Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Is Donna due for a new codename when she comes back? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is Donna due for a new codename when she comes back?
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if this is true but I've heard Troia in Italian means something less then super. So how about a new codename?

Troy sounds to man-ish.

Cassie's Wonder Girl.

Her proposed name of Avatar never materialized.

Last I heard the Darkstars were defunct.

Myth?

Amazon Angel?

Soul Sister?

Princess Retcon?

My Petite Greek Wonder?

Dynamic Donna?

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I would have said "keep Troia," had someone not pointed out to me what it actually translates to. And, yes, it does mean that. None of the alternatives you suggest sound good tho.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Well "Myth" was the only serious one. Amazon Angel & Soul Sister were semi-serious. I was just joking about the others.

ETA: Most of the time I don't care for gender-specific codenames. They often seem kind of unimaginative to me.

[ September 06, 2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: TheGreenActingBug ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Donna should become the new Fury.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

I don't think Donna is "savage" enough to be a Fury.

--------------------
ActorLad

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, with all of her rebirths and past lives, how about "Shirley MacLaine"? [Smile]

I'd be willing to let them use Paragon if they wanted [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreenActingBug:
I don't think Donna is "savage" enough to be a Fury.

I do believe this is changing per the ending of GRADUATION DAY.

Like Magenta, I hated the name Troia at first but it grew on me.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
So, um... what does "Troia" actually mean anyway??

Maybe she can just be "Donna Troy". She doesn't really have a civilian life anymore anyway right?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeChase3004:
So, um... what does "Troia" actually mean anyway??

It's Italian slang for a prostitute, apparently.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... "Wonder Girl" is in use. How about: WONDER CHICK!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
And Lyta /"Fury" from Infinity Inc is back in JSA, so I guess that one's out.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[QBI do believe this is changing per the ending of GRADUATION DAY.[/QB]

Getting pointlessly slaughtered in a terrible mini-series would probably make me a little cranky too.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crulith:
Well, with all of her rebirths and past lives, how about "Shirley MacLaine"? [Smile]

I think this is the best one yet!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[QUOTE]It's Italian slang for a prostitute, apparently.

Hmm. This would suggest a whole new set of powers. And of course, costume redesigns!!!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Troia, it's got the Greek feel in it, it's feminine, and it gives her a seperation from Wonder Woman, and I hate it when characters names get changed many times (that's my opinion, don't hurt me)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.