Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Now This is MY Teen Titans! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Now This is MY Teen Titans!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From All The Rage at Silver Bullet Comic Books:

quote:
Teen Talk

Turns out that JLA/Avengers won't be the George Perez superhero swan-song after all. Perez is currently re-teaming with Marv Wolfman on their unfinished 120-page graphic novel, The New Teen Titans: Games, started in 1989. Perez had finished nearly 80 pages of Games before over-commitment to new projects forced the artist to put it on the back burner. Expect an official announcement next year as we get closer to con season. To read a good summary of the whole saga go to: http://www.titanstower.com/source/libntt/games.html.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
From what I understand, the pages that were finished a decade ago will serve as flashback sequences, and the balance of the book will feature new story adn art from Marv and George.

I'm actually a little surprised that DC is doing this, considering all the brouhaha regarding the relaunch of Titans and Outsiders. Unless the new story is going to feature the current version of the Titans... which I hope is not the case.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i remember seeing these pages a couple of years back !!! they looked AMAZING !!!

i seem to remember NIGHTWING on his motorbike and scenes with TRIOA and JERICO !!!

and i also recall that ROB LEIFIED owned the pages to "GAMES" !!!???

i'd love to see this book ..... during that time on the TITANS, i prefered them over the LEGION [Embarrassed] !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my Lord!!!!! This is a dream come true!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kinda surprised they're doing this after their lame "We don't want to put out the Bob Haney Teen Titans Elseworld because we didn't want to flood the market with different versions of the team and confuse the buyers" or whatever combination of those concepts they used when trying to rationalise their decision to scrap that book...
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is a follow-up, courtesy of Vu's George Perez Website:

quote:
George Perez to do a Titans Project
Posted: 2003-11-16 17:23:34.0 by rusedski73

TITANS: GAMES GN (2004)

I spoke with George for about an hour at a signing in October, and he confirmed that the Titans project he will be working on is the completion of "GAMES".

From what I understood him to say, the material that is already completed will serve as a flashback sequence, and a framing sequence in the present day will be written around it.

He seemed extremely enthusiastic about it, and about working with Marv again on Titans, but that was just how I interpreted it, ha ha ha.

He said the finished book will be approx. 144 pages, and will be released next Christmas.

He thinks it's a good project to come out in 2004, the year of his 50th birthday and 30th year in comics.

Posted: 2003-11-16 17:31:26.0
Oh, Marv will be writing the additional pages of "GAMES".

George said he is glad to be using the old material, as it put him "about 75 pages ahead already" on his next project, ha ha

But he insisted it had to be as a flashback sequence, as he did not want to have to take the time "to draw late 80s fashions and styles", I believe is how he put it, in the rest of the book.

When I met George for the first time in 97, he had expressed then how he was "finished" with Wonder Woman, Titans, etcetera. I refreshed his memory of this when I saw him on Oct. 25, and he kind of smiled. Guess he changed his mind on both characters, as he also said he's working on new covers for four trade paperback collections of his first two years on WONDER WOMAN (the 24 issues he pencilled).

I guess each book will contain 6 issues a piece. He said it was a bit challenging to come up with some kind of "fresh" visual for the covers, since those stories were from so many years ago. But it will be interesting to see what the finished project looks like.....

Posted: 2003-11-16 20:03:28.0

One of the comments George made when I saw him was that, unfortunately, the plot of GAMES is terribly similar to JLA/AVENGERS, in that the heroes are being manipulated by higher forces.

Despite that, he said he is still glad to be finally finishing this project, just hopes readers will overlook the similarities in plot structure on these two "long-awaited" projects that are finally coming out back-to-back.

He kept emphasizing that the story is, literally, about GAMES......I believe the illustration he used is the Broadway musical CATS........the show was literally about CATS!!!!

I am looking forward to it, and I don't think George would have made all this up to throw us off the trail of his future projects.

George said he had a lot of prospects for work in the next few years. He said Brian Michael Bendis REALLY wants to do a project with him, and that Bendis asked "permission" of someone at Marvel if he could have George's number to call him........well, it went something like that, really quite humorous. George can certainly tell a story!!!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

For those who missed it, go to this link and scroll down the page to view some of the original unpublished pages. They were put together into an ashcan by a fan and had a printing of only 15 comics. I'd love to get my hands on one of those.
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Amentep:
I'm kinda surprised they're doing this after their lame "We don't want to put out the Bob Haney Teen Titans Elseworld because we didn't want to flood the market with different versions of the team and confuse the buyers" or whatever combination of those concepts they used when trying to rationalise their decision to scrap that book...

Well, if Bob Haney had draw JLAvengers, then DC would have been all over it. Seems to me that DC is just trying to capitalize on the success of JLAvengers.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
was there any indication when "Games" is set in the TITANS universe ???

i would say it must have been just before the "Titans Hunt" as Danny Chase is featured, isn't he ???

i hope we get to see TRIOA using some of her other TITANS of MYTH powers !!!

at the end of the "Who is WonderGirl" arc, Donna got a lot of new powers, but we never really got to see them !!!

that force field was only used a couple of times and the memory recall, only once !!!

and the light effect only a couple of times, also ....

i just felt they were a waste !!! as Donna was away during most of the "Titans Hunt" and then returned to be transformed into the GODDESS !!!

and then she gave up her powers !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
I just remember coming back to the book after a long hiatus because George was coming back. I enjoyed what he was doing, to a degree... but then they started talking about he was taking time off to do this big graphic novel project. And the next thing I knew, suddenly the novel was OFF, but because George & Marv were having irreconcilable differences!

In the meantime, they found this new guy, Tom Grummett, to "fill in"-- and before long I realized I was enjoying HIS art on TITANS more than I had EVER liked Perez'!!! The book was REALLY good for awhile there-- UNTIL Marv decided, perhaps in a fit after his falling-out with George, to do a painfully long story in which he'd KILL OFF as many characters as he could.

Gee- THAT was "fun" (he said sarcastically).

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Holy Cow!

JLA/Avengers, the Wonder Woman trade, and now this.

It's like George is calling in his markers to get all the dream projects handled....

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by profh0011:
In the meantime, they found this new guy, Tom Grummett, to "fill in"-- and before long I realized I was enjoying HIS art on TITANS more than I had EVER liked Perez'!!!

i loved TOM GRUMMETT on the TITANS also !!!

the issues around the destruction of TITANS TOWER were amazing !!!

Matthew.

Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra:
Well, if Bob Haney had draw JLAvengers, then DC would have been all over it. Seems to me that DC is just trying to capitalize on the success of JLAvengers.

That's probably the case, but I'm still happy/unhappy about this news...
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

This is happening and it will be the old team with Jericho and Danny! For December of 2004. For the full story and an interview with George and Marv, visit Newsarama.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Marv Wolfman has a reminiscence about Games at his site and Jen Contino has an interview with him at The Pulse.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.