Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » LMBPets Pictures (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: LMBPets Pictures
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't say how old they truly are, as we got them as adults from a shelter. Winston's pretty rickety, but Gilham can hardly contain himself.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, they look adorable whatever their age. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is Hyvvie (short for Hyfrydol), my beagle. Not being much of a camera person, it took a while, but I finally got a picture of him I could share. [Smile]

-

[ July 04, 2006, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Aw who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?

[Embarrassed]

Um Nice dog, you have there Rockhopper LAd.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Where'd the name come from, Rockhopper?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Hyfrydol" is a Welsh hymn tune. It's one of my very favourites and I thought it would make a good name for a dog. It became clear very quickly that it was too long and it got shortened to "Hyvvie" ("F" is pronounced as "V" in Welsh). The word itself, as I understand, means "pleasant", which is very appropriate. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, here are my puppies!

First-- Sammy:
Click for fullsize image
He's my baby. My boy. He sleeps in my bed when I'm gone (which is basically always [Frown] ) and my goal is someday to whisk him away from my parents house and have him with me on the beach. Now I just have to find a place that allows dogs...

And Sassy:
Click for fullsize image
She's my parents dog. Another brave Jack Russell terrier. She's a great huntress and far smarter than my boy Sam. We didn't get her until she was already, like, 9 or 10 years old but she's still spry and full of life. We love our li'l Sass, we do.

Both of these dogs are rescues... kinda.

Sammy we got from the no-kill pound. We think he's a lab/boxer mix. His original owners didn't have enough time to take care of him, so we lucked out 'cause he's just about the sweetest baby boy you ever could meet. Seriously-- he's like a baby. Even gets all jealous of Sassy.

Sassy had the same owners for years. Unfortunately, they elected to put her down instead of doing a simple, if slightly expensive, surgery to fix her bladder. My aunt, their vet, was not pleased and kept the dog. She then convinced my mum that Sassy needed a good home. (My mum's a pushover.)

And those are our dogs! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My beautiful Sheltie mix suffers every summer from a heavy coat and an undercoat that mats into felt, even with brushing, which she hates. I took her to a groomer, who said it just all had to come off. I just about passed out when I saw the finished product, but the dog seems perfectly okay with it and it has been a whole lot easier to find ticks, which are all over the place around here.

This was a few weeks ago and her coat's coming back nicely now.

Before and after:

-

-

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
FC.

I had a neighbor who had a similar dog, whom they had shaved in the summer.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Telling, looking at the "after" compared to a cat.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, and I thought my Mitzi looked different when she got shaved. And since Mitzi's pics seem to be gone:

-

-

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

What a cutey. Mitzi looks like she is very playful.

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

She is. She's slowed down a lot in the last year, though. She's mostly blind, partly deaf, and has arthritis now, but she's 17 so the vet thinks she's doing really well.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Here is a picture of my wet food whiner

-

If you click the thumbnail, you go to a brighter copy on photobucket

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Cute. [Smile] Looks like she's got a forceful personality.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.