Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Lardy's Lair (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Lardy's Lair
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
He's a no-show, so far. He needs to get his nelly-hat ass over here!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In that case, I'll just help myself to some beer and pizza.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Note to self: Never again base an at-home drinking game on the number of times one sees the words "breasts" in an LMB thread.

hee hee hee (HIC!)

PINK TELLUSES!! Lookit' 'em flyyyyyy!!

[thud]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! Somebody get Clee home safely, post haste!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Shoor. I'lllll drive herr. Wish yeller line shoood I keep right off?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
No need to worry about people getting home safely! Since my return to the Security Office, I've hired several Venturian Walking Money as low-level security officers, and they specialize in getting people home safely. The best part? You never have to pay for space-cab fare.

<finds bottle of some blue liquid>

Gross! Dominator liquor! Ah, what the hell...

<guzzles it, skin turns blue momentarily>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<wakes>

uhhh...what a party. Don't think Eryk ever showed up...

<looks around at unconscious guests>

Oh my god!

<sees Gladys the Sentient Disco Ball entwined in naked, unconscious postcoital bliss with another very familiar partygoer>

<The partygoer awakes, fails to see Lardy and slips out>

Gladys has slept with--! Lord, should I keep this a secret?!?!?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<having consumed a special mushroom obtained from Doctor Mayavale, Lardy lies in his bed dreaming a peculia dream...>

Yes! Mayavale's mushroom...it unlocks my past lives! So many.....

<Lardy sees himself battling the JSMB...then ruthlessly hunting Native Americans...manning the guillotine during the French Revolution...and on and on...>

Gods! Was I evil in every one of my past lives? <His sleeping self sheds hot tears and coils into the fetal position> No...no. I must go further...

<life after life flashes by him, but he wills himself not to look>

Must find the life I'm looking for...the first one...the one where I knew Ghost Girl...and...and Zardi...

<finally, after what seemed billions and billions of lives, Lardy stops>

<his sleeping body shakes as if he'd had a dream about falling, but he stays awake>

<a rush of happiness falls over him>

My...first life? I...I am with a woman, and I am very happy. We...we're in love! And I...I am GOOD!

<warm tears of joy this time>

I love her so much! Is...is this Ghost Girl in her former life?

<he's not positive of the answer, but it feels right, at least>

This man...he's like...he's like my brother. I...I'm not sure if it's my actual brother or a bond that FEELS like brotherhood. I don't know who it is...he seems familiar...

<his thoughts turn to Cobalt and their own brotherly relationship>

No, I don't think it's him. Eryk? No, that doesn't feel exactly right either...

<recalls his altercation from the previous day>

Zardi? Is this man Zardi?

<before he can contemplate and focus his perception of the man, the scene changes>

<his love lies...unconscious? dead? And the man stands over her, possibly having put her in this state>

<the two struggle until the other mutters a curse, and Lardy can physically feel his soul darkening>

<suddenly, the other lives fast-forward thru time and Lardy can feel his soul getting darker and darker thru each one until suddenly....>

<...he wakes>

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

<eyes open wide, Lardy finds himself drenched in sweat and breathing hard as if he'd just completed a marathon run>

*huff* Oh my gods---was that how it all really happened...or was it a really vivid and detailed hallucination? *huff*

<Lardy rubs his temples and contemplates it all>

[ October 04, 2009, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
<A gnome, peers intently from a crack in the stone wall. In her hand is a small fragment of mushroom snatched from the floor while Lardy was hallucinating/dreaming/whatever.>

The Master will be very interested in this...

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<recovering>

Unh. I don't think that was all an hallucination. Some details may have been off, but I'm positive that was a life I've lived, and it's relevant somehow to what's goin' on. I've a feeling I know what I need to do...

...but first, I need to talk to Rocky.

<'ports to the Rookery>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<appears>

I cannot find Myla, anywhere!

<looks around>

This place is...filthy, but at least it is not a place of death as that bunker was.

<lies down>

I require rest. I will sleep for a short time before redoubling my efforts to find her.

I will find you, my love...

<goes to sleep>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<'ports in>

<looks in mirror>

Damn, Lardi, you really did a number on my looks!

My apologies, Lard Lad. I overstepped my bounds.

Naw, it's okay. Never hurts to have a more clean-cut look every once in a while. Wonder if Rocky likes it?

I am unsure. He has....avoided me since the transfer.

Yeah, I think maybe I should wait 'til you're completely gone to re-establish things with him.

Perhaps it might be for the best. I appreciate your letting me use your body these past months. It has been...illuminating.

Did you ever find her?

You refer to Myla...the one your LMB knows as Ghost Girl. No, I am afraid not. She disappeared around the same time that Zardi withdrew his aggressions.

I'm sorry, pal. You gonna be okay going back to...wherever it is you went...soon?

Yes, friend. My time is past. This is your time.

You're a good man, Lardi. Let's get some rest, shall we?

<lies down and goes to sleep>

--------------------

Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardi's dreams are restless. In his head he hears the methodical beat of a deep deep drum.

In his dreams He sees flames, hears the wailing of women.

Boom Boom Boom

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<walks in>

Damn, haven't been here in a while...my last two homes were the Rookery and the Security Office. Now...I belong in neither. *sigh*

<looks around>

Place is an absolute mess! Don't know whether I should bother to clean it up or not...with my leaving for the Dark Oval very soon.

Aw...can't hurt!

<gets out his duster and lots of cleaning solution>

I'll have to call Temp after I get this place in decent shape...

<gets to work>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<hours later>

Hm. Semi-livable, now.

<sends Temp a dinner invite via Omnicom>

Hope she accepts!

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.