Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Is Donna due for a new codename when she comes back? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Is Donna due for a new codename when she comes back?
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astrid Seahorse           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] I don't speak Italian so Troia still sounds heroic and beautiful to me. But if you just have to have a new name - Pagan? [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crulith:
I'd be willing to let them use Paragon if they wanted [Smile]

Marvel might have the trademark on that... The female created to be Adam Warlock's mate by his creators, The Enclave, was originally named that before adopting the name Her (Warlock originally ran around being called Him in his earliest appearances in FF and Thor.)

I'm not sure, but I think there was a storyline involving either an evolved Her or another Enclave created female in the current FF title... I remember the cover was an homage to the original FF #67, which had Him's hatching cocoon... and I think the character was called Paragon by the end of that storyline.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, well Guy Gardner might not be using the name "Warrior" after "Emerald Rebirth"... I could almost see Donna using it...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Povicho:
Marvel might have the trademark on that...

Oh. Well, in that case, it's back to my original "Shirley MacLaine" suggestion [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] *snicker* How about Trojan? *tee hee* [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Lythyl, the Omega Colony | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well if you can trust Blair Marnell's sources at All The Rage, George Perez will be bringing her back soon so we'll have an answer to this question.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

quote:
Tales of Wonder

Earlier this week, an item that appeared on George Perez’ fan site sparked some speculation regarding his next DC project:
quote:

Here's a little tease about George's next project - Phil Jimenez writes, Jose Garcia-Lopez pencils and Perez inks... something. George wouldn't go into any more detail, and I think he wants DC to make the official announcement, but I thought you might want the heads up.

The project in question is likely the Troia miniseries Jimenez has been asking for since he signed his DC exclusive contract. Donna Troy is reportedly one of his favorite characters, and he’s been looking to “right a wrong” since she was killed off a while back.

As for Perez, his participation in this project shouldn’t preclude his work on The New Teen Titans: Games, which was announced last year. Games will reunite Perez with his original Titans collaborator, Marv Wolfman.

This Has A “Life After Death” Factor of Seven Out of Ten

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there a JLA villain named Paragon? A guy who could duplicate the abilities of others?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Just stick with 'Donna Troy'.

Donna Troia?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Wasn't there a JLA villain named Paragon? A guy who could duplicate the abilities of others?

Issue #224, "The Supremacy Factor". Paragon has the ability to acquire abilities from anything living thing within a certain range, similar to Amazo.

A synopsis of the issue can be found here.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah yes... way back when I still enjoyed JLA [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
HMMMM

I didn't care for "Avatar", I don't like Troia either.

I do like "Myth"

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, we could just call her the Matriarch! [Smile]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astrid Seahorse
Green Lantern Core

[Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] Myth is very pretty and feminine, actually. [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark]

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. Myth is pretty much the only codename that really "fits" Donna considering her history. In my opinion, of course.

[ September 07, 2004, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: TheGreenActingBug ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I *hate* the code-name Troia! Its just so... nothing! I'm beginning to realise that it was the change to this code-name (as well as all the horrible costumes that she adopted afterward) that probably made Donna drop like a stone out of my Top 10 Titans list.

Myth is pretty good. Avatar is better (and there should be no problem with taking this name now that that horrible L.A.W. mini-series has been thankfully forgotten by the 3 people who read it). But someone on the DC Boards is currently championing the name Victory and I really like that one. That's a helluva lot more inspiring name than Troia.

Donna Troy - Victory!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.