Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » STU's Mansion. (Page 72)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 73 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73   
Author Topic: STU's Mansion.
STU-W
Hungry...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for STU-W           Edit/Delete Post     
St-- stop, you fool! You don't know what you're doing!

[STU-W's mouth opens, but the scream that comes out is not his own. As the projector's beam washes over him, the outline of a shadowy Figure begins to separate from his body.]

No... NOOOOOOO!

--------------------
The STU of Board-W.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StuRat
Old School

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StuRat           Edit/Delete Post     
Wait, something's wrong! The projector's glowing bright red -- and there are sparks and smoke coming out of it!

I think the strain of trying to draw out the Figure in the Shadows is too much! It's overloading!

Quick, turn it off! Now!

--------------------
The STU of Board-D.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh... crap!

Er, I don't know how. Um, is it this button?

Or this switch... wait, it's this one...

Or --

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, no! It overloaded and turned you all into... the STU's of Board-M!!! [Elastic Lad]

...getit? Getit? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
***** KA-BOOM *****
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
(I guess my joke is in poor taste, now... ) [Frown] [choke]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<appears, looks around>

Pov--you're here! What happened?

<Pov shrugs, speechless>

It's totalled! Must search for life signs...

<reaches out with Lard Force>

Oh my God! I can't sense any survivors!

<furiously begins using powers to remove debris, in spite of his readings>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Ugh...

[STU crawls out from under some rubble]

I-- I'm OK... I think.

(Ow.)

I don't know where StuRat and Iron Rat are, though... I... I can't sense their presence. Lard Lad, can you find them? We need to find--

S-something feels... wrong...

[feeling his face, STU walks over to a shard of reflective material]

NoooOOOOooooooOOOOooo!

I'm horribly disfigured!

Stu
Time Trapper

A number of robots and golems are busy clearing the rubble and beginning to make repairs to the Mansion. It looks like the repairs will take a while to complete.

The owner does not seem to be around.

Stu
Time Trapper

Although STU is still absent, the repairs to his abode are complete. In celebration of Halloween, the mansion has undergone its annual October renovation.

This year, the mansion resembles a massive hunting lodge. Long abandoned, perhaps after some unspeakable tragedy, its natural stone walls and timber-framed roof are gradually falling into decay. A thick layer of dust has settled on everything -- but are those footprints in the dust? Or pawprints? Guttural growls, as if issued from undead throats, seem to emanate from the darkness.

As usual, for those who can make their way to the kitchen, there's an all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of candy, chocolate, cider (soft and hard), hot chocolate, and freshly-baked cookies, brownies, pies, and cakes.

Stu
Time Trapper

The holiday decor -- as well as the candy and other goodies in the kitchen -- should be around until Halloween, for any LW trick-or-treaters who might happen to come by.

As for myself, I'll be somewhere in the Mansion enjoying my retirement. There are countless alcoves, secret passages, and even entire hidden wings of this house that I'm sure STU doesn't know about. I don't think he'll mind -- if he returns one day, he can come find me.

I'll be around, maybe in one of the Mansion's countless libraries, enjoying a strong drink and a good book.

Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
Empty it sits, overlooking all of Legion World now. Where once the Mansion provided comfort, it now fills me with dread. There is magic in there still, even if the kind magician is no longer a tenant.

You have to wonder--if all the good magic left with Stu, then what magic is still there? Hasn't this Mansion always existed, moving from plain to plain, from world to world? Why is it that if Stu is gone, it remains? What purpose does it serve? What business does it have that remains unfinished?

Overlooking Legion World, it blocks out the sun at sunset, as if speeding up the darkness to permeate Legion World. As if forcing those final moments of comfort in the light of day to be gone.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
return here must he at seat of point. This power is the his some

<Glances at book... Gestures, a mystical doorway opens>

I here. wait shall

<Two young Pre-Egyptian priestesses step thru the doorway and begin attending to the Master Sorcerer...>

[ February 16, 2011, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
<A Green doorway opens and Abin steps into the room.>

Ring, find any trace of STU and lock on. Track to his current location.

<A flash of green energy illuminates the room for an instant then fades.>

Unable to comply with last command. The Master Sorcerer known as STU no longer exists in this space-time continuum.

Hmm... if Cobie wasn't warning me abour Dark STU returning... Who or what could he have been talking about?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Red Bee
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Red Bee   Email The Red Bee         Edit/Delete Post     
*as swarms of bees ravage Legion World leaving its protectors distracted, the Red Bee enters Stu's Mansion*

Ah, the great resident of this sanctum sanctorium has long left Legion World. Such a shame, I’d have liked to have tested his mettle. Regardless, there is an item here which I shall need and all debts are paid.

*The Red Bee begins searching through various trinkets and items which at first glance appear to be nothing more than eccentric baubles.*

Zardi’s protection was indeed most useful to stay hidden and enhance my…”protections”…but he’ll keep a close eye on my plans so long as this debt goes unfulfilled. Best to be done with it. Or at least with Zardi himself, and maybe not everything related to him. [Big Grin]

*At last the Red Bee finds a smell precious stone, either a jewel or a gem. Upon the Bee’s touch it flashes as if there was something in their sentient.*

Ironic that this small jewel is a magical artifact. Even more so that Zardi himself cannot hold it for it’s the single item in this world that can possibly bring him harm. I don’t understand what is in this, whether the soul of Lardi or some other ancient enemy of Zardi, and I don’t care. The debt shall be paid.

*exits*

From: Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 73 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.