Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gail Simone writes 2 parter for Titans
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
In that group pic above, is it me or does Hawk look like she's flying? Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Hawk can't fly. And Robin looks like he's leaping from... well... nothing. He's just kinda suspended in midair with no reason to be there. I think a Bat-line or something would have been a nice addition.

And if Raven is smuggling melons, than I sispect Hawk and Dove are hiding nuclear warheads...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
In that group pic above, is it me or does Hawk look like she's flying? Which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that Hawk can't fly. And Robin looks like he's leaping from... well... nothing. He's just kinda suspended in midair with no reason to be there. I think a Bat-line or something would have been a nice addition.

Well, given how there shouldn't be a new Hawk at all, given the conditions of H1 & D2's powerup...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Now, now, Reboot... we can't let a little thing like continuity stand in the way of storytelling [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
he heh... I'm actually kind-of looking forward to this in a twisted way... that picture of Raven above makes me giggle...

I kinda am too! This will be the first Liefield book I've bought since Youngblood #3!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Now, now, Reboot... we can't let a little thing like continuity stand in the way of storytelling [Wink]

So if the storytelling demands nuHawk fly, why let a little continuity piece like the fact that she shouldn't be able to bother you [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ahh come on Reboot, maybe a new set of Lords of Order and Chaos give them their powers. And the New Hawk Holly can't fly as seen in recent issues of the Titans.

Does anybody know what happend to the artist who drew the Hawk and Dove series Greg Guler? I think his name was?

[ April 28, 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: RTVU2 ]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
Ahh come on Reboot, maybe a new set of Lords of Order and Chaos give them there powers.

It's "their powers".

And Dove just ass-umed there was going to be a nu-Hawk when she left JSA just before I finally dropped it. Doesn't fly (pun intended).

quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
And the New Hawk Holly can't fly as seen in recent issues of the Titans.

Yeah, well I wouldn't read TT if you paid me, so I didn't know.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
What DC Comics do you read these days, 'Boot?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
What DC Comics do you read these days, 'Boot?

JLA Classified (until ICB/JL is over), and that's it.

--------------------

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
maybe it is a ying yang thing. You can't have one without the other. You have a Dove, you have to have a Hawk.

Nature(and in comic books) will find a way.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Personally I think it's stupid that heroes named "Hawk" and "Dove" DON'T have flight capability.

Raven looks like someone took a plastic sex doll and put Raven's outfit on it with a couple of Christmas lights for eyes & earrings... *more giggles* This is gonna be funny!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Yah... REEEEEEEEAL "LOL"... as long as you don't care about the book much. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Yah... REEEEEEEEAL "LOL"... as long as you don't care about the book much. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

[ROTFLMAO]

[Razz]

[ April 29, 2005, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
well i suppose ROB did draw the original mini-series back in the late 80's !!

The only reason the art in the H&D mini was any good was because Karl Kessel re-inked Liefeld's stuff.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Rob Liefeld is a no-go for me. I just can't get behind any project he's attached to. Having made the mistake of reading X-Force #1 - which was scripted by Fabian Nicieza (who I generally love) - and seeing how bad it was, I'm convinced no good can come out of a book with his name on it. I am therefore not reading TT for two months.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.