"What are you talking about? This is ancient history... it's already happened... we're not changing anything!" He smiled brightly at his friend.

"No... you don't know that... this could be our past... or we could have caused an alternate timeline to split off the very moment we arrived. Remember what happened to Ex?"

"Good point. OK, fine... so we'll keep a low profile until we get to Colchis... then grab the Golden Fleece and get back to our own time."

"Yeah... If the Archduke of Time hasn't gotten there first. I only pray that the others were successful." The strange-hatted one sighed and looked at his companion grimly. "This is bad, man. The Archduke... Phineas B. Fuddle... this can't be coincidence. I have this sinking feeling that all of this is just a diversion. That they are just trying to take us off the board..."

"Off the board? While what?" his companion grinned, his teeth briefly glinting "While they wage a full-scale Time War or something?"

The strange hatted one laughed. "You're right... I'm sorry... it sounds ridiculous when you put it like that. Time travel just always makes me so paranoid."

"Don't worry... you're allowed. It's not everyday we have to get ready to fight a giant Cyclops."

The strange-hatted one blinked.

"Umm... you do know that the Argonauts weren't the ones who fought the Cyclops... right?"

"What? Yes they did. Jason tricked the Cyclops into thinking his name was 'No One', then when he blinded him, the Cyclops ran around saying, 'No One blinded me! 'No One blinded me!"

"Jillikers! OK... number one... it wasn't 'No One'... it was 'Nobody'... and... number two... that wasn't even Jason, it was Odysseus... during the Odyssey. That doesn't happen until after the Trojan War, like twenty years from now."

"Oh, yeah... you're right! It was Odysseus... I'm pretty sure it was No One, though."

"Nope... it was Nobody."

"COBALTUS! ESTERIUS!" a booming voice called over the hill.

"Herakles," the two said in unison, rolling their eyes.

"Ah, ha!" the lion-pelted man roared as he came into sight, "There are the two wayward Argonauts! Come... tarry no longer, my brothers... the Argo readies her sail! Your fin-ned comrade, Sharcladeus, has found passage through the straight! Colchis awaits!"

As the trio of men departed, the two small creatures relaxed... again assuming their true form. The first looked at the second and let out a small, slightly disturbing laugh... nearly a cackle. The second laughed in return and said tentatively, in a mocking voice, "I'm pretty sure... it was No One."

The first, sensing a new game, shifted his form to resemble a small version of the strange hatted one and said, "Nope... it was Nobody."

The second, delighted at the first's transformation, altered his own form to resemble a small version of the one with the bright smile and said, "No One!"

"Nobody!"

"No One!"

The two doubled over in laughter... and were still cackling away in their new game long after the men's ship had sailed away.

The End

(Thanks, Abin!)

[ November 21, 2012, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.