Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Are you going to SD comic con? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Are you going to SD comic con?
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
So Ladies and gents lets get some idea of the legion presence at this years SDCC... It was sorely lacking at WWLA.

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I should be there all four days. I've got my plane ticket and hotel room booked.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mechana
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mechana           Edit/Delete Post     
Sigh, I wish I was going. I had a great time last year and had the pleasure of meeting several LW'ers, but finances do not permit this year. [Frown]
From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Psh, please-- the pleasure was all ours. [Big Grin] Unfortunately, I believe I'll be in much the same boat this year. Doesn't look like I can make it, either. [Frown] Have fun, guys!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
My girlfriend and I'll be there with two different versions of LoSH costumes. I can't wait. I've never been to SDCC before. Really looking forward to it.

Would love to meet more Legion Fans while there!

Jay-El

From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wndola1
Ex-Female Fury

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wndola1   Author's Homepage   Email wndola1         Edit/Delete Post     
your going to love it as long as you don't have a fear of crowds. Last few years it reminds me of that star trek episode where they kidnap Kirk so that he can give them a disease because they are so overpopulated the whole planet is standing room only . Yeah SD comic con is something like that. But it is also the greatest convention of all time.

--------------------
http://twitter.com/wndola
http://www.diversionarium.com
http://wndola.livejournal.com

From: New England | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Not going. Saving up for the big event next year instead.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wndola1:
your going to love it as long as you don't have a fear of crowds. Last few years it reminds me of that star trek episode where they kidnap Kirk so that he can give them a disease because they are so overpopulated the whole planet is standing room only . Yeah SD comic con is something like that. But it is also the greatest convention of all time.

LoL. No, thankfully, I don't have a fear of crowds. So far, the most crowded con I've been to was Dragon*Con last year, and while, I know it's nowhere near the size of SDCC .. it was really crowded and I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

I've been wanting to go to SDCC for years but I wouldn't because I'm terrified of flying ... but, this year, for my birthday my girlfriend got us tickets to SDCC, so, I have to get myself on a plane to fly from Baltimore clear across to the other side of the country. Little nervous, but looking forward to the con!

Jay-El

From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Assuming I can get off work, I'm going!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not going this year. I may next year.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Can't this year.

2008 (LSH's 50th anniversary) definitely!

too bad we didn't know you last summer, wndola! we had a decent turnout last year.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I was planning on cancelling the trip, but now it looks like I can make it after all.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so bummed that I've continued to miss it BUT I think I may make special effort to make it there for a 50th birthday party for the LSH.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Like most i am saving up for the next year's big 50th get together.

But then i am coming a little further than most [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto on the next year get-together!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.