Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Are you going to SD comic con? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Are you going to SD comic con?
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm available Thursday and/or Friday. Saturday's out for me, too. I'm actually staying over Sunday night, too, if anyone else wants to hang out.

And I can't wait to see Krypto and Streaky on Thursday. Gotta bring my camera.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
All my nights are pretty much already booked, so dinner is a no go :-(

Tonight, I'm going over to see the Superman/Doomsday premiere. Can't miss that! Tomorrow, most likely, I'm heading to the Eisner Awards, and Saturday, may already have dinner plans prior to the Masquerade.

As it turns out, we may only be in our Krypto and Streaky costumes for part of the day. It gets really hot in the Krypto costume because it's pretty much a full body sweater. So, if you see us early in the day, take a picture, because we may not have them on later.

From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Here in Edmonton, the free newspaper Metro mentions the Con opening, but makes a snide comment about being a mass of geekdom. [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Says somebody working for a rag so lame they have to GIVE it away. Write in and tell 'em to smoke on THAT. [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So here's who I've seen (and not necessarily talked to):
Outdoor Miner
Suddenly Seymour
Kryptaku in dog form from far away (he ran away from Outdoor and Seymour while I unsuccessfully went after LegionJ.O.H.N. after the Legion panel)
LegionJ.O.H.N (he asked a question at the panel but we failed to get his attention)
Nightcrawler and Mogli (jet setters that they are I didn't get a chance to talk)
Elvis Lad - I swear he looks like Elvis Lad but I'm not sure if it's him

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kryptaku
Jay-El

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kryptaku   Email Kryptaku         Edit/Delete Post     
Monkey Eater Lad, you missed the Mon-el and Laurel Gand costumes from yesterday. Hung out with Seymore for a bit before and during the Legion Cartoon panel (and holy smokes does season 2 look ever different .. no spoilers from me though!)

Today we're doing 5YL Superman and Demon Damsel. So, keep an eye out!

From: Maryland | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry Kev! We'll look for you before it's over!

I saw 235 - Andy S or at least his twin in line at the panel with us. (I didn't say anything, because [sorry Andy!], I had to look up just now which one of us he was.) I recognized him, but couldn't think of his screen name.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Saw Elvis Lad and Outdoor and Mogli today. Got lots of cool sketches and commissions. I saw this last year but missed taking a photo of it.

-

Damn those EVIL taxis...

Oh and *yay* my art piece made it to the Comic-Con program book as a full page! It's page 159...

[ August 01, 2007, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Two LSV riders spell trouble. One they can handle.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Unless it's Tyr. I hear he's a real loose cannon. [Tyr]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Mmmkay here's a couple more photos:
Cobie's wedding cake!
 -

Outdoor Miner's thumb & his Geoff Johns Legion sketch (to make Caliente jealous!)
 -

Batman, who rode the shuttle with me 'cause the batmobile was in the shop...
 -

Voice of Matter-Eater Lad, Chameleon Boy, and Chlorophyll Kid:  -

Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's Kryptaku and the lovely Mrs. Kryptaku in their costumes. Unfortunately, Streaky was waiting in line to see "Superman: Doomsday." They did a great job, though, didn't they?

-

-

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Outdoor Miner's thumb & his Geoff Johns Legion sketch (to make Caliente jealous!)

I am jealous! Outdoor Miner has a way better thumb than me! (Random question: Why is Starman calling OM "Swamp Thing"?)

Congrats on the full page piece, Kev! Are you planning to scan it for us to see..? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
(Random question: Why is Starman calling OM "Swamp Thing"?)

OM skipped the showers that day? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

Kryptaku
Jay-El

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
[QB]Here's Kryptaku and the lovely Mrs. Kryptaku in their costumes. Unfortunately, Streaky was waiting in line to see "Superman: Doomsday." They did a great job, though, didn't they?
/QB]

Thanks for the compliment Seymore! Ya know, as I said, we were going for a military/cargo look for the Mon-El and Laural Gand costumes .. but, alas, people kept mistaking us for Mario Bros. :-(

I'll have to post pics soon of the 5YL Costumes we did, we unfortunately didn't get any from the actual con, so I'll probably take some this weekend.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.