Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The 85th Floor Corner Office (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The 85th Floor Corner Office
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
On the north wall of the room is a vast array of monitor screens, each tracking the progress of just one of the corporations controlled by the vast conglomerate headquartered here.

Near the west wall is a twelve person solid mahogany conference table.

The south wall window provides a spectacular View of Embassy Row and Founder's Park. In front of the window sits an overloaded sideboard and bar. Virtually any delicacy or drink the occupants of the room desire can be found here and even if the choice isn't already available with a call to the Master Chef located in his extensive kitchen a floor below it will be expeditiously provided.

An 8' by 4' polished mahogany desk dominates the room from it's position in front of the east window.

The man seated at the desk however doesn't appear to be capable of dominating a ham sandwich.

He is Abin Quank, the janitor of Legion World. And for the past few years, almost unnoticed by the rest of the LMBP he has worked tirelessly to build Quank Enterprises from a small Janitorial Services Firm into the Galactic Conglomerate it is today.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
There is a sudden trend in upwardly mobile janitors, I see.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know you owe much of your success to me for my statues giving you so much business in the early days, right? [Big Grin]

(er, this was said pre-coma)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Business was fun, then... (er, this was answered pre-coma)

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You do realize now that you're a big time executive making tons of cash during these hard economic times, you're the most likely suspect as the arch-nemesis of this new roleplay? [Big Grin]

(All artist renditions of Abin having facial hair aren't helping as generally facial hair = evil)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

<A horn sounds and a light on the monitor wall begins to flash. Pagan Lass very carefully disengages herself from a sleeping Abin and slowly rises from an oversized couch behind the conference table. She makes her way to the monitor wall and carefully plays back the last few minutes from two separate monitors.>

Abin, Dearest, you better look at this... Brit is poking around in the Fixit Shop...

<Groggily Abin stumbles across the room to join his wife at the monitor wall.>

Is he there? Did he leave anything identifiable there?

<Pagan adjusts the monitors to play back a longer period of time>

No, he left right after retrieving the package... and he was careful not to disturb anything else...

<Abin rubs his head and begins pouring two cups of coffee>

Yeah, nothing but the back of Roy's head... That wasn't necessary Pagy.

I know dearest, but my control over him in this form is minimal, and no permanent damage was done...

I still don't like it...

In the end Abin, when Stoopid Cat and I have our real bodies back... Without poor little My having to suffer for my mistake Roy won't mind...

I just wish we could tell them the truth.

So do I husband, So do I...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Ranger, My Wee Fem, and Cobie arrive on the 85th floor via the high speed elevator. They are met by Plain Jane, Abin's Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.>

Hello Jane, is Abin in?

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Jane, can you hear me Jane?)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<holds on to My Whee Fem's waist slightly to keep self upright, obviously still recovering>

My, no roaming hands, I promise...just need to get my bearings...

<looks around>

85th Floor? Very...distant from the rest of Legion World...

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, this is the first time I've been up here... Even Brit doesn't come up here often. She said that Abin started building this place right after we rescued Pagan and Stoopid Cat from Slim's place...

I'm... I'm not feeling so...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

<The door to Abin's office opens just wide enough for Abin to slide out into the reception area. His eyes are bloodshot and he is badly in need of a shave.>

Cobie, Bart, Miss Fem, what can...

Cobie maybe you should let Miss Fem sit down...

Jane fetch us some chairs please?

I'd invite you into the office but Pagan is sleeping... We practically live here...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen Pagan, or Stoopid Cat for that matter, since I've been back...

(I wonder why that is?)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

In fact, I haven't seen either one since all that stuff happened at Slim's Bar. Are they okay Abin?

<helps My Whee Fem down>

Easy My...now you're the one needing support. Are you okay? You just suddenly stopped feeling well...

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm okay Cobie it was just a momentary thing. Kind of like a hot flash...

But I'll stay sitting for a minute...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

I'd call Pagan out here... Look Bart the room isn't lead lined or anything... well it's sort of silver-lined but you can see thru that... use your x-ray vision...

It's just not a good idea for all three of you to go into the office with Pagan right now... Trust Me...

Please?

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Abin, you know I trust you. But tell me, as a friend, what's the matter?

Whats with all the secrets? Do you know something about who attacked Sir Roy? And who in the world is Numbnuts the Semi-Incomprehensible?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.