Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Are you going to SD comic con? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Are you going to SD comic con?
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kryptaku:
My girlfriend and I will be there, and our Legion 5YG Uniforms and our Lar and Laurel Gand Cargo/Military Style uniforms are about 95% done. Hoping to see other Legion Costumes!

I might have a little something (not a full costume) in the works if I can make it in time [Wink]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh so I guess we should get a little more organized huh? There's two panels that stand out as particularly Legion friendly:
Thursday 7/26, 6:00-7:00pm in Room 6A
DC Group Therapy: Leagues, Legions, Societies, and Teens!

Friday 7/27, 4:15-5:45pm in Room 6B
Warner Bros. Animation: The Batman/Legion of Super-Heroes

Should we get an email chain going about who wants to meet when? During panels, creator signings, breaks, dinners, etc.? If you want to be on the email chain (or just want the results of the email chain once it's been decided) please send me a private message with your email address, Legion user name, and if you want to, real name.

In addition, there are a host of Legion and Legion-friendly creators that should be there. Here's who I've found so far:
Legion Friendly
Chris Batista
Adam Hughes
Dennis Calero
Eric Canete
Eric Wright
Bernard Chang
Phil Noto
Amanda Connor
Lauren Montgomery
Mike McKone
Jim Calafiore
Tony Bedard
Ivan Reis
Gail Simone
Dan Jurgens
Todd Nauck
Jim Lee
Ale Garza
Cully Hamner
Cliff Chiang
Sanford Greene
Renato Guedes
Phil Jimenez
Geoff Johns
Carlos Pacheco
Stuart Sayger

[ July 20, 2007, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope no one was planning on attending any of the panels or presentations from Twentieth Century Fox. Fox Pulls Films From Comic-Con
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. More than a little bit embarassing, there.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Oops. [I Dunno]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
is it more embarrssing for Fox, or for ComiCon, I wonder?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Just a little over a month away...headcount so far...
Suddenly Seymour
Wndola1
Kryptaku
Outdoor Miner
Monkey Eater Lad

Maybe Gary can get off work?

I did get Thursday and Friday off (finally got vacation!), so count mogli and I in any gatherings. I'm going to go to Preview Night as well after work.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Big favor to ask of one of those attending. Besides any little Legion items you can get your hands on could someone pick me up a set of First Day Covers for the Marvel postage stamps? They'll go real nice with the DC ones from last year. Just let me know price and shipping and I will generously reimburse you.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
If you don't have your four-day pass already, fuggetaboutit.

And now Saturday is out for you slackers who didn't pre-purchase.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
is it more embarrssing for Fox, or for ComiCon, I wonder?

Given that Fox said they pulled them becasue they weren't ready, that's totally on Fox.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Perhaps they should give Rupert Murdoch a special effects workstation and pay him piecework style for each usable frame of film produced.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
So here I am in San Diego, and my supposed roommate has been incommunicado for the last couple weeks. I don't even know if he's going to show up. Anyone need a room? I'm at the Marriott Gaslamp, really close to the convention center.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
Costume status:

Thursday my girlfriend and I will be dressed as Krypto & Streaky, and we will try to be at the Group Therapy DC Panel. If not, we're definitely going to be at the premiere of the Superman/Doomsday animated movie.

Friday she and I will be dressed in our Lar and Laurel Gand military/cargo style costumes. They should be very easily recognizable. Mine is basically red cargo pants, red cargo vest, blue castro style hat, blue backpack with yellow buttons on the straps. Hers is a cargo style dress, red from the waist up, blue the couple inches from the waist down.

Saturday we'll be doing our 5YL Superman & Demon Damsel concept costumes. Very easily recognizable if you know what the 5YL uniforms look like.

If you see us, say hello, take our pictures, and stroke my ego by telling me how awesome the costumes are (even if they suck. Though, I am especially proud of the handmade silver Legion Flight Rings).

Hope to see some other Legion fans there!!

From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

DINNER. THURSDAY. Like maybe after 'DC Group Therapy' (which is 6-7pm) at 7:30/745pmish? Can anyone make it? I've vaguely touched base with L.E.G.I.O.N.John and Suddenly Seymour in the last week or so. If some folks are interested I'll try to make reservations somewhere big n' closer (Rock Bottom Brewery, Bucca di Beppo, or ?). Gary? OM? Wndola1 or Kryptaku?

Friday night might also work but I'm not sure if I have plans already with my brother - if I have dinner plans I might still be free after dinner.

Saturday night I can't make it personally...

[ July 26, 2007, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Legionnaire888
Long Live the Legions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legionnaire888   Email Legionnaire888         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to be going to Comic-Con saturday so hope to see some of you there.

--------------------
"There is always a solution to every Obstacle."-Karate Kid

From: Earth-Henderson,NV | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.