Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans #27 -- ART ALTERNATIVE! ^_^ (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Teen Titans #27 -- ART ALTERNATIVE! ^_^
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
It's like this.

I love Gail Simone's dialogue/writing. Have done for a very long time.

Liefeld's drawings make my eyes bleed.

I figure I'm not alone. Thus -- I've undertaken a (rather involved for a) 'quick fix' comic alteration project. Me, the comic, some brushes, and...

Click for fullsize image

...black ink.

I've got ten pages done thus far, and will be scanning the lot of them when I'm finished. Right now, I'm just building hype for the most sarcastic Artistic Protest Statement Project in...um, a long time.

--------------------
---livejournal.com/~evilbeej/---
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i was waiting for this to start...

i giggled in dark sadness for all the titans fans when i saw liefield all over the cover at the comic store.

good thing (for me) i dont normally read the titans. hope the pain ends soon for you titans fans...it should liefields not the most consistant artist.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
good story,

as usual Liefeld as shown that he hasn't grown as an artist sense 1990. He still has no storytelling ability at all. All his panels as so bad. You can't tell what is supposed to be happening. Gail has come up with such a great premise for this new villian team she has come up with and Rob has done nothing to showcase it or improve it.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
When this was announced, I so wanted to give it a chance and see how RL had developed artistically since my experience with his stuff in New Mutants.

All I have to say is some things remain constant. And he still a moron too, from reading his postings on his web site.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Feh to you all! [Razz] I'm looking forward to Rob's 2 issues of Titans... they should be very amusing.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Feh to your feh! This is exactly the kind of art that will make me drop a title that is already pushing it. The story just isn't enough when the art is horrible.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Unlax, sit back and have a good laugh at it. [LOL]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unfortunately my wallet can't afford these type of laughs. [No]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

True. Comics-- and everything ELSE, for that matter-- are WAY too pricey to continue buying stuff you aren't really enjoying.

TTs has consistently been in my personal top 5 since its debut, though, so I doubt Rob's fill-in will change that, especially since I really *am* looking forward to it. It's gonna be a whacked-out, hyper-armed, ankleless crazy madhouse!

--------------------

Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gina DC   Author's Homepage   Email Gina DC         Edit/Delete Post     
...though, really, unlax is a good word.

I've finished through page twelve now, and am half done with page thirteen. All the pages will be made available, sans 'art', online and downloadable. Liefeld's only, IIRC, supposed to last the two issues.

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

From: Denville, New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Gail. Or poor TASTE Gail, if she CHOSE to work with Liefeld on this arc; ditto for Byrne drawing her Superman stuff.

Is she stuck in serious 80's-fangirl mode??? [Confused]

I was superSUPER disappointed when each of these runs were announced, because I knew that, as much as I love Gail's work on BoP and VU, I'd be skipping these. [Frown]

Doubly disappointing, these are the first two issues of the new TT book I've passed on.

I looked through a copy of 27 at the shop this weekend... and it did nothing but affirm my choice to skip it. [Razz] [Disgusting]

Why, Gail, why??? [No]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the "improvement". It's got that, I just got these using the freedom of information act look.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gina, is there any chance you can send these "fixed" pages to DC? Maybe you can send them with a list of names protesting Liefeld's so-called art.

And Tamper, you really never saw the recent X-Force and Shatterstar mini's that were in the stores? Maybe your eyes just naturally averted themselves.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gina DC
Metacontinuity Cop

Tamper: Hee, yeah, s'why I'm actually using paint and not just digitally blacking them all out.

Fe: If you want to rally -- or find someone else to rally -- the People and get them to send quick notes saying stuff like 'Please don't ever hire Liefeld again' and 'Liefeld's art makes my eyes bleed', and adorned with their John Hancocks, that would hold a lot more sway than a printed list from one person.

--------------------
Jo wants the beer.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I think Gina really improved what Linfield did. Good show girl!!

Yes, I am still harboring bad feelings about X-Force. How could you tell...?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.