Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The Bring Back Lian Movement (Now With an Online Petition) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Bring Back Lian Movement (Now With an Online Petition)
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Rise of Arsenal #4 review from Newsarama

Review by Kevin Huxford

Well, that's over. We've quite possibly seen four of the top ten worst superhero comic books ever... all spawned from one mini-series, generated from a previous mini/event that is starting to look respectable in comparison (Justice League: Cry For Justice).

There's been a lot of focus on this series. All of it negative...and all of it deserved. All but the first issue have had three pencil artists and at least two inkers. For the life of me, I can't understand why. It wasn't rush solicited and it isn't such an important book that several others would be damaged by it running late. The only explanation I can come up with is constant re-writes. Why do I feel this is likely the case?

Because one of the hallmarks of the series, continued in this issue, is inconsistency and things that just don't make any sense.

We have keys switching sides on an orderly's belt and his co-worker seemingly oblivious to physically struggling with Roy. Then there's a super-villain wearing his costume under his prison uniform and then having that directly contradicted by a comment by Harper. Of course, a jailed Green Arrow walking around in his full costume barely gets one to bat an eye after that. We have terrible perspective in the art, with blades that go from looking like knives to short swords and back again from one panel to the next. One of those blades somehow pulls a cellblock switch when thrown straight, which manages to damage the reader's ability to suspend disbelief more, something that previously seemed impossible. Yet I still paused out of incredulity when I noticed a large blotch of blood somehow wind up on a wall that would have been shielded by the attacker's body.

There's not much to say about the writing that hasn't already been said in reviews all across the internet for the first three issues. It's written at all times for extreme shock value, which leads to a product that only manages to be entertaining through the same way one might enjoy a movie that wins a Razzie: laughing with friend at how bad it is, as you gather together to pick it apart.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the idea to have Green Arrow wear his costume in prison is a direct result of Marvel. I think it was Bendis who established that villains could where their costumes because of good behavior.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Again, stupid.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

We have now reached 300 on facebook.

And 147 on DA with 156 watchers.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

O’Shea: In the Legion book, the current storyline features the kidnapping of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad’s twin children. Were you hesitant to build a plotline around putting the heroes’ children at risk, given the recent negative reaction to the death of Liam (Roy Harper’s daughter) in the Justice League: Cry for Justice?

Levitz: I haven’t followed the reactions you’re referring to, but I think there’s a reality to children being at risk in the world, and certainly in the melodramatic world of the Legionnaires’ lives, it’s not unexpected.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

My gift to the group:
 -

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Someone finally started an online petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/bblh1979/petition.html

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.